Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience adding the aluminum look speaker grill and the (presumably) upgraded speaker that it encloses to a Q50 Premium? Would it be plug and play? I'd like to upgrade my sound but keep the OEM look and hardware.

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thank for starting this thread. I was looking to ask if there was a retrofit, say you could buy the parts from a junk yard Q, and retro the BOSE system?

Chime in guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
584 Posts
Thank for starting this thread. I was looking to ask if there was a retrofit, say you could buy the parts from a junk yard Q, and retro the BOSE system?

Chime in guys

I agree. Great question.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not sure why you would want to do that. There are much better speaker options than anything Infiniti puts in these cars. Bose is crap.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Sound quality is very subjective. I am hard of hearing, but the sound signature of Bose products appeals to me whether it is my QuietComfort 25 headphones, SoundSport ear buds, SoundLink Bluetooth speaker, or the Q's audio system. If someone has auditioned the system and knows what they are buying, that's up to them. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Not sure why you would want to do that. There are much better speaker options than anything Infiniti puts in these cars. Bose is crap.

I understand, just looking for OEM and least effort, vs splicing and makeshift custom.

This is of course depending on the difficulty of a stock system retro. If the reward outweighs the effort, then by all means. Also, I can pick up a stock Bose AMP and speakers from a wreck yard for a third of what a custom 14+ speaker system would cost, IMO

·
Registered
55 Posts
I to am very unhappy with the high dollar BOSE Performance 16-Speakers w/Centerpoint system in my 2018 Q50S. All the Infiniti's I have ever had, were Bose equipped. And they all are horrible. Put the windows down and it just gets worse. The Harmon Kardon in the BMW is the best I have ever heard from the factory. 1 small sub under each front seat , the smooth brilliant crisp highs and warm mids. No matter what u listen to it just was just phenomenal. Is there a guide to setting up the BOSE Performance 16-Speakers w/Centerpoint system ? Mabye I'm missing something ? I transferred all the music off the hard drive from the BMW to a thumb drive and am unable to get it to play in the Q.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I to am very unhappy with the high dollar BOSE Performance 16-Speakers w/Centerpoint system in my 2018 Q50S. All the Infiniti's I have ever had, were Bose equipped. And they all are horrible.
Sooooo...you expected something different from your 2018? The definition of insanity is...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've always been pretty happy with all of my Infiniti Bose systems. Much better than anything out of my LS430/460 (Mark Levinson).

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
I to am very unhappy with the high dollar BOSE Performance 16-Speakers w/Centerpoint system in my 2018 Q50S. All the Infiniti's I have ever had, were Bose equipped. And they all are horrible. Put the windows down and it just gets worse. The Harmon Kardon in the BMW is the best I have ever heard from the factory. 1 small sub under each front seat , the smooth brilliant crisp highs and warm mids. No matter what u listen to it just was just phenomenal. Is there a guide to setting up the BOSE Performance 16-Speakers w/Centerpoint system ? Mabye I'm missing something ? I transferred all the music off the hard drive from the BMW to a thumb drive and am unable to get it to play in the Q.
What audio file format are you using for your music? What file system was your thumb drive formatted for?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, I was expecting better things from the BOSE system. I figured 8 years of improvement should have done something for the sound. Like I said mabye I have some of the adjustments. And I don't drive the Q very much...

I do like how the stations you store the the radio pre sets do regular, HD radio and Sirius all in the same spot and not having to change inputs. That is nice....

The format I will have to check. The BMW I drive put the info on the thumbdrive. I checked it with my computer and they are on the drive. My wife plugs her phone into one of the USB ports. Mabye the the BOSE system looked at that port and saw no music ?

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Your problem may be due to a formatting difference between your BMW's system and Infiniti's. Current formatting is done using NTFS and I suspect that is what BMW uses. You can read the thumb drive files on your computer because it also uses NTFS.

Infiniti's older system supports only the FAT32 file system and if I understand it correctly, NTFS drives have to be converted to FAT32 in order to read the audio files on the Infiniti system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts