Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 3.0T LUXE AWD
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just love them. Really sets me apart from other Q's.

·
Premium Member
21 Q50 Red Sport
284 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,181 Posts
What color are the turn signals? If they aren't amber, I'm not interested.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
The turn signals are amber. They can also be had from Z1. That’s where I got mine from.

Automotive lighting Amber Orange Automotive design Heat

Car Tire Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Registered
2018 Q50 3.0T LUXE AWD
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2018 Q50 3.0T LUXE AWD
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: Pillboy

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Z1 total came out to around $900, correct?
$1,000. But they’re genuine OEM Nissan, and I didn’t want knock offs. I’ve bought knock off items in the past and the build quality just isn’t anywhere close. Since I didn’t want to deal with burnt out LEDs in a couple years, the price for OEM was worth it to me.

Reactions: Kraken and Q50Wolf

·
Premium Member
21 Q50 Red Sport
284 Posts
$1,000. But they’re genuine OEM Nissan, and I didn’t want knock offs. I’ve bought knock off items in the past and the build quality just isn’t anywhere close. Since I didn’t want to deal with burnt out LEDs in a couple years, the price for OEM was worth it to me.
I really want to pull the trigger on these, CZP and Z1 are both saying 2-4 months for delivery - direct from Japan.

If I order now they’ll be here right in time for Summer! Hmmm

Reactions: SkylineDreamz

·
Premium Member
21 Q50 Red Sport
284 Posts
I was watching a few YouTube videos of these lights/install/etc and it seems that most owners were complaining of the gap between the lights. Are you experiencing anything similar? I wonder if their installs were subpar hence the gap.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I really want to pull the trigger on these, CZP and Z1 are both saying 2-4 months for delivery - direct from Japan.

If I order now they’ll be here right in time for Summer! Hmmm
I’ll be posting an OEM set for sale of the tailights when I get them. Currently on week 21 of the wait for them.

·
Premium Member
21 Q50 Red Sport
284 Posts
I’ll be posting an OEM set for sale of the tailights when I get them. Currently on week 21 of the wait for them.
Week 21?! Wow that’s wild.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I was watching a few YouTube videos of these lights/install/etc and it seems that most owners were complaining of the gap between the lights. Are you experiencing anything similar? I wonder if their installs were subpar hence the gap.
I don’t have any gaps, but my V37 is a 2018, and I know there will be gaps if you install these lights on a 2017 or older. The rear bumper and trunk lid on an older V37 would have to be changed to 2018 or newer in order to fix that issue. When you do install, remove the trunk trim for ease. The lights have a lip the the trim goes over. You CAN angle the lights under it, and work them into place, but it’s easier just to take the trim off.

Reactions: Q50Wolf

·
Premium Member
21 Q50 Red Sport
284 Posts
I don’t have any gaps, but my V37 is a 2018, and I know there will be gaps if you install these lights on a 2017 or older. The rear bumper and trunk lid on an older V37 would have to be changed to 2018 or newer in order to fix that issue. When you do install, remove the trunk trim for ease. The lights have a lip the the trim goes over. You CAN angle the lights under it, and work them into place, but it’s easier just to take the trim off.
Good info, thanks so much.

·
Premium Member
21 Q50 Red Sport
284 Posts
To anyone else interested in this product, I spoke with CZP this morning and they stated the following regarding the lead time, FYI:

I actually don't have a real ETA for them. They are just showing backordered from Japan so it could be like 4-6 weeks or could be like 4-6 months.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 3.0T LUXE AWD
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got mine from CHINA and I am happy with my produce :mad:

🥲

·
Registered
115 Posts
Skyline 2021 Styled tail lamps for 2014-17

Aftermarket 400R tails are available for the 14-17 models (see linked thread). They're assembled and shipped from China and fitment/quality is pretty lackluster IMO. If I had an 18+, however, and wanted to upgrade, I would not even consider aftermarket. OEM all the way.

Reactions: SkylineDreamz

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I do love me some amber turn signals, hate it when automakers use red turn signals on cars in NA. Can never tell what people are
trying to indicate they want to turn or adjusting speed when in heavy traffic. XD

·
Registered
115 Posts
I do love me some amber turn signals, hate it when automakers use red turn signals on cars in NA. Can never tell what people are
trying to indicate they want to turn or adjusting speed when in heavy traffic. XD
Agreed. At least with the 14-17 Q50, the indicator is separated from the brake lights, unlike some other cars (looking at you, Audi).

Reactions: BigHeadClan
1 - 20 of 26 Posts