Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rides a little unstable compared to my previous car (2014 IS350 F-sport, 2006 G35 Coupe 6mt) and feels less stable than any of the loaners I've driven. (G35 sedan, G37 sedan and Toyota Camry).

Anyone else notice this? I have the premium Q50 with 19's sports wheel.

Also, there is a lot of road noise. Pretty shocking when the fam and I took it on the hwy for a 40min drive to a relative for thanksgiving.

-------------
update: Excessive road noise could be due to the run flat tires.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm on the complete opposite of what you guys are experiencing. I went from a 2010 premium G37 to premium hybrid and its a whole another car. Handling, ride and quietness is a big improvement for me.

Maybe it's those 19s for you guys giving you the road noise and the tires need to warm up.

Reactions: Platinumv37

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
That's because all hybrid got the sport tune suspension and the 298lb heavier weight (better front/rear weight distribution) make the car more planted on the road.

I'm on the complete opposite of what you guys are experiencing. I went from a 2010 premium G37 to premium hybrid and its a whole another car. Handling, ride and quietness is a big improvement for me.

Maybe it's those 19s for you guys giving you the road noise and the tires need to warm up.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I don't know if this help. Have you check the tires pressure in the morning? Make sure it is 35psi (cold air). If tires is over inflated, it will felt somewhat floaty. If tires is under inflated, it will felt somewhat sluggish.

Rides a little unstable compared to my previous car (2014 IS350 F-sport, 2006 G35 Coupe 6mt) and feels less stable than any of the loaners I've driven. (G35 sedan, G37 sedan and Toyota Camry).

Also, there is a lot of road noise. Pretty shocking when the fam and I took it on the hwy for a 40min drive to a relative for thanksgiving.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Wow. I'm actually debating between the f sport and q50 right now and this doesn't sound good.

How are you liking it now compared to your f sport? I know you had some not normal issues with that car.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Wow. I'm actually debating between the f sport and q50 right now and this doesn't sound good.

How are you liking it now compared to your f sport? I know you had some not normal issues with that car.
Well, if you're going to compare an F-Sport to a Q50, make sure it's the Q50S.

People really underestimate the difference the sport suspension makes..

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well, if you're going to compare an F-Sport to a Q50, make sure it's the Q50S.

People really underestimate the difference the sport suspension makes..

Well I did compare it to a camry and non sport g35 sedan and g37 sedan. The q50 is the most rockey ride I have ever been in.

I wouldnt blame the 19s for the road noise. My stock g35 coupe with 19s didnt have as much road noise.

·
Registered
140 Posts

Stay away from the f sport. I owned a 2010 IS350 and that car was much better built, had a better interior design and better fit n finish. I've also had a 2009 G37S and a 2012 G37S and everytime I compare the Lexus to the Infiniti it just comes short on the driving experience. The IS I had was fully loaded and I can't believe how cheap this current gen IS feels! I recently helped my younger brother get a 2014 Mazda 3 GT S sedan and that car really impressed, now the 350 will smoke the Mazda but I would choose it over any 250 f sport regardless of price. The MMI system in the 3 puts the IS to shame! One of the best systems I've ever used. So if you want an overpriced budget car, go with the Lexus. If you want the true premium car, get the Q.

Reactions: SnowItch

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I prefer the q50 overall when compared to the fsport. Its more refined inside and out despite the road noise.

The motor is also quieter than the direct injected lexus motor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went from 2010 G37S to Q50S 3.7. I find the Q quieter (maybe the active noise reduction) and it feels faster. The tranny is better too. The steering takes getting used to (no road feel at all) but the car does what you ask. Premium Bose sound is awesome. My biggest beef is the boot time on the InTouch system when you start up.

Drove the IS 350 (non-F,) BMW 3 series, Taurus SHO and Mercedes CLA250 before getting another Infiniti. We have an Audi Q5 too, different animal but another fine auto.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went from 2010 G37S to Q50S 3.7. I find the Q quieter (maybe the active noise reduction) and it feels faster. The tranny is better too. The steering takes getting used to (no road feel at all) but the car does what you ask. Premium Bose sound is awesome. My biggest beef is the boot time on the InTouch system when you start up.

Drove the IS 350 (non-F,) BMW 3 series, Taurus SHO and Mercedes CLA250 before getting another Infiniti. We have an Audi Q5 too, different animal but another fine auto.

True, the Q50 tranny is much smoother than the G37. A lot less jerky.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
The q50 is the most rockey ride I have ever been in.

Three words: Run Flat Tires

Also the reason if there's more noise than you like. I don't know whether the Q50 RWD Premium rides like a boat, but my AWD Premium doesn't.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The q50 is the most rockey ride I have ever been in.

Three words: Run Flat Tires

Also the reason if there's more noise than you like. I don't know whether the Q50 RWD Premium rides like a boat, but my AWD Premium doesn't.

Interesting. Seems like the excessive road noise are due to the run flat tires. there's a few post about it on the bimmer forum.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.