Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
This very thing happened on another very popular forum I was part of. VerticalScope took it over, switched to this platform & the problems began.

From what I can tell, they have stretched the support staff way to thin and simply cannot balance the server load. Then add in they are a large conglomerate, which draws spammers & trolls by the droves and you have the situation we are currently experiencing, namely the 'improvements' being worked on & rolled out have more to do with increasing revenue than enhancing the user experience.

The interesting thing that happened is many of the members discovered an independant forum that had been previously overlooked by the community. The owner of that platform welcomed the new members with open arms and ppl left the old furum in droves once word spread. The old site is now a shell of what it used to be & the new one is thriving !

·
OP Member
9,430 Posts
Hello all,

Our team has a bit of a backlog so sorry for any delayed responses. Right now our main focus is the site speed issues and reviewing spam tools, once those are sorted out we will move back towards adding new features and bug fixes.

I can double back with our volunteers on the site to see if they need assistance with this too.

-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts
Hello all,

Our team has a bit of a backlog so sorry for any delayed responses. Right now our main focus is the site speed issues and reviewing spam tools, once those are sorted out we will move back towards adding new features and bug fixes.

I can double back with our volunteers on the site to see if they need assistance with this too.

-Gerrit
So how about a few more volunteer moderators to supplement the few you have that we don't see here often enough?

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
This is getting ridiculous...gonna start driving us away!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I can't understand how this site doesn't have simple spam prevention filters. Are they using captcha for creating profiles? Are they preventing posting multiple threads in a given timeframe? What about the use of foreign characters in the post?

Past forums I've been on have had these simple controls and spam was a non-issue.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
74 Posts
I just went through the registration process as a test and there is a captcha and email verification.

This leads me to believe that there's a vulnerability that's being exploited.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
74 Posts
From the latest release notes, let's hope it helps.
Code:
Spam Prevention
We’ve made some updates to our reCAPTCHA services during sign-up to make it tougher on bots. This service helps protect the platform from spam and abuse, while letting valid users pass through with ease.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts
We'll see.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yes. Holding my breath. 😐

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Good tonight, 2am PT. (y)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Still good @ 3:20am. :) Night all..... Work 2morrow........

·
Registered
406 Posts
Seems okay up to now...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
1am PT. I haven't seen the Asian deluge of university posts in a while but single ones like this still get through now and then.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Same old thing. Deluge of spam this morning.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I think one way to fix this issue is a "holding period" for new "members"/spammers to post from the time they register.

Maybe 3-5 days from signing up? Spammers likely don't have the attention span...

Like this numb-nutz from today... 15 posts????

Wow, surprised he had enough intelligence for stringing together an English name...

21 - 40 of 56 Posts