Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
I’m not a fan of the claw mark decals. Not that they don’t look good, I just think they’re over done. But, as said before, it’s your car, so do what You like. It does look good. I just wouldn’t choose it for my car is all.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yeah thats a def no for me. Almost reminds me of when cars put on those eyelashes on the headlights. Looks stupid af. If you like it, rock it. I'm more of a cleaner look

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Its really not that hard at all.
Stock huracans make 440-480whp 370tq.
That poor torque number :ROFLMAO: It's probably at a sky high RPM too.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,643 Posts
Ive seen a FBO stock turbo q60 gap a porsche gt3rs. Never the less, a hellcat is easy prey for the vr30 and a lambo too.
Whoever was driving the GT3 RS must have been asleep. Having driven my Q with it's mods and the Porsche, the GT3 RS is a faster car. It weighs about 800 lbs less than a RWD Q60 and has 120 more HP with a PDK 7-speed DCT. Besides once you get out of the straights and into the turns, there is no comparison.

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,643 Posts
That poor torque number :ROFLMAO: It's probably at a sky high RPM too.
Its really not that hard at all.
Stock huracans make 440-480whp 370tq.
I drove the Huracan LP610-4. It makes 602 HP @ 8250 RPM and 413 lb-ft torque @ 6500 RPM. AWD is a plus also. 0-60 @ 3.2 seconds. 0-125 mph @ 9.9 seconds, which is what I was doing at the end of the front straight before let-off with two people in the car. That's with a chicane at the start of the front straight to slow the cars down coming out of turn 12. You had to slow down to about 5 mph to get through the chicane before WOT.

Stock Gt3 rs make less than 500 wheel. This is a FBO Tuned Q60 making North of 500wheel not a “jb4 map 2” Q50. This the video - Infiniti Q60 Races Porsche GT3RS! #shorts
You said "FBO stock turbo", not tuned. Besides, after the front straight, it would be goodbye Q60. There's no comparison in handling through the curves. 2019 GT3 RS specs: 0-60 mph @ 3.0 sec; 1/4 mile @ 10.9 seconds. That's faster than all the 1/4 mile times for the VR30 we have listed in our 1/4 mile results thread except for the AMS Q60 Red Alpha Shop Car.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
There's all sorts of one off stories on the street, or even the track. And then there is a general rule of them. Blow a coupler and watch a FBO VR get walked by an Accord. Stuff happens, but it doesn't make it the norm. Ive fought above my punching weight on many a ride.

·
Registered
391 Posts
707 HP for the Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody vs 602 HP for the Huracan and 660 HP for the 488 GTB. Weight is what's killing it's performance. 4,538 lbs vs. 3,450 lbs for the Lambo and 3,362 lbs for the Ferrari. Out of all the cars I have driven there, the Lambo was the fastest at the end of the front straight with the Ferrari a close second.
Dang. Didn't realize that Hellcats were packing that much pork.

·
Premium Member
3,327 Posts
Dang. Didn't realize that Hellcats were packing that much pork.
that is why you wont see a hellcat...not even a widebody...get around a road course quickly.

Add to that the lack of AWD for a porker.

·
Registered
291 Posts
It makes 602 HP @ 8250 RPM and 413 lb-ft torque @ 6500 RPM.
Big difference between “crank hp”and “wheel hp”. There plenty of VR30 running sub 3.0-sec 0-60, even with the shitty transmission. Racebox has a bunch of q50/60s running 10 sec 1/4mile. Btw a FBO car means “tuned”.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,643 Posts
Big difference between “crank hp”and “wheel hp”. There plenty of VR30 running sub 3.0-sec 0-60, even with the shitty transmission. Racebox has a bunch of q50/60s running 10 sec 1/4mile. Btw a FBO car means “tuned”.
I understand the difference but 602 down to 440-480 at the wheels? I don't think there's a 120-160 HP drop in the drivetrain.

FBO can mean with or without tune, depending on who you're talking to.

Reactions: LaKuan

·
Registered
291 Posts
Gt3 and lambo will always be the better car, italian work at its finest. All i can say is that im proud that the vr30 can hold up until a certain level.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That's not a fair comparison lol.
i think it says more about the Challengers and Chargers which constantly get compared to vehicles that it was clearly never meant to compete against, not does it try.

Challenger/Charger Hellcat: ~$72,000

Huracan LP580-2: ~$200,000 base
Huracan LP610-4: ~$240,000 base

Ferrari 488 GTB: ~$260,000 base

both supercars run low/mid 10s in the qtr. the fastest 100% stock hellcat (down to the air filter and oem tires) that i know of is 10.93.

60-0 for a hellcat is ~116ft. compared to the 2 vehicles above, its no match, it shouldnt be. but, if you come back to reality and common sense and compare it to an ATS-V, Lexus RC F, or a BMW M4, it stops substantially better than all of those cars when it was introduced. the ATS-V came closest at 119ft.

the hellcat's weight absolutely hinders it on a road course. you can only trick physics so much before it wins out. last i checked, the hellcat isnt a race car and people really dont drive much on racetracks. any sane person would pick a different vehicle for that. dodge made the hellcat vehicles to give mere mortals a chance to own a very fast car that gives you 9/10ths of what it feels like to own a supercar at 3/10th of the price and without having to deal with a temperamental butthole of a car that will depreciate $20,000 because someone farted in a seat.

i dont know why anyone would think a ponycar or a family sedan should be compared to supercars or sports cars (vettes) is beyond me. far too many people compare hellcats to much higher priced or impossibly absurd cars and then use it as an excuse to berate the hellcat vehicle.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
i think it says more about the Challengers and Chargers which constantly get compared to vehicles that it was clearly never meant to compete against, not does it try.
Agreed.

i dont know why anyone would think a ponycar or a family sedan should be compared to supercars or sports cars (vettes) is beyond me. far too many people compare hellcats to much higher priced or impossibly absurd cars and then use it as an excuse to berate the hellcat vehicle.
Welcome to the internet :) I enjoy fighting above my weight, but far to many keyboard hero's think things are the norm when they're not.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Forehead Chin Hairstyle Eyebrow Facial expression

·
Registered
291 Posts

“Racing” does not matter how much the car costs or where it was made. Its all about who is the fastest. And ive seen junk cars beat “supercars” way too many times.

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
88 Posts
Ive seen a FBO stock turbo q60 gap a porsche gt3rs. Never the less, a hellcat is easy prey for the vr30 and a lambo too.
To be fair to the Porsche, it was not meant to go fast in a straight line at all. That is what the Turbo is for

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,643 Posts
To be fair to the Porsche, it was not meant to go fast in a straight line at all. That is what the Turbo is for
That's about all a FBO/tuned Q50 is good for; straight-line drag strip runs. On a road track, a GT3 RS would lap it in short order. The Q50 is an entry-level sport sedan. The GT3 RS is a track car that's street legal. IMHO, after driving both, the Q50 is a boat compared to the Porsche. The instructors I rode with at PIR said out of all the cars they had at the track, they thought the GT3 RS was the best track car of the group.

Still, I liked driving the Huracan the best. Faster in the straights and that V-10 mated with that exhaust sounds exquisite. The brakes are amazing with 8-piston calipers in front and 4-piston in back.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
At the end of the day, the person is still driving away in a 250k car, even with a loss to a 30k car. It's fun to beat supercars, but you're still low on the totem pole lol.

21 - 40 of 106 Posts