Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

561 - 580 of 603 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
Just for clarification, the AAM DPs are "Catted", not "Resonated". These DPs appear to be using the same GESI HO converters that FI specs in their catted DPs, too.
I ordered the Resonated version of the FDPs.

Oops. I provided a link to the FDPs with HFCs above. Thanks for catching that.

Product Link to AAM 3” Resonated FDPs:

Reactions: twin_snails

·
Registered
233 Posts
Those are beautiful. I may consider those (AAM) eventually over the FI catted downpipes. I'm also looking at the Z1 catted downpipes as well. I'm not sure why Z1's variant is significantly cheaper.

Reactions: EngineeredQ50

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
847 Posts
Kenny and Alex were tuned by AMS while they were using the competition’s HPFP, right? Was it the FX-150 or FX-180?
Never mind, they were on 150s.. let see how this 180 boogies!

·
Registered
219 Posts
2 of my friends here had to ditch the FX180 and get the AMS big bore. Both on full e85, both maxed the pump at the drag strip. One went 11.05 in a RWD in the process... could have hit a 10 with the AMS big bore on
That's strange, who tuned their cars?
The FX150 is rated at 50% more flow over stock so should be exact same as AMS RA405.
What injectors?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I ordered the Resonated version of the FDPs.

Oops. I provided a link to the FDPs with HFCs above. Thanks for catching that.

Product Link to AAM 3” Resonated FDPs:
This is the same exact FDP I want, but I am dreading the install.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
This is the same exact FDP I want, but I am dreading the install.
Because the front half-shafts get in the way, FI spec's another 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to install their Catted DPs on AWD Q50s/Q60s vs RWD.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Because the front half-shafts get in the way, FI spec's another 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to install their Catted DPs on AWD Q50s/Q60s vs RWD.
Yeah... Sounds fun. I may settle for HKS LDP, or break my rule and pay someone to install it. Or just man up and do it. well see. got about 2 months before my FI CBE comes to decide.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,795 Posts
Took me 6 hours on a lift to do full catless downpipes with 2 people and I'm RWD.
I only had LDPs to install but it took me 5 minutes to drop the car off at a shop and 5 minutes to go pick it up when they finished. LOL!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Took me 6 hours on a lift to do full catless downpipes with 2 people and I'm RWD.
So maybe 8hours for AWD then multiply that by 2 because I’m retarded. So 16hours. Not bad. But i also do it on jack stands so call it an even 20.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I only had LDPs to install but it took me 5 minutes to drop the car off at a shop and 5 minutes to go pick it up when they finished. LOL!
LAZY!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
So maybe 8hours for AWD then multiply that by 2 because I’m retarded. So 16hours. Not bad. But i also do it on jack stands so call it an even 20.
I will say that being taller with long arms was a blessing to be able to reach up and get access to the heat shield bolts. Those were the worst. Getting to the vband wasn't bad after that. But you have to get the heat shields off to get access. Best option for the bottom cat bolts is to have someone up above with a long extension and someone down below to guide and help.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,795 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Naw...just smart.
I wouldn't go that far. But I do believe at a certain age if you've got the $ and can save your back then by all means pay someone to do the work. I just enjoy tinkering too much still and am too stubborn :D

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,795 Posts
I wouldn't go that far. But I do believe at a certain age if you've got the $ and can save your back then by all means pay someone to do the work. I just enjoy tinkering too much still and am too stubborn :D
I have no lift or garage to do that kind of work or anyone to help (the wife refuses to get involved) and I've got the money. I like to tinker also but as Clint Eastwood said in Magnum Force, "A man's got to know his limitations." I know enough to know when I'm better off to have a shop with all the right tools and equipment do the job.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I have no lift or garage to do that kind of work or anyone to help (the wife refuses to get involved) and I've got the money. I like to tinker also but as Clint Eastwood said in Magnum Force, "A man's got to know his limitations." I know enough to know when I'm better off to have a shop with all the right tools and equipment do the job.
Completely agree with that. There are certain things, like rebuilding a transmission where I'm like "nope, I'm not doing it" lol.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,350 Posts
You guys cracked me up! Yeah, to this day, I still feel a little emasculated that I didn't do my own lightened CP and HE. I don't fret too much over the UNAVi, because, with the purchase price, came free install. Everything else, I have installed myself. Well, ok, except for the painting/body work and tire on rim mounting.

53, get a garage, my friend!

Reactions: socalsupra

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,795 Posts
You guys cracked me up! Yeah, to this day, I still feel a little emasculated that I didn't do my own lightened CP and HE. I don't fret too much over the UNAVi, because, with the purchase price, came free install. Everything else, I have installed myself. Well, ok, except for the painting/body work and tire on rim mounting.

53, get a garage, my friend!
While your JB4 still sits unused.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,350 Posts
While your JB4 still sits unused.
Yeah, haven't driven (even started) the car since I hooked up the JB4, the FW add-on, and the EWG add-on 2 weeks ago. Maybe this weekend. ;)

Regardless, get a garage man! At least 3-car, if not 4. :)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Whatcha waiting for Tater? Lol it's fun to mod!

Reactions: [email protected]
561 - 580 of 603 Posts