Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

For those of you who pre-ordered and have received your new Q Hybrid, what was the approximate mileage on the odometer when you first picked it up?

I'm interested in the mileage on the car (Hybrid), direct from the port, where there were no customer test drives at the dealer.

New Gasers sitting on the lot seem to have much lower odometer mileage than Hybrids. Could be customers are test driving Hybrid's more often (and there are typically fewer Hybrids on the lot), but also wondering if Infiniti Hybrid testing is much more rigorous than Gasers?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Maybe that's why my Q50S Hybrid + techs has been running flawless :D
Except when playing USB mp3 files at random :mad:

24 miles isn't too bad.
TBH I would be happy to have more miles on my car and knowing it runs flawless. At least someone deemed it perfect, i hope

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
TBH mine had 150 miles when I got it! At first I was envious of the guys getting lower miles but I guess that's the consequence of a dealer transfer! Right now, it actually feels ok since after owning the car for over a month now, I have only put 740 miles total and thats including the 150 already on the car when I got it! Getting past the break in mileage cant get there soon enough! Hahaha!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
24 miles isn't too bad.

TBH I would be happy to have more miles on my car and knowing it runs flawless. At least someone deemed it perfect, i hope
I agree. Constructive test drives by techs are definitely better than (potentially) destructive test drives by customers.

These numbers give me a good estimation of how much a car was used as a demo vehicle.

Tired of waiting for what I recently found out will be a 4 and half month wait for my pre-order. Starting to look at the lots.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Mine had 22 after my test drive, but when I went back to move plates to bring it home it had 30. Hope they had some fun. ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Cars arrive at our dealership with anywhere from six to maybe 40 miles on them. Of course, if we trade cars with another nearby dealership, they could have as many as 150 - we don't drive cars hard when doing dealer trades, believe me.

Any Q50 with DAS gets a longer tech test drive than other cars. I don't know the mileage, but I know they have to go on the freeway a fair distance to ensure steering is properly adjusted (or something like that). Since all hybrids have DAS, that means they're all getting the extended check out from the techs - this is a good thing.

I'd estimate that hybrids that haven't been driven to/from our storage lot a couple times (this happens a fair amount), would have mid-twenties to mid-30's miles on them. I can't speak to how it works at other dealerships, but even a new car with 3-digit miles on it hasn't had anything untoward done to it.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
My car had 5 miles on it; those were the miles driven at Tochigi for the required QC tests--matches the signed manufacturer tag in my car. So I am the only real driver of my car. :)

Btw, when my car was at the dealer, I set up a 1mi. geofence thru Infiniti Connection, valet alerts, and (25+ mph) speed alerts just to test them out. Got alerts for each of them right before my service tech called to tell me my car was ready. Nice to see all of those monitoring features work.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Mine had 25 miles on it, and that included the @12 miles that the car had added for the dealer prep and tinting(@6 miles away from the dealership). I know the car was not used for test drives.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Mine arrived at dealer from the port yesterday and I am picking it today so I'll see how many miles on it before I test drive, inspect. I have been told that I have the latest update of the software as of 9/26/13.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Had mine for 2 month, and about 2000 miles.
So far all the techs and navigation work flawlessly.
I be lying if I say I don't have any freezes :eek:
As for the Intouch, I think I had a total of 3 freezes. They all probably cause by playing USB mp3 files at random or some culprit MP3 files which I deleted. Q50Aggie verified that they fixed it on the new software update. So I am looking forward to the new update.
Maybe I don't use Bluetooth or Ipod or any other cell phone connection (except USB thumb drive to playing MP3 files) which reduce my chance of getting freezes.
Also, I mostly wait for the Intouch software to completely load before I start touching it; and when the Intouch start to slow down when it try to access something, I'll wait to let it finish whatever it's doing before I touch the screen again. Or maybe I just got lucky so far.

haha maybe why
how many miles have you put on it so far?
have you looked into a solution for the random mp3 file issue?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.