Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once your USB has been been "registered" in the inTouch system, I believe it downloads all the track information, lists, and files to some sort of hard drive. I have duplicated this several times, where if I remove the USB drive and take it inside to my computer to delete file. When I bring that USB drive back to the Q50, it still thinks those deleted files are on the USB drive, AND is still able to play them. What it does is it moves the entire deleted folder to the bottom of your folder list, but it is definitely still there and playable. I've done a reset and they're still there. Also, what is frustrating is I added new folders to the USB disk, but they are now also at the very bottom under all the deleted folders. I also have a bunch of weird folder names like "@#%^@##^" that are not present on my USB drive on the computer.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What's even weirder is I just completely wipes the USB drive from my computer, and put it back in the Q50, and it still plays all my songs, even though they've been deleted. They are saved on the Q50's hard drive.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What's even weirder is I just completely wipes the USB drive from my computer, and put it back in the Q50, and it still plays all my songs, even though they've been deleted. They are saved on the Q50's hard drive.

Not sure if you have this issue resolved but I purchased my Q50 late October and had the same issue. They did a software update and the USB drive works much better now. The songs are random.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yep. The November (2.3.7.0646) update does fixed pretty much all the USB mp3 issues including the clipart not shown before on certain mp3 files.

Not sure if you have this issue resolved but I purchased my Q50 late October and had the same issue. They did a software update and the USB drive works much better now. The songs are random.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
That is an interesting find. I'm going to play with this when I get home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.