Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Now Loading All Apps...

27K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  Wlaziu 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, just picked up my new to me 2014 Q50 about a week ago. Loving everything about it so far, except that now my InTouch constantly says "Now Loading All Apps". I know this seems to be a common problem for these cars, however mine is actually out of warranty now and so im wondering if i would need to pay for the software update, which i believe is all it needs to fix the issue?

I found a couple of service bulletins for the software updates, just not too sure if i would have to pay for this and how much. Im hoping it would be free as i just got the car less than a week ago.

Either way i will give them a call, just wanted to see if any members had their fixed after warranty period. Thanks

#3 ·
Happened to me few times; it always goes away after i shut the engine off.

But, I brought it to the dealer's attention which is currently trying to replace the DCU, one of Q50s computers, in hopes that it will resolve the issue. The issue was not resolved when they replaced the DCU the first time :-(

Good luck!!!

#8 ·
Yeah, this is supposed to be fixable with a software update. You might be able to sweet talk them into doing it as warranty anyways since it is something the car should have received.

#15 ·
You are lucky

I bought a new 2018 red sport on Dec 18th 2017. On the 19th I got the dreaded "Now Loading All Apps...." message. The car has been at the dealer since the 20th waiting for the DCU. Its on back order and they expect it Jan 18th. Hope thats true because Infiniti care has lied to me a few times now about the ETA on the DCU..... Not off to a good start with Infiniti at all. I truly hope this is the only issue I have with them

#17 ·

"Moody". Good description. Same here, I had no problems that wouldn't go away the next time I started the car. And even those were rare. Two or three a year.

#22 ·
Btw, there were TSBs for InTouch in 2014 – maybe one's for you!

14-004A – FEB 14 / Campaign P4205 - Infiniti InTouch(R) System Software Update
14-005A – FEB 14 / Campaign P4206 - Infiniti InTouch(R) System Software Update
14-017 – JAN 15 / Infotainment System - Infiniti InTouch (R) Configuration
14-017A – JAN 15 / Infotainment System - Infiniti InTouch (R) Configuration

#23 ·
Btw, there were TSBs for InTouch in 2014 – maybe one's for you!

14-004A – FEB 14 / Campaign P4205 - Infiniti InTouch(R) System Software Update
14-005A – FEB 14 / Campaign P4206 - Infiniti InTouch(R) System Software Update
14-017 – JAN 15 / Infotainment System - Infiniti InTouch (R) Configuration
14-017A – JAN 15 / Infotainment System - Infiniti InTouch (R) Configuration
Thank you, I will be visiting my local Infiniti dealership soon and i will provide an update.

#24 ·
Keep us posted, pl.

#26 ·
What do they say what's wrong?

#28 ·
Not funny at all! Would try to get a used one from Ebay or similar...

#31 · (Edited)
You could try to make full restart of the unit. To do so you have to enter the service menu (it's written somewhere on the forum how to enter it) then press back to exit it. Don't change anything inside it. Unit will make a full restart. It can take up to 2-3 minutes. I belive disconnecting the 12V battery for few minutes will have the same effect. If it stays on Infiniti logo noticeably longer than usual then you know it's full restart.
If it doesn't help then the second option is to do "reset user data". Sometimes they get corrupted. You will find it in the "reset settings" menu of the service menu.

---!VERY IMPORTANT!---
There are two reset options inside. CONFIG data and USER data.
Do NOT even think about touching "reset CONFIG data" or you will buy yourself a visit at the dealer to configure the unit (you need dealer scan-tool to do that).
I say again reset ONLY "user data".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.