·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
True dat!

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Well, complicating the issue is that we are supposed to close on a vacation property any day now so it probably wouldn't look good if the lender verifies everything and sees that. Was supposed to close last week but the appraisal got delayed.
Oh yeah? Is it located in Wuhan?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
It's here so just have to decide to pull the trigger or not to pull the trigger.
We probably won't see the updated version with a 9-speed for 8-12 months due to COVID... Unless Infiniti throws us a curve ball and announces the update along-side the new Z.

Might just need to pull the trigger on it unless you can hold out that long.

Reactions: Q602B

·
Registered
87 Posts
That’s what I’m thinking. To complicate matters and push it further, the G went into limp mode on the way home. Got quoted $58,984 for the car with the following packages:

2020 RS AWD
  • Proactive Pacakage
  • Radiant Grill Emblem
  • Splash Guards
  • All Weather Package
  • Cargo Pacakage
  • Welcome Lighting
  • Rear USB Charge Ports
You guys think it’s a fair deal? It’d be finance and that’s not including any money down.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Where are you located? Cus off the bat I think I got a 2020 and I can probably beat that deal. Can you PM me the last 8 of the VIN to that one?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
That’s what I’m thinking. To complicate matters and push it further, the G went into limp mode on the way home. Got quoted $58,984 for the car with the following packages:

2020 RS AWD
  • Proactive Pacakage
  • Radiant Grill Emblem
  • Splash Guards
  • All Weather Package
  • Cargo Pacakage
  • Welcome Lighting
  • Rear USB Charge Ports
You guys think it’s a fair deal? It’d be finance and that’s not including any money down.
Tell me about your G....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well, was driving back on the last highway (major 6 lane, but with stop lights), pulling away from a light, shifted through 1st, 2nd just fine, but in 3rd it suddenly felt way down on power— on the order of 25% less power, and I though hmmm, that’s weird. Probably ECU pulling as much timing as it could. It shifted normally to 4th them 5th and it seemed ok as I was up to speed. Turned left to go to the grocery store to buy dry ice incidentally (they were out) and through the left turn it went into limp mode and was struggling hard to go past 1,500 rpm and service engine light came on. I was like oh sh*t that’s not good. Shut her down immediately in the first spot I could get into. Went into the store to get ice and came back out and started it back up, looked at the temp gauge and it was close to the H and that’s when a second oh f*%k kicked in and again shut it down immediately. I hadn’t seen the temp gauge while I was driving as I was driving west into the setting sun so that little gauge in the left corner was real hard to see. Bought two regular bags of ice and distilled water. Put the ice bags on the front near the radiator neck and waited for it to cool down so I could uncap the radiator safely but used an old t-shirt because even after 90 minutes it was still hot. Looked in there and there was no coolant. I poured a gallon of distilled water in and it was not filling up. Poured half of a second gallon in and it filled, but them drained right out. There was a water spill coming from the front of the car. Can’t tell what happened yet...either a lower radiator hose burst, the radiator is compromised somehow, or the water pump went. Had it towed back home on a flatbed and am going to triage it in the morning. Checked the oil and there is no coolant in the oil so that’s good. I’m thinking it was a sudden loss of coolant because I was driving it all afternoon today and nothing seemed amiss until that last 5 minutes of driving. We’ll see what I find in the morning. I’ll post an update once I know. Yah, this is a strange thread to be posting this in haha.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hopefully no damage done @twin_snails and hopefully @eljoker can come through for you!
I don't know about no damage. Pulled the under carriage plastics this morning and all of the hoses and radiator looked fine. I couldn't tell where the leak was coming from. I poured more distilled water in the coolant spout and it gurgled down and it's pouring out of the front right of the engine, so looks like the water pump went. At this point with the mileage and age of the car, $3-4k to fix the water pump is gonna be a no-go for me. Seeing what I can work on the RS. Probably going to part out the G, sell my exhaust, GT-SPEC rear subframe connectors, pull my 2-piece rotors off and go back to stock. May try to sell the G as is. It's clean everywhere except for the water pump. No accidents, clean interior, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
I don't know about no damage. Pulled the under carriage plastics this morning and all of the hoses and radiator looked fine. I couldn't tell where the leak was coming from. I poured more distilled water in the coolant spout and it gurgled down and it's pouring out of the front right of the engine, so looks like the water pump went. At this point with the mileage and age of the car, $3-4k to fix the water pump is gonna be a no-go for me. Seeing what I can work on the RS. Probably going to part out the G, sell my exhaust, GT-SPEC rear subframe connectors, pull my 2-piece rotors off and go back to stock. May try to sell the G as is. It's clean everywhere except for the water pump. No accidents, clean interior, etc.
You will regret selling your G.

I am speaking from experience.

Keep it. Cover it up for now. Whatever you need to do.

·
Registered
147 Posts
First I've seen of this.... High performance Gasoline vehicle coming to the brand? I know we are launching a pure EV and 2 Gas Powered EVs. But along with the names being announced in a few months and the high powered car, this is news to me.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Oh man, this definitely complicates things. What are your specific regrets @jodedor versus the Q?
Engaged versus numb.

It is that simple.

For a minute lets ignore the G35 I have.

My first one was sold when i divorced and I shed a tear.

My second one was sold years later when it hit 100,000 and wife was expecting.

It took another 6 years and a few subarus until I got my 3rd one.

I will sell my Q before I sell my G.

A g35 in factory form is more engaging than most cars.

Most evenings I get in my 3rd G and drive for 20 to 30 minutes to recharge my batteries. It is my escape.

If you are a car enthusiast, you will regret selling it.

Sort of like that girl you wish you didnt let go.....

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I want to hold onto my G37 for similar reasons, rev-happy NA motors that have good feed-back are a rarity in today's world.
While the Z and G37 may not be appreciated so much right now , I suspect in another 5-6 years people will be looking back
on those cars fondly.

I'd honestly not be surprised if they end up becoming collectors cars.

Reactions: Q602B

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I will always have that fondness in my heart....when I used to hop in the 37coupe, hit the ignition button...listen to the ponies fire up...and then gaze a little while at the shifter just a vibrating away....like a caged animal ready to get out.

Some people said it lacked refinement...I always retorted, Nah man...it's just Raw!!!

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
First I've seen of this.... High performance Gasoline vehicle coming to the brand? I know we are launching a pure EV and 2 Gas Powered EVs. But along with the names being announced in a few months and the high powered car, this is news to me.

Just read this story before hopping on here...seen the hi-po fossil fuel burning quote and my mind immediately went to......ah, I won't say it!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Engaged versus numb.

It is that simple.

For a minute lets ignore the G35 I have.

My first one was sold when i divorced and I shed a tear.

My second one was sold years later when it hit 100,000 and wife was expecting.

It took another 6 years and a few subarus until I got my 3rd one.

I will sell my Q before I sell my G.

A g35 in factory form is more engaging than most cars.

Most evenings I get in my 3rd G and drive for 20 to 30 minutes to recharge my batteries. It is my escape.

If you are a car enthusiast, you will regret selling it.

Sort of like that girl you wish you didnt let go.....
That's a good way of putting it. Appreciate your feedback. May not be the water pump as that's usually a slow leak and this is just pumping all of the coolant out. I'm having @MobileTechGundam come out to take a look at it. Who knows...may be fixing it after all. We'll see and I'll post updates here and let y'all know.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts