Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I believe map 1 is +3. Also, your gains on map 6 would depend on what your 5000 rpm and up settings are as anything below that would only help on launch in 1st gear. You might consider looking into a pedal commander that gets more throttle into the car faster. Some have seen gains in the 60ft from that alone.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I believe map 1 is +3. Also, your gains on map 6 would depend on what your 5000 rpm and up settings are as anything below that would only help on launch in 1st gear. You might consider looking into a pedal commander that gets more throttle into the car faster. Some have seen gains in the 60ft from that alone.
Ive got the pre collision system so pedal commander wont work with me sadly

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Ive got the pre collision system so pedal commander wont work with me sadly
Actually it will. There is a company who makes 1 that supports it. @Avedis53 can share the model.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,149 Posts
Reactions: Darren Lewis

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Yeah that's about tapped out on regular pump unless you push it. I'd really consider the pedal commander as it should help you cut down that 60ft which will help your ET for sure.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
471 Posts
Manually shifting can improve times which isn't the case for other cars I've had.

My car launches harder with the suspension in normal than in sport. I think the softer suspension allows the weight to transfer better.
Do most of you guys leave it in standard and D or put it into sport and manual shift?

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Manually shifting is super unreliable if you're trying to dial in other changes. If you've ever had real traction in 1st, it rev's so fast its tough to time the shift repeatedly right to be able to see the impact of other changes (boost, tire pressure, etc.).

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
471 Posts
It does take practice for sure but I know at least a few that do it pretty reliably with positive results. For me I just use the auto shift in the Syvecs AWD controller to shift for me
Manually shifting is super unreliable if you're trying to dial in other changes. If you've ever had real traction in 1st, it rev's so fast its tough to time the shift repeatedly right to be able to see the impact of other changes (boost, tire pressure, etc.).

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
It does take practice for sure but I know at least a few that do it pretty reliably with positive results. For me I just use the auto shift in the Syvecs AWD controller to shift for me
That's likely because they aren't TCU tuned. At a minimum, its going to take longer to physically shift manually as you have to move the shifter for each upshift and then the car makes the shift. If you have the TCU tuned and dialed in, its going to be faster if done right. Those of us who've been able to play with the TCU shifting have seen much quicker shifts by making adjustments.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
471 Posts
The people who have been able to play with TCU tune are a very select few, why compare to something that is largely vaporware to the public at this point. Of course a legit TCU tune will be better.

The people that do manually shift anticipate how long it takes to actually shift, it's not like they hit the shifter at 7k when they want to shift at 7k. Just like in the Syvecs you build shift time in, IE it sends a paddle signal at 6500 if it wants to shift at 7000. The assumed shift delay also varies by gear.

That's likely because they aren't TCU tuned. At a minimum, its going to take longer to physically shift manually as you have to move the shifter for each upshift and then the car makes the shift. If you have the TCU tuned and dialed in, its going to be faster if done right. Those of us who've been able to play with the TCU shifting have seen much quicker shifts by making adjustments.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
The people who have been able to play with TCU tune are a very select few, why compare to something that is largely vaporware to the public at this point. Of course a legit TCU tune will be better.

The people that do manually shift anticipate how long it takes to actually shift, it's not like they hit the shifter at 7k when they want to shift at 7k. Just like in the Syvecs you build shift time in, IE it sends a paddle signal at 6500 if it wants to shift at 7000. The assumed shift delay also varies by gear.
I think you're missing the point. The car will automatically shift at a given RPM and speed. That takes X time. In manual mode it takes the time to physically throw the shifter plus the time for the car to shift. It's literally impossible to manually shift FASTER than when in automatic mode. If you want to argue that in manual mode you can set the shift rpm to a higher value than in auto, sure, but again that will go away once people start tuning TCU's. And its not vaporware if I've already tuned my TCU.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
471 Posts
I think you missed the point or we are just having a miscommunication. I don't know who would bother manually shifting to hit the same RPMs as it the stock TCU shifts at. I never said manually shifting makes the shifts themselves faster, it makes the car faster by changing shift points. And yes that will be a moot point when HPtuners releases but there is also some speculation it will only be available to people who tune their ECU with HPtuners as well so that will limit its user base since many will be unwilling to spend the cash to retune as well as lose launch control.

It's vaporware to the general public if I can't go buy it right now, are you saying you have access to the TCU tune with no special access given by HP tuners? Can I go license my TCU right now and flash it? I know they made major strides on it but it sounds like there are higher priority projects they are focused on.

I think you're missing the point. The car will automatically shift at a given RPM and speed. That takes X time. In manual mode it takes the time to physically throw the shifter plus the time for the car to shift. It's literally impossible to manually shift FASTER than when in automatic mode. If you want to argue that in manual mode you can set the shift rpm to a higher value than in auto, sure, but again that will go away once people start tuning TCU's. And its not vaporware if I've already tuned my TCU.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
A TCU tune is completely separate from the ECU tune....meaning you can keep your Ecutek tune if desired and just do a TCU tune. I know many people have struggled getting the SYVEC's as they sold out right when it was announced so it could be considered vaporware as well. I guess people will just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
471 Posts
I understand they are separate, there was talk of them only allowing people to TCU tune if they are ECU tuned through HPtuners as well. I'm hoping that was just a rumor but time will tell. Hopefully there are some updates coming this spring
A TCU tune is completely separate from the ECU tune....meaning you can keep your Ecutek tune if desired and just do a TCU tune. I know many people have struggled getting the SYVEC's as they sold out right when it was announced so it could be considered vaporware as well. I guess people will just have to wait and see.

181 - 200 of 212 Posts