Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
US

Japan

Note: Pretty much the same video but different languages.

The digital reveal of the next generation Nissan Z is here. Its confirmed with a manual and VR30 motor from our Q's. (It also look like its using the Q's exhaust system in the video too.)

The interior is nice as well.

If they pretty much keep it similar to this prototype, this will definitely give the Supra a run for its money.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Aye Supra has a bullseye painted to the back of it's head I'd say, we do some more speculation over in this thread regarding the car and have found
some other information regarding the car not yet confirmed by Nissan.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Any hint on a weight target?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aye Supra has a bullseye painted to the back of it's head I'd say, we do some more speculation over in this thread regarding the car and have found
some other information regarding the car not yet confirmed by Nissan.

Didn't know there was another thread on this! Thanks.

Don't think so. Nissan didn't release any weight figures.

Current Z is 3,200 lbs. I hope they are able to keep it the same weight or lighter even though its gonna have more tech. There is news that Nissan is working on Carbon Fiber reinforced plastic to put in their cars. The Z could be the first car to have this material which will be tough and light weight.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,985 Posts
The front fascia looks like a mashup of a 2012 Mazda Miata combined with a GT-R grille.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Nothing confirmed as of yet although MotorTrend has stated that the FM platform did receive updates for the new Z, myself and
@Q602B speculated there might be some updates to the FM platform as Nissan developed a new UHS (high strength steel)
rated for 980MPa for the QX60 but have yet to implement it in the FM Platform.

Currently the Q50 uses a combination of 780-1180MPa rated UHS in key areas of the body but most of the larger structures rely on
the older 590MPa rated steels.

The new 980MPa is reportedly 23% stiffer than the outgoing 590MPa , for the QX60 nissan claimed they saved around 45KG total
moving to the new material so we should see similar weight loss in the 400Z. This is of course assuming there is no new safety/crash
regulations that would require changes.

The VR30 does add some weight with the turbo plumbing/cooling, so I'd expect maybe the new Z to weigh much the same as it does
now at around 3200-3300lbs in the base trim.

2014 Q50:

Reactions: Q602B
1 - 7 of 7 Posts