Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50 RWD
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So not really sure where to put this thread, but I’m curious to know if there’s a market for OEM LDP’s? I upgraded to AMS LDP’s and was looking to sell mine. Anyone have a rough price for a pair? Or if there’s even buyers for them?

·
Super Moderator
2,866 Posts
Since my Q has full catted DPs, I sold all four cats for $800 + shipping to a forum member a couple of years ago.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,929 Posts
There are some on ebay now for $350 each (upper and lower, so $350 x 4). Seems high but it appears there is a market. Mine are in my attic. :)

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50 RWD
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since my Q has full catted DPs, I sold all four cats for $800 + shipping to a forum member a couple of years ago.
There are some on ebay now for $350 each (upper and lower, so $350 x 4). Seems high but it appears there is a market. Mine are in my attic. :)
Thanks to the both of you, put them up for sale, we’ll see how it goes!

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium
261 Posts
my lowers have been in my trunk. went to 2 recyclers here in connecticut and was told $85-$95 each, co'worker had 'someone' who would do $150 each (blowing smoke, never came). so idk what to do as well.

i haven't done the new ebay requirements for selling cause its ridiculous so i guess i'm at bay for right now

·
Registered
141 Posts
my lowers have been in my trunk. went to 2 recyclers here in connecticut and was told $85-$95 each, co'worker had 'someone' who would do $150 each (blowing smoke, never came). so idk what to do as well.

i haven't done the new ebay requirements for selling cause its ridiculous so i guess i'm at bay for right now
I see your in CT. Have you gone to emissions yet with the lowers? Any issues?

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium
261 Posts
I see your in CT. Have you gone to emissions yet with the lowers? Any issues?
not yet, got my emission test i believe late last year with all oem cats on.. if a problem, the good ol extra $20 bucks or so should do it.. 😁

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,234 Posts
Some places online will buy them for a pretty penny. Was another thread on it. If you can pull the ID off them they can give you a quote before shipping. but I believe it should be in the tune of about 200$ each ldp / $400 pair. Not sure there is much of a used market people looking to go back to oem but places want the cats.

·
Registered
201 Posts
there's between 3-7 grams of platinum in the typical converter. right now, platinum is currently $31.57 per gram

there's between 2-7 grams of palladium, current prices are $70.71 per gram

there's 1-2 grams of rhodium in a cat, prices are $483.87 per gram.

using the absolute minimum values, that would make a cat worth around $700. figure a 50% price drop because you still need to process the cat and do all the things to get the metals and you end up around $350 actual value. that price should fluctuate based on the size of the cat.

so no, dont sell your cats for $90 each.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Sport
175 Posts
A recycler in the know will only give you $100-$125 per lower downpipes. The money maker are the upper cats as there is more materials in those.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts