Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'll have to listen for changes very carefully, i usually have music on and my intakes/downpipes/y pipe combo added just enough noise to possibly drown this out..

Anyone that has taken their car in for turbo noises, did you remove your aftermarket lower/full downpipes? I would not want to do that at all
Taking off your intakes will make the noise more audible. As soon I went from BMS intake to stock, I could automatically hear the whining noise upon acceleration.

I went in fully modified but I have a relationship with the dealer. That will vary from dealer to dealer.

Hey guys, what we should do is try to brake down, witch of the 3t are more prone to Turbo failure, what I'm seeing is that the RS is having them replaced more, and that the ones that are tuned not so much, the RS are supposed to have Turbo sensors to help out, let me know what you think, Dom.
It's an even mix of all 3.0T's. The older turbos are shared among all trims.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Taking off your intakes will make the noise more audible. As soon I went from BMS intake to stock, I could automatically hear the whining noise upon acceleration.

I went in fully modified but I have a relationship with the dealer. That will vary from dealer to dealer.

It's an even mix of all 3.0T's. The older turbos are shared among all trims.
So what I'm gathering is that Infiniti knew that the 16-17 models were going to have problems, and replaced them for the 18-19 models.

·
Registered
371 Posts
So what I'm gathering is that Infiniti knew that the 16-17 models were going to have problems, and replaced them for the 18-19 models.
No, because the failures have extended to the 18 models. I haven't heard of a 19' turbo failure but does not mean it's not out there. I don't know when the revised turbos made it into the production line.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
No, because the failures have extended to the 18 models. I haven't heard of a 19' turbo failure but does not mean it's not out there. I don't know when the revised turbos made it into the production line.
And one of the dealerships here said that none of the updated turbos would fix the oil leak issue i had. It might have fixed other turbo issues except leak.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
You shouldn't have to remove exhaust. They have no basis for voiding an engine/turbo warranty based on exhaust. An argument could be made that an exhaust HELPS turbo's and the engine live. Now an intake....I could make a technical argument why they could void the warranty.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Blow off valves should not contribute to turbo failure either! I'm at 27000 miles now. Tuned at around 15K. (Needs fact checking) so far so good.

I can't wait for AMS to release the new bigger turbos. No point "fixing" them with OEM ones if they fail.🤞

·
Registered
72 Posts
Gonna revive this thread. Pretty sure I have a blown passenger turbo. Is my assumption right that the powertrain warranty is up to 70k miles? My car had 57k on it. Also have the Megan racing LDP, should I put the original LDP back on, or they won't care?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Gonna revive this thread. Pretty sure I have a blown passenger turbo. Is my assumption right that the powertrain warranty is up to 70k miles? My car had 57k on it. Also have the Megan racing LDP, should I put the original LDP back on, or they won't care?
My turbos were replaced last month, I also have the LDP, it's an iffy setioation, some are ok with that, they are making some noise that aftermarket parts were done.

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
72 months/70,000 miles on the powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
My turbos were replaced last month, I also have the LDP, it's an iffy setioation, some are ok with that, they are making some noise that aftermarket parts were done.
Setioation? I'm assuming you mean situation? ;)

·
Registered
5,221 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
If I were you, I would spend the money and remove the LDP and go to a different dealership, unless they have registered your VIN in the system.
I still have the old LDP's with cats. Going to get them reinstalled and go to a different dealer. If it gets denied because I'm in the system, then the cars getting traded for a Camaro SS. No more turbo cars of any kind for me. First and last one, I'll stick to normally aspirated vehicles. Either way I'm done with Infiniti after this car. I've be a loyal customer for 30 years, and now I cant get a car to last longer than 57k miles, and then to be slapped in the face over bull ****.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I still have the old LDP's with cats. Going to get them reinstalled and go to a different dealer. If it gets denied because I'm in the system, then the cars getting traded for a Camaro SS. No more turbo cars of any kind for me. First and last one, I'll stick to normally aspirated vehicles. Either way I'm done with Infiniti after this car. I've be a loyal customer for 30 years, and now I cant get a car to last longer than 57k miles, and then to be slapped in the face over bull ****.
LoL - exactly what I told myself when I picked up the car after the turbo replacement. But I'm sticking with japanese brand. I might get a GS F before toyota sunsets their big NAs. It would be slower than the Q and would consume more gas per mile but I don't really care. My Q only saw the track twice for the past 3 years and my VK56VD consumes even more gas anyway.

41 - 60 of 101 Posts