Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Everytime when i see the name maxima, this dude appears in my head, a true fast & FURIOUS 🔥🔥

·
Registered
550 Posts
I would honestly look at one, if the CVT wasn't in it.
But honestly the 10 Speed Honda Accord is just too damn good compared to this

Reactions: SkylineDreamz

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had a 2002 Maxima SE as my first nicer car out of college and really loved it. The torque steer was there but it was still a fun sporty car to drive and luxurious. I wish they hadn't deviated from their sporty car roots lately and the whole CVT was a bad choice. Mine was an auto but they used to come with a manual which made a great 4 door sports car at a decent price.

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
I had a 2002 Maxima SE as my first nicer car out of college and really loved it. The torque steer was there but it was still a fun sporty car to drive and luxurious. I wish they hadn't deviated from their sporty car roots lately and the whole CVT was a bad choice. Mine was an auto but they used to come with a manual which made a great 4 door sports car at a decent price.
Aye I turned my 02 Altima into an SE-R for the most part, the torque steer was pretty bad in it no doubt. Aftermarket sway-bar endlinks actually tamed a good deal of it.
But 100% agree the sporty focus they took while still being practical and affordable made them fantastic buys.

That Altima smoked many an early 2000's Mustang GT's, 3-series, S4 and 86's, was a practical sleeper I still miss her to be honest.

Reactions: Alto101

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The end of anything equipped only with a CVT is welcomed in my mind.
I agree.

Feel bad for the Maxima... about being canceled, but mostly for having to lug around a CVT for the current gen.

·
Registered
2021 Q50 Signature Edition -- I know, shocking given my Username
198 Posts
I had a 2000 Maxima GLE after college, and really liked the car. And then the car kept getting bigger, and then CVT, and then weird quilted interior. This car has been dead for at least 10 years...they just finally called it.

·
Premium Member
2020 Q50RS Pro
239 Posts
I dont believe the Altima SE-R ever had the VQ35HR engine, it had the VQ35DE which is different.
Yes you are right. I mixed it up with G35 having the HR when it was the DE in the Altima.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Its dad to hear that the Nissan Maxima is now finally ending production next year in 2023.
As a dad myself, I agree with this sentence.

I never really have had any issues with Nissan/Infiniti in general except for their CVTs. I think their CVTs have done more damage to their reputation than Ghosn ever did, almost.

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
As a dad myself, I agree with this sentence.

I never really have had any issues with Nissan/Infiniti in general except for their CVTs. I think their CVTs have done more damage to their reputation than Ghosn ever did, almost.
Thanks for catching that. I used my iPhone to type that all out and sometimes autocorrect just doesn’t catch things lol.

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,154 Posts
Ghosn was CEO from 2002 so the CVT debacle was his doing also.

·
Registered
978 Posts
True but when the CVT failed, his name isn't on the car when people wanted to be mad. Even if he made the decision unilaterally, it doesn't say Ghosn on the car.

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,154 Posts
True but when the CVT failed, his name isn't on the car when people wanted to be mad. Even if he made the decision unilaterally, it doesn't say Ghosn on the car.
I need one of the Spocks to weigh in on this one!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I had a 1996 GLE and a 2012 SV. Both were great cars :) Hope it returns better than ever.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Sky
Wheel Sky Vehicle Tire Car

Reactions: Lucky93

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
The 4th gen Maxima's from 95-99 especially the ones from 97-99 were the best looking Maxima's built. Definitely had that JDM look to them.
I agree with you, but the 2012 was a GREAT looking car inside and out. The wheels were super cool. The most recent version sucks. I actually got my 2015 Q50 Luxe brand new for cheaper AND my insurance went down $20 a month

Reactions: Lucky93

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I agree with you, but the 2012 was a GREAT looking car inside and out. The wheels were super cool. The most recent version sucks. I actually got my 2015 Q50 Luxe brand new for cheaper AND my insurance went down $20 a month
Oh yeah totally agree as well the 2009-2014 Maxima’s was the only model after the 4th gen Maxima’s that I actually liked. It was sleekier and it had those nice curves on it kinda like the Q50.

·
Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake custom axel-back 3inch resonated exhaust
446 Posts
Had the 02 maxima se,,good car,,and a 2016 Altima 3.5 SR,,decent 0-50 car,,I remember just before getting my Q, I squared off with a brand new 2021 maxima SR,,and we went full flat out for bout 1/8mile,,at the very end he creeper about 2inchs ahead,,then traffic made us break off,,he almost blew the engine edging my 17k car with his 45,000 new car,lol,,😂,,but the cvt was really silly,,,Q beats maxima with one hand behind back...

21 - 39 of 39 Posts