Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
what else is needed? RWD, 18 PSI believe and thats about it
"When submitting your results please post the actual time slip and or video for verification, engine type, list of any modifications used to achieve your results, fuel used, boost pressure if applicable, and any other relevant data that can be attributed to your results. "

·
Registered
12 Posts
AH ok i actually did summitt a timesheet on the first post, Don't have any video of it, but I think the slip is proof enough no? fuel was 93 and i believe my boost pressure was 18 PSI, Nitto NT555 tires RWD, 2017 Q50

Attachments

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
AH ok i actually did summitt a timesheet on the first post, Don't have any video of it, but I think the slip is proof enough no? fuel was 93 and i believe my boost pressure was 18 PSI, Nitto NT555 tires RWD, 2017 Q50
slip is fine I was just sharing from the 1st post what is expected. Nice time.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts
What was the car in the other lane?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I posted similar time sheet against a bike

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's a great question, honestly I wasn't really punching it off the starting line, because I didn't want to spin I was in automatic before this run, and it was **** slow maybe 13.3, so I switched it to manual also this was without my CBE and for some reason I can't run the 12.2 again,But this was back in April when we had a great boost weather since then, its been really hot and the DA is just crazy where do you think I should be shifting at I think i was at 6500 maybe?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also guys since I ran a 12.2 and finished at around 113 MPH How fast do you think I am? first tune I was at 418hp 430TQ from my first tune, since then i got retuned do you guys think I'm at least 440hp? haven't gotten back to a dyno yet because I refuse to pay 200 for 3 runs

·
Registered
548 Posts
I need info on shift point too, going to the track Friday. I planned to brake boost at launch in Auto, then once the car switched to 2nd I was going to change to manual and shift myself

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I need info on shift point too, going to the track Friday. I planned to brake boost at launch in Auto, then once the car switched to 2nd I was going to change to manual and shift myself
I've used some shift calculators online given a typical dyno graph and your best bet is to shift as close to redline as possible even with the drop in torque due to mechanical multiplication of the higher gear ratios.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
AHH ok got it so go to redline? i think I may hit the track this Friday to try it out, i tell you they sleep on our Q's you would think these loud ass mustangs and camaro's would do damage nope, I only got beat by a AMG GTR and that CTS-V the rest are all food lol but thats until the GTR's and the muscle cars show up later lol

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
AHH ok got it so go to redline? i think I may hit the track this Friday to try it out, i tell you they sleep on our Q's you would think these loud ass mustangs and camaro's would do damage nope, I only got beat by a AMG GTR and that CTS-V the rest are all food lol but thats until the GTR's and the muscle cars show up later lol

You running at baytown track?

Many folks do auto on launch then shift to manual from 2nd gear onwards.

In case you want to see a sample video, check out nostrum (sam barrios) video in YT. Search for “q50 demolishes ferrari”

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes sir Baytown i hate that it takes me a HR to get there lol I'm in sugarland TX I think I'll try that, but once you know when your racing you just go, and May lose that extra second going into manual lol and yes I checked out sam's videos before I even brought the 3.0 I had a 3.7 before that, A 2018 q 60 before i got the q50 3.0 because i couldnt get my son out the backseat lol, a 2008 G37 and a 2003 G35 I'm a lifer

·
Registered
17 Posts
Slowly creeping up even with this AZ weather. Boost season can't come fast enough ! 11.931

Attachments

61 - 80 of 106 Posts