Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
84 Posts
Got an used OEM radiant grille emblem. Can’t wait to take it out at night to see it lit up better. Poor picture of it after installed. View attachment 102738
Nice, I really want this, how much did it cost you and was it hard to install?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, I really want this, how much did it cost you and was it hard to install?
I got it used from a guy in a Facebook group I’m a part of. Since mine is an 2018 and this was an OEM emblem, install was simple. Just take the shroud off under the hood where the hood latch is, take the two screws out of the emblem on the car and pop the two clips and the old emblem was out. Drill a hole for the plug of the new emblem, find the plug it plugs into that is tucked up under the core support between the passenger headlight and horn area, and pop it into place and put the two screws back in and put the shroud back on.

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
84 Posts
Thanks, I will see if I can get a good deal on one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Toughest part of the whole thing was getting my arm to fit in the opening to get the screws, pop the clips and plug in the emblem.

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
84 Posts
Toughest part of the whole thing was getting my arm to fit in the opening to get the screws, pop the clips and plug in the emblem.
The worst part for me is that I have a MY 16' so it isn't as plug and play as 18'+ since I don't have the cable pre-installed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The worst part for me is that I have a MY 16' so it isn't as plug and play as 18'+ since I don't have the cable pre-installed.
That does make it a little more difficult.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,166 Posts
Be forewarned that the grille is a different contour than '18+ and the OEM emblem does not fit properly (if at all). Infiniti does not offer an illuminated emblem for MY '17 and older. I believe there are aftermarket products designed to fit the older grille, but they have an issue with light bleeding out around the edges and most people don't like that effect. There have been other threads and posts regarding this.

Reactions: Nukespeq50

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,929 Posts
Good to know this can be installed without removing the front bumper cover.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Be forewarned that the grille is a different contour than '18+ and the OEM emblem does not fit properly (if at all). Infiniti does not offer an illuminated emblem for MY '17 and older. I believe there are aftermarket products designed to fit the older grille, but they have an issue with light bleeding out around the edges and most people don't like that effect. There have been other threads and posts regarding this.
There are several available options that are non-bleed

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
84 Posts
There are several available options that are non-bleed
Can you point me in a certain direction or at least what exactly to look for, to see if I'm getting the better ones?

Reactions: Pillboy

·
Registered
98 Posts
Can you point me in a certain direction or at least what exactly to look for, to see if I'm getting the better ones?
I have some available if you need. For some reason I'm not able to post pics on here. However they do not bleed light and are available in chrome and black color.

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
84 Posts
I have some available if you need. For some reason I'm not able to post pics on here. However they do not bleed light and are available in chrome and black color.
Price?

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,929 Posts
Hmmm, I haven't typically been overly interested in this mod. But when you said Black, one eyebrow did raise a little.

To be clear, you have a 2017 version?

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
84 Posts
But when you said Black, one eyebrow did raise a little.
Thats what she said. Lol my bad, it's late and caffeine is running hard.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,929 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts