Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a '15 non-Bose car - and was wondering if it is possible to replace at least the head unit with the factory Bose - what parts would be necessary? Is it even possible? I know that the speakers can be swapped, but not sure about the "brains"

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just go aftermarket… it will be better than the Bose.

meaning keep the head unit and go with amps, speaker upgrades… Subs if that’s you thing, etc. You will need to disconnect the fake engine sound and noise cancelling box in the trunk when you do this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just go aftermarket… it will be better than the Bose.

meaning keep the head unit and go with amps, speaker upgrades… Subs if that’s you thing, etc. You will need to disconnect the fake engine sound and noise cancelling box in the trunk when you do this.
Thank you for the info! If the car is non-bose from the beginning will all of the mounts for the (16) speakers be in there Including the sub -- or are there panels that would actually have to be changed to fit the additional speakers?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thank you for the info! If the car is non-bose from the beginning will all of the mounts for the (16) speakers be in there Including the sub -- or are there panels that would actually have to be changed to fit the additional speakers?
Trust me its a really hard prcoess to install the Bose system especially you getting the amplifier and then getting the bose audio firmware installed on the DCU unit so it all can work properly. Without the firmware it will not nor will it sound anything like a bose system.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
908 Posts
The Bose system is only mediocre. When I'm looking back I would have ordered mine without the Bose and then gone with an aftermarket solution...

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD
139 Posts
If I could go back in time, I’d rather get non bose and upgrade because I heard with Bose it’s harder to upgrade. Again, I do not know if Bose had to come with it since my car has tech package

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
If I could go back in time, I’d rather get non bose and upgrade because I heard with Bose it’s harder to upgrade. Again, I do not know if Bose had to come with it since my car has tech package
If I could go back in time, Wow, the things I would do.

Yes, the tech package would include the Bose system.

Reactions: DeeCee
1 - 7 of 7 Posts