Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Signature Edition
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my bluetooth audio and aux stopped working whilst i can still receive and answer phone calls perfectly.My radio also works but when Im on Bluetooth audio, the song shows that it's playing but I can't listen to it. Any suggestions to what may be wrong? Ive already tried multiple phones and its all the same issue so Im not sure if that has anything to do with my telematics module

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Try hitting the volume up button on your phone. Maybe it was turned down low by accident.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's definitely not that,both volume on my phone and in the car are set high enough to be audible

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I think the easiest thing to try is to delete the phone from the car and re-pair it with the car. It only takes about 3-5mins to do that.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
459 Posts
...and don't forget to enable A2DP during re-pairing!

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,416 Posts
Recently my bluetooth audio and aux stopped working whilst i can still receive and answer phone calls perfectly.My radio also works but when Im on Bluetooth audio, the song shows that it's playing but I can't listen to it. Any suggestions to what may be wrong? Ive already tried multiple phones and its all the same issue so Im not sure if that has anything to do with my telematics module
The Telematic Communications Unit (TCU) does not have anything to do with Bluetooth or the auxiliary inputs. The Bluetooth module is integrated in the Display Control Unit (DCU) and communicates with your smartphone. The BT sound signal is then sent to the AV Control Unit and from there to the amplifier.

The auxiliary inputs are located in the external data input box in the center console and are transmitted to the AV Control Unit. When you say your aux stopped working, do you actually mean the auxiliary input or the USB input that is located in the external data input box also? Can you play music from your phone via the USB connection? These are important questions in order to further diagnose your problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Telematic Communications Unit (TCU) does not have anything to do with Bluetooth or the auxiliary inputs. The Bluetooth module is integrated in the Display Control Unit (DCU) and communicates with your smartphone. The BT sound signal is then sent to the AV Control Unit and from there to the amplifier.

The auxiliary inputs are located in the external data input box in the center console and are transmitted to the AV Control Unit. When you say your aux stopped working, do you actually mean the auxiliary input or the USB input that is located in the external data input box also? Can you play music from your phone via the USB connection? These are important questions in order to further diagnose your problem.
I also cannot play music via the usb connection, the only function that works with volume is the FM/AM Radio

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the easiest thing to try is to delete the phone from the car and re-pair it with the car. It only takes about 3-5mins to do that.
Ive done all the troubleshooting options which includes that and I still have the same issue with my phone and 2 other phones that i tried it with also

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Android or Apple? Recent OS update on the phone? Between the car and my Bluetooth hearing aids, some feature usually doesn't work the same as it did before a phone update.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Android or Apple? Recent OS update on the phone? Between the car and my Bluetooth hearing aids, some feature usually doesn't work the same as it did before a phone update.
I updated my phone last Wednesday but the problem had been since last monday so 3 2 days prior to the update on a Iphone Xs max, other phones i tried was an Iphone 8 plus and a Iphone XR

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I also cannot play music via the usb connection, the only function that works with volume is the FM/AM Radio
Based on that info your issue had nothing to do with your phone.
You look to have a larger issue that the dealer will have to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Based on that info your issue had nothing to do with your phone.
You look to have a larger issue that the dealer will have to troubleshoot.
I have an appointment set with them already but i was hoping to find a solution without needing to go to them because im unsure how much they may charge me to diagnose the problem

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,416 Posts
I have an appointment set with them already but i was hoping to find a solution without needing to go to them because im unsure how much they may charge me to diagnose the problem
Is your warranty still valid?

Based on the information you've provided, I don't think there is an easy solution (eg. reset) to offer. I don't think it's the external data input box or the Display Control Unit. Unless it's a harness/wiring issue, which I doubt, the only thing common to the USB, Auxiliary and Bluetooth inputs not working is the AV Control Unit. I'm only spit-balling here without DTCs to help.

I think you need to have the service department go ahead and run diagnostics to narrow down the source of the problem. If the AV Control Unit needs to be replaced, the front console has to be removed to access it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Based on the information you've provided, I don't think there is an easy solution (eg. reset) to offer. I don't think it's the external data input box or the Display Control Unit. Unless it's a harness/wiring issue, which I doubt, the only thing common to the USB, Auxiliary and Bluetooth inputs not working is the AV Control Unit. I'm only spit-balling here without DTCs to help.

I think you need to have the service department go ahead and run diagnostics to narrow down the source of the problem. If the AV Control Unit needs to be replaced, the front console has to be removed to access it.
i bought my car off of someone else a year ago so i dont the warranty is valid considering it was also salvage title, i removed the whole stereo yesterday by removing the whole console and unplugging and plugging it back into to see if that would help but it didn’t. So my best option is really to just go down to the dealership and hope they dont charge me a whole lot to diagnose the problem?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Which of the 3 boxes behind to the lower screen Is the AV control unit?

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,416 Posts
Which of the 3 boxes behind to the lower screen Is the AV control unit?
Not the shaded module (Navi Control Unit) but the large module with the red arrow pointing at it is the AV Control Unit.

If you are considering replacing the AV Control Unit yourself, be advised that the Display Control Unit must be reconfigured with a CONSULT scan tool with the previously saved vehicle specifications when replacing the AV Control Unit.

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
In a salvage car it might be a wiring problem depending on what was taken apart during the repair process. Might be a pinched wire that finally rubbed through or an overstressed wire that pulled loose from a connector.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,416 Posts
In a salvage car it might be a wiring problem depending on what was taken apart during the repair process. Might be a pinched wire that finally rubbed through or an overstressed wire that pulled loose from a connector.
Possibly.

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Do all of the various electronic components that inhabit a modern automobile have a diagnostic function to them or set a fault code when they fail?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do all of the various electronic components that inhabit a modern automobile have a diagnostic function to them or set a fault code when they fail?
I definitely want to look into the wiring issue because the dealer wants to charge $157 to simply diagnose the problem.The bluetooth for calls still works good just not for the audio.If i still couldnt find a solution i think id just get a FM Bluetooth adapter as bad as it may sound.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts