Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Nice! I think I will still wait till mid April but let me know on the fitment!
Will do. I had one on my 350 and 370z and fitment was spot on with both. I assume this one will be as well.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,557 Posts
Anyone know the weight of these? I assume maybe a little more than OEM plastic?

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
Anyone know the weight of these? I assume maybe a little more than OEM plastic?
next to not much...aluminum.

think of it as lowering your center of gravity.

·
Registered
2018 Q50. Ecutek
51 Posts
Driving without a engine cover is like driving with your nuts hanging out on the road, of course its a pain to get off but shurely protects from debris and grime. That aluminum undershield is genious.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,557 Posts
next to not much...aluminum.

think of it as lowering your center of gravity.
jode, I need a new battery. Can you point me toward something that's light(er) weight, won't break the bank, and will last at least 3 years?

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
912 Posts
jode, I need a new battery. Can you point me toward something that's light(er) weight, won't break the bank, and will last at least 3 years?
How bigs the bank

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,557 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
912 Posts
Under $200? Am I dreaming?
I’d be worried about a dead battery with low reserve capacity. Remote start, keyless entry, alarms, dash cams all slightly have draw when car is off.

going light, with adequate reserve capacity will be costly.

I ran a shorai LFX36L3-BS12 year round for 3 years in WA with zero issues. But also didn’t have any of the above mentioned for any draw. I’d consider running two in parallel but far above $200 lol. 4.55lbs though.

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
you could put a small capacity battery in there, but I wouldnt advise it. I ran one in my DD/track car. It can work, but it runs out of juice quick...

I believe the above link is the one I had in a 3.6 NA Legacy with a small stereo mod.

I have a full size lithium in the Q.

For my G35, I will stick with a regular battery.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
912 Posts
Braille 17
$200
CCA - 475
AH - 23
Weight - 17lbs

Shorai LFX36L3-BS12
$265
CCA - 540
AH - 36
Weight - 4.55lbs

·
Registered
2,291 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,557 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
intersting perspective about antigravity vs braille...where onr needs a BMS and the other doesnt.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
912 Posts
Ok, I have spent way too many hours this evening researching lightweight batts. How about the Antigravity ATX-20-HD? $360. 5.18 lb. Lithium Ion. 900 CA. 30Ah.

My brain is fried. Time to go continue Resident Evil 7, now that I finally beat Jack in the basement (cough after trying for 2 years cough) the other day.

Need to find CCA (cold crank amps) it’s a better measurement for comparison in my opinion than just CA (crank amps) that’s why I only listed CCA above.

For our Q50 I’d prefer 45+ AH more if you have motion sensor dash cams that record.

How long you routinely go/don’t go without driving, duration of trips (little/no short trips) and your ability/desire to hookup to a float charger if you don’t drive for a few days could get away with less AH.

Shorai’s are really hard to beat for performance/weight to cost ratio.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,557 Posts
Need to find CCA (cold crank amps) it’s a better measurement for comparison in my opinion than just CA (crank amps) that’s why I only listed CCA above.

For our Q50 I’d prefer 45+ AH more if you have motion sensor dash cams that record.

How long you routinely go/don’t go without driving, duration of trips (little/no short trips) and your ability/desire to hookup to a float charger if you don’t drive for a few days could get away with less AH.

Shorai’s are really hard to beat for performance/weight to cost ratio.
Thanks. I drive her at least once a week. 27 miles to work one way. I have my Maxima and my S4 which I drive less frequently on a charger, not willing to do that with the Q50.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I run Advance Auto brand Diehard AGM group 35. Not too bad

·
Registered
5 Posts
I want it but can’t tell if it’s worth it. Anyone with rwd who already had them for a while would like to speak up???

I bought it as soon as the AWD version was available. I’m installing it on Friday (9 April 2021). The aluminum isn’t super thick, but I’m sure better than plastic! My only complaint is there’s no instructions available. Hopefully this’ll be an easy/obvious installation.

I emailed them about the no instructions and they said call tech support if I run into a problem. Not a great answer, but...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I bought it as soon as the AWD version was available. I’m installing it on Friday (9 April 2021). The aluminum isn’t super thick, but I’m sure better than plastic! My only complaint is there’s no instructions available. Hopefully this’ll be an easy/obvious installation.

I emailed them about the no instructions and they said call tech support if I run into a problem. Not a great answer, but...
There's directions on the website.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts