Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Lol. I was pissed with the 12.5 seconds :mad:. But, manual mode for sure saved the day today(y). I’ve had my car back for 5 days now and was itching to post both dyno numbers and Dragy results, but those 12.5’s were embarrassing for the amount of sh!t I’ve done to the car lol.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
It takes time to get used to the car and how to drive/launch it, even with an auto. I think my turbo trans am started out in the mid 12s when I first did the work and ended up in the mid 10s by the time I knew what I was doing lol.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Now that I’ve got the Z1 Urethane Motor Mounts on... I don’t even negatively notice them at all. No additional NVH it seems, to me at least. I was expecting my car and its steering wheel to shake/vibrate like crazy at idle... but nope, no difference compared to OEM Motor Mounts. @JohnInNH - Good call on the motor mounts, thanks. Now if only an RWD urethane tranny mount would get released...

But then again, I can hear and feel my full 2.5” turbo-back exhaust more than anything else in my car. The Z1 2.5” UDPs that I added to my HKS Resonated 2.5” LDPs and FI Resonated Touring 2.5” CBE is now causing a slightly raspy-ness at light load, higher gear, around 2.0-2.5k RPMs - not a big deal to me. Also, there’s more of a burble / slight backfire at the end of each gear now that my car’s cat-less (could be the combo of the PS2 Turbos too). WOT is beastly too, especially on 100 / 116 Octane.

Reactions: QFittyRS

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,487 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for sharing EQ50! That's bitchin! Good for you.

Reactions: EngineeredQ50

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Super Moderator
3,487 Posts
As I scan your signature - do you have an LSD (i.e., Z1, AMS, or Traction Concepts)?
Proper use of "i.e." and Oxford comma. A man after my own heart. ;)

Although, it could be argued that "e.g." should be used in this context (unless Z1, AMS, and TC are the only available LSDs? Then i.e. is correct.).

:)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #207

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
No LSD. Stock open diff and driveshaft.
This makes me glad I put a rear Z1 LSD in. The AMS one is better but came out after mine was installed.

Now adding a front LSD makes more sense to me. (Besides being a blast in the winter)

Only part that's holding up scheduling time at Go Auto Performance is the hold up on the front LSD. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get it sorted out.

At least I will have my coilovers and one piece driveshaft in by the end of the week. Less for Go Auto to do.

I sent Farooq the info about the optical speed sensor plate to make sure they are in his hands b4 dropping the motor holding things up until they show up.

Can't wait to try out the RS-R DDS compatible coilovers. They will make the drive out to Nashua NH a little more enjoyable anyway.

I'll post my findings on my build page.

Glad you got things sorted out. I will talk to Whitehead about injectors while I check into my LSD shipment.

Farooq may have a few extra ones laying around incase one fails. If not making sure a set are readily available might be prudent.

Your car sounds like a beast with 100 octane.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Driveshaft, LSD, tranny mount (when one comes out for RWD) and Hotchkis Sway Bars (only maybe since I’m more into straight line racing) done all at once would probably be the next stage/phase for me.

Maybe Big Bore HPFP (Spool FX-180 or AMS RA405) + AMS/Nostrum Injectors at some point - only after others have tried the injectors with positive results in power and reliability.

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
I'm only going AMS LPFP and AMS 338 HPFP since I'm NOT going E85 mix.

Maybe Hydrogen peroxide injection like the WWII German experimental submarine mit diesel/hydrogen peroxide power. 🤔

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
203 Posts
Now that would be an interesting science experiment - inject hydrogen peroxide vs WM. Cooling phase change effect & increased oxygen... Sounds like you have another project! 😋

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Now that would be an interesting science experiment - inject hydrogen peroxide vs WM. Cooling phase change effect & increased oxygen... Sounds like you have another project! 😋
Good luck finding higher than 5% which you would need to do it correctly, but in the WMI system replacing windshield washer fluid with low % hydrogen peroxide might actually be worth a try.

I was actually joking, but who knows?? It might actually help. 🤔@Avedis53.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
Good luck finding higher than 5% which you would need to do it correctly, but in the WMI system replacing windshield washer fluid with low % hydrogen peroxide might actually be worth a try.

I was actually joking, but who knows?? It might actually help. 🤔@Avedis53.
Uhh...you can get higher concentrations of H2O2 but other than the fact it is corrosive to metals, there's always the risk of mixing a strong oxidizer like H2O2 with fuels and blowing something up...like your car...and you.

No thanks if it were me but if someone wants to try doing that, I'm curious to see what happens.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Grats on the time EQ50, that dyno graph is damn tasty making power right to red-line. Sounds like you are still fighting for traction and getting a clean launch even on Drag radials
and a prepped surface a LSD seems like it is in you're future.

·
Super Moderator
3,487 Posts
Grats on the time EQ50, that dyno graph is damn tasty making power right to red-line. Sounds like you are still fighting for traction and getting a clean launch even on Drag radials
and a prepped surface a LSD seems like it is in you're future.
Slicks? ;)

(But then you'll likely need a driveshaft loop)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Holy sh!t. I hit the drag strip today on my RaceBox E60 Map. Best I could get was 11.86 @ 129.66 mph in 2439’ DA. That trap speed though! I kept fighting for traction and kept bouncing off of the rev limiter on my 1-2 gear shifts cuz the rpm’s kept shooting up so quickly. I gotta re-learn my car with this tune and get more seat time, especially with my launches and shifting.

On the plus side though, I tried One 60-130 mph run and got a 7.08 seconds, which is a good indication of how much power my car really has by eliminating my traction issues. I might try another 60-130 mph pass in lower DA.

Now I’m seriously considering Z1’s LSD and CZP’s Driveshaft for more consistency and better traction at the drag strip...

Reliability of the PS2 Turbos has been good so far. No issues within 850 miles of driving, 15 quarter miles passes, and about 20 data log runs in 3rd/4th gear 2500 rpm WOT to redline.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
I've been following this and am glad you are having such a positive result.

I just had my one piece driveshaft and RS-R DDS compatible coilovers installed. In 2 weeks I'll have these turbos and front LSD installed and hope to have this same positive result.

Hearing how much labor is needed to install just a front LSD (dropping the motor) I opted to have it done while I do the turbo install. Basically 80% of the labor overlaps so is "free". So if you have an AWD Q and are needing or wanting new turbos, seriously consider getting a front LSD at the same time.

So glad this project has gone so well for you. I hope mine goes as well as yours did.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
@JohnInNH - I really appreciate your response. We gotta stick together as VR30 PS2 ppl. I’m here to give my feedback on my setup with the PS2 setup, and let other ppl know my experiences, so, hopefully it’d help them out.

Yeah, man, the cost of labor to get these working properly is a lot. But, worth it (to me at least). To everyone that’s on the fence about the RT/PS2 Turbos... It’s worth it, if you have the means for it. Just make sure you have extra $ if it breaks down... but so far, I haven’t resorted to such a thing,

Soon, I will dyno tune my car on this RaceBox Tune, to see if I‘m making too much torque or not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Holy sh!t. I hit the drag strip today on my RaceBox E60 Map. Best I could get was 11.86 @ 129.66 mph in 2439’ DA. That trap speed though! I kept fighting for traction and kept bouncing off of the rev limiter on my 1-2 gear shifts cuz the rpm’s kept shooting up so quickly. I gotta re-learn my car with this tune and get more seat time, especially with my launches and shifting.

View attachment 94155

On the plus side though, I tried One 60-130 mph run and got a 7.08 seconds, which is a good indication of how much power my car really has by eliminating my traction issues. I might try another 60-130 mph pass in lower DA.

View attachment 94156

Now I’m seriously considering Z1’s LSD and CZP’s Driveshaft for more consistency and better traction at the drag strip...

Reliability of the PS2 Turbos has been good so far. No issues within 850 miles of driving, 15 quarter miles passes, and about 20 data log runs in 3rd/4th gear 2500 rpm WOT to redline.
Sheeeesh that trap speed and 60-130 though! Thing is moving up top 🔥 Can't wait to get my car back and give these a go myself

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
I just placed an order on the Z1 LSD. They quoted a 4 week build time.

Also, placed an order on the CZP RWD Aluminum Driveshaft. They said it’s made to order and usually gets shipped out in a week.

201 - 220 of 245 Posts