Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 White Q50RS RWD
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be going back to get LDP's installed and a re-tune sometime this year. Might as well get some more performance mods done at that time!

I threw the full part list I am considering below (to be done in stages) and highlighted the ones I am prioritizing for next round in blue.
  • Rotors would be less of a priority normally, but mine need to be resurfaced or replaced probably (and the sprinkle slotted Z1's look so good)
  • LSD is also a high priority, but only in this round if I go the retrofit version

Generally, I was thinking of doing the wheels, tires, full SPL suspension upgrade, RSR CO all at once (maybe next round after this). That will be on of the priciest I imagine, so I want to space that out..

Let me know your thoughts/suggestions!

SPL Suspension PartsPrice
SPL Parts Rear Swaybar Endlinks Infiniti Q50/Q60
$197​
SPL Parts Rear Traction Arms Q50/Q60
$449​
SPL Parts Rear Toe Arms
$549​
Other Suspension/Frame Parts
Cusco Front Strut Bar
$308​
RSR Best*I Active Coilover
$2,799​
Hotchkiss Sport Sway Bar Set
$447​
Pride Auto Rear Differential Brace
$110​
Z1 Motorsports Q50 Subframe Bushing Collars
$168​
Z1 Transmission Mount
$248​
Pride Auto Transmission Mount
$275​
Braking System
Z1 Sprinkle slotted rotors (rear)
$648​
Z1 Sprinkle slotted rotors (front)
$598​
Z1 Stainless Steel Brake Lines
$108​
Engine, Drivetrain, Exhaust
AMS Lower Downpipes
$399​
Fast Intentions Lower Downpipes
$399​
AAM Competition Q50 3.0t 2.5" to 3" Resonated LDP
$640​
CZP Aluminum Driveshaft
$799​
Z1 Q50 Street Pro R190 LSD
$1,330​
Datsun/Nissan R190 LSD Retrofit
$349​
Z1 Q50 / Q60 VR Silicone Radiator Coolant Hose Set
$130​
Z1 Infiniti Q50 / Q60 VR30 Silicone Intercooler Coolant Hoses
$70​
Other
Aluminum Under Tray for RWD
$179​

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Why do you have so many down pipes listed? Still deciding between them?

·
Registered
2018 White Q50RS RWD
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do you have so many down pipes listed? Still deciding between them?
Haha yes. Not planning on an LDP daisy chain!

I wasn't sure if getting resonated was worth the extra $$$.

·
Super Moderator
3,378 Posts
Generally, I was thinking of doing the wheels, tires, full SPL suspension upgrade, RSR CO all at once (maybe next round after this). That will be on of the priciest I imagine, so I want to space that out..

Let me know your thoughts/suggestions!
Regarding the suspension upgrades, I did the front & rear control arms, RS-R C/Os, and a four-wheel alignment all at the same time, and had my Q lowered 1".

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
long time no see...

please get all the suspension done.

when?

·
Premium Member
21 Q50 Red Sport
166 Posts
Regarding the suspension upgrades, I did the front & rear control arms, RS-R C/Os, and a four-wheel alignment all at the same time, and had my Q lowered 1".
hey @IridiumRS400 From a labor perspective on all of that, would you mind sharing what you paid? I’m sure labor costs have gone up (like everything else) since you got the work done but still would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,378 Posts
hey @IridiumRS400 From a labor perspective on all of that, would you mind sharing what you paid? I’m sure labor costs have gone up (like everything else) since you got the work done but still would be helpful. Thanks!
It was a $1,050 for the C/O install, which includes removing the rear seat and interior panels to access the top perches of the rear suspension. It was $700 $300 for installation of the SPL suspension bits, and $350 for the 4-wheel alignment & corner balance.

Reactions: Q50Wolf

·
Premium Member
21 Q50 Red Sport
166 Posts
It was a $1,050 for the C/O install, which includes removing the rear seat and interior panels to access the top perches of the rear suspension. It was $700 $300 for installation of the SPL suspension bits, and $350 for the 4-wheel alignment & corner balance.
Thank you!

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
206 Posts
Haha yes. Not planning on an LDP daisy chain!

I wasn't sure if getting resonated was worth the extra $$$.
Honestly I would go with resonated, even if it ended up costing double non resonated. Worth it for the nicer tone

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2018 White Q50RS RWD
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Btw, Happy new year everyone!

@jodedor , ya end of the year got busy! I just reached out to Z Car Garage, so Rob will let me know when I can get the car in. Depending on timing may opt for the suspension stuff now. It's a lot of $$$, so I would only do that and nothing else on the list..

@IridiumRS400 thanks for sharing your settings and price details. That's helpful for budgeting this project. 1" lowered all around or different for front and rear? I noticed the front wheel gap looks visibly bigger than rear on my stock wheels.

@SocaliridiumQ50RS thanks for the input! Ya I really like the exhaust note now with my CBE, so don't want to end up raspy. I know a lot of folks installed AMS and FI which all seem to be non-resonated. Curious to hear their experience

·
Super Moderator
3,378 Posts
1" lowered all around or different for front and rear? I noticed the front wheel gap looks visibly bigger than rear on my stock wheels.
1" lowered all the way around on my AWD. If your stance is causing a different gap, the RS-R C/Os will correct it.

BTW, I found the receipt for the suspension work - I mis-quoted the labor on the SPL suspension installation, as it was only $300 vs $700:
Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
2018 White Q50RS RWD
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1" lowered all the way around on my AWD. If your stance is causing a different gap, the RS-R C/Os will correct it.

BTW, I found the receipt for the suspension work - I mis-quoted the labor on the SPL suspension installation, as it was only $300 vs $700:
View attachment 105697
Nice! Thanks for digging that up.

That is ballpark what I was expecting. I figured I was missing a few SPL suspension parts in my list.

Definitely more than I usually spend all at once, but I am sure it saves labor costs in the long run.

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
Rick...why dont we meet up and gou can take a ride in my car. it may help you decide your suspension settings.

pm me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
God dam it was only 350 for my coilovers install on my q60 with a alignment in NYC

·
Registered
2018 White Q50RS RWD
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
God dam it was only 350 for my coilovers install on my q60 with a alignment in NYC
Haha West coast prices I guess...

·
Super Moderator
3,378 Posts
Haha West coast prices I guess...
At $350, the NYC shop must be charging $50/hr shop rate. Here's a few pics of what's involved with just the rear suspension R&R:
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wood Bumper Automotive design Rectangle Automotive exterior

Regardless, I didn't feel ripped-off at the $1k labor charge. The install was clean, with no broken clips or rattles after install.

One more pic of my Q during the corner balance procedure:
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

1 - 16 of 16 Posts