Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I have been doing a lot of reading around the forum. I live in northern California near Sacramento and was wondering if anyone here has had a good experience at any of the dealers in this area? I am open to driving to a dealer in the San Francisco Bay Area if anyone has a sales person that they would like to recommend.

In addition I was wondering what others paid for a configuration below?

I was quoted close to $61,000 OTD for the following.

2014 Infiniti Q50S (Sport) Hybrid
Graphite Shadow
Graphite Leather Interior / Maple Wood
Navigation Package
Deluxe Technology Package
Interior Ambient Lighting (optional)
Stainless Steel Illuminated Kick Plates (Optional)
Infiniti Welcome Lighting (Optional)
All Weather Package
Midnight Black Grill

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I live in northern California near Sacramento and was wondering if anyone here has had a good experience at any of the dealers in this area?
I highly recommend Peninsula Infiniti in Redwood City. Top-notch dealership with an excellent GM, Mike. As far as salesmen, I'm working with Marvin but Randy is also good. In fact, I can't think of a single person there, including the service guys, I wouldn't refer a friend to. Here's a map on their website: Infiniti Dealers in California Directions | Redwood City Infiniti | Peninsula Infiniti. I suggest you come across the bay on the San Mateo bridge and head south for a few miles. Google maps will direct you across either the Bay Bridge or the Dunbarton but the Bay Bridge is still under construction and the Dunbarton drops you south of Redwood City so you have to back-track north. You're going to pay bridge tolls in any case. If you decide to go there, tell them Sue referred you. They know me well; I've leased 2 cars, the Q50 will be my third, and my husband bought a G37 coupe from them.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Hello everyone I have been doing a lot of reading around the forum. I live in northern California near Sacramento and was wondering if anyone here has had a good experience at any of the dealers in this area? I am open to driving to a dealer in the San Francisco Bay Area if anyone has a sales person that they would like to recommend.

In addition I was wondering what others paid for a configuration below?

I was quoted close to $61,000 OTD for the following.

2014 Infiniti Q50S (Sport) Hybrid
Graphite Shadow
Graphite Leather Interior / Maple Wood
Navigation Package
Deluxe Technology Package
Interior Ambient Lighting (optional)
Stainless Steel Illuminated Kick Plates (Optional)
Infiniti Welcome Lighting (Optional)
All Weather Package
Midnight Black Grill
I don't have the last three on your list, or the ambient lighting, but I do have splash guards and the cargo package. The other items are the same. I know I got a very good deal, but even so, that OTD price you quoted sounds like you're getting killed. My before taxes total was just a little more than $51,000, and with taxes, tag and mandatory "dealer prep," the OTD cost was a little more than $54,000 I know that California's taxes are higher, but they can't be THAT much higher. Look somewhere else.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I highly recommend Peninsula Infiniti in Redwood City. Top-notch dealership with an excellent GM, Mike. As far as salesmen, I'm working with Marvin but Randy is also good. In fact, I can't think of a single person there, including the service guys, I wouldn't refer a friend to. Here's a map on their website: Infiniti Dealers in California Directions | Redwood City Infiniti | Peninsula Infiniti. I suggest you come across the bay on the San Mateo bridge and head south for a few miles. Google maps will direct you across either the Bay Bridge or the Dunbarton but the Bay Bridge is still under construction and the Dunbarton drops you south of Redwood City so you have to back-track north. You're going to pay bridge tolls in any case. If you decide to go there, tell them Sue referred you. They know me well; I've leased 2 cars, the Q50 will be my third, and my husband bought a G37 coupe from them.
Thank you. I just passed that dealership over the weekend. My in-laws live in Redwood City. I will try and get in contact with one of the guys you mentioned above. I will also let them know that you referred me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have the last three on your list, or the ambient lighting, but I do have splash guards and the cargo package. The other items are the same. I know I got a very good deal, but even so, that OTD price you quoted sounds like you're getting killed. My before taxes total was just a little more than $51,000, and with taxes, tag and mandatory "dealer prep," the OTD cost was a little more than $54,000 I know that California's taxes are higher, but they can't be THAT much higher. Look somewhere else.
Thanks I had a feeling it was high. I just needed a reference to make sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
California tax title license is around 5k at around 55k vehicle price

·
Registered
36 Posts
I can vouch for Peninsula Infiniti also. Very accommodating. Worked with Mike the General Sales Manager and Sam who filled in for Kirk (on vacation) as Salesman.

I live 128 miles away in Sacramento area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can vouch for Peninsula Infiniti also. Very accommodating. Worked with Mike the General Sales Manager and Sam who filled in for Kirk (on vacation) as Salesman.

I live 128 miles away in Sacramento area.
Thanks. I am in contact with Randy. I live in Elk Grove and will travel there. Sounds like a great dealership to work with.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Thanks for the endorsement SHolloway. I'm not Marvin (so you can figure out my name from the above post).

I'd put any of the salespeople here up against the most knowledgeable salesperson at any other dealership in terms of product knowledge. We take a lot of pride in providing superb customer service and being able to show you how to use all the amazing technology in your new car. In a car like the Q50, this service and knowledge make a genuine difference in the value you get from the dealership you choose.

Please contact me if you would like to schedule a time to come in. We have more Q50's in stock (over 35 available at the moment) and sell more than any other NorCal dealership. If I don't have what you want in stock, I'll get it for you if it exists. If not, we'll be happy to order a car for you.

Nadir, I replied to your PM a few minutes ago.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Nadir made his way from San Jose up the Peninsula to visit me today. To his surprise, I had exactly the car he wanted - waiting for him in front of the showroom.

We were able to work out a great deal and he and his girlfriend Danielle just left on one of the best looking color combinations. This is one of two black/black sport hybrid deluxe tech cars on the whole west coast.

It's a pleasure to have customers who ask knowledgeable questions and who appreciate a salesperson who can help figure it all out. Thanks for your business Nadir. Enjoy your new car.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Nadir made his way from San Jose up the Peninsula to visit me today. To his surprise, I had exactly the car he wanted - waiting for him in front of the showroom.

We were able to work out a great deal and he and his girlfriend Danielle just left on one of the best looking color combinations. This is one of two black/black sport hybrid deluxe tech cars on the whole west coast.

It's a pleasure to have customers who ask knowledgeable questions and who appreciate a salesperson who can help figure it all out. Thanks for your business Nadir. Enjoy your new car.

View attachment 7233

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thank you, Randy. After speaking to other sales guys outside of Peninsula before, it was a bit frustrating getting shoddy info here and there ... you really knew your stuff about the Q and it was quite refreshing.

Like you said, I was really surprised to see that car in the lot as soon as I drove up ... exactly the color scheme and config I was looking for! I just need to get the welcome lighting and trunk lip to make it perfect :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.