Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@BigHeadClan we can't discount that if Renault and Nissan are serious with equal platform sharing, then Renault has a pretty good DCT in the Megane RS and Alpine A110. Nissan is already using a version of that same DCT in the overseas Nissan Qashqai (Rogue here in the states). So there is potential for a re-purposed DCT to make it into the upcoming Z.
The Megane is a Front-engine/FWD layout so I'm not sure it will be usable for RWD applications as for the A110 I actually forgot that was a Renualt-Nissan product
but it's a rear/mid-engine RWD layout and may run into the same problems as the Megane.

But you are correct there are some interesting technologies avaliable within the alliance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The 9 speed would be a version of the 9 speed that is in the new Titan. A Jatco unit. The Benz partnership is over.

I would expect the Q's (50/60) to get the new transmission for 21 and 22 model years and final year being either 22 or 23 MY.

May be a case to keep the Q60 away from the e power if the Z sells in good numbers. But my guess is the platform would be the FM still. Don't see them investing in a new platform for low volume cars. They will just milk it until they can't any more.
Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
That 9 speed has been very favorably reviewed.
Its also in the 2020 Frontier. Everyone has only good things to say about it.
And if its in a full size truck (Titan) it should be strong enough for a sportscar application.

PS: With the Z going VR30 it should be obvious then that fantastic aftermarket support for just about forever is in the offing for the VR series motors. :)

PS2 Edited for typos

·
Registered
151 Posts
That 9 speed has been very favorably reviewed. Its al;so in the 2020 Frontier. Everyone has only good things to say about it.
And if its in a full size truck it should be storing enough for a sportscar application.

PS: With the Z going VR30 it should be obvious then that fantastic aftermarket support for just about forever is in the offing for the VR series motors. :)
Aint gonna lie, if the 9 sp comes out on the Qs, ima retrofit it into my 2020. Lol. Yeah Aftermarket is going to boom once the Z gets the VR.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,142 Posts
Hummmm 9 speed 🤔.. I didn't need to hear about this. 🙄😇

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yes a 9 speed is very appealing!!

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hummmm 9 speed 🤔.. I didn't need to hear about this. 🙄😇
Should have read my post when I made it a few months ago then. :cool:

Rumored to start at under $40K....this is good!
Aye we can thank C&D for perpetuating that particular rumor, spent a fair bit of time debunking that on the forums over-there
at least when they still worked. lol

Nissan already sells the Q50 with the same drive-train and platform for a starting price of 38K for the VR30 and as
we all know it's the luxury twin of the Z, there was never any chance of the base model starting at
40K unless it came on an all-new platform.

I am happy to see more people pick up on that story.

I must admit I'm curious if there was more meaning by the "heavily updated" version of the company's FM platform " comment.
Does that mean it will be running the same version of the Q60? Or include some more weight savings, stiffer over-all chassis
and maybe a 40V system???

Reactions: BlueZ

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Based on the teasers some people are tossing out renders of what they think the car is going to look and she is gorgeous.

Reactions: u1arunit
21 - 28 of 28 Posts