Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

261 - 280 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
@Ddnspider I sent you my file for analysis, appreciate any input
Nice looking log. I haven't seen fuel trims exceed 100 before, but somehow the AFR is still looking good.

Timing looks good and increases towards the end of the pull. No knock is always a plus.

This boost curve is more like what I would expect to see peaking at ~19 psi. Curious that it drops down around 6k and then increases again around 6600. Might want to ask AMS about this because the timing does it too.

Overall looks good!

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
@Ddnspider I really appreciate you looking over the log and providing your input, I will definitely ask about the drop at 6k

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
My tune is coming along nicely. Latest iteration includes Launch Control. I have only tried it twice for logging purposes but when Brake boosting you can really hear the turbos spooling as they build boost. My fully applied brakes are having trouble holding the car. I’m a little concerned about breaking the stock drive shaft....
What RPM did AMS set the launch control at? I believe that the tuner has to set it, but was wondering if we can change the RPM it is set at??

·
Registered
263 Posts
My tune is coming along nicely. Latest iteration includes Launch Control. I have only tried it twice for logging purposes but when Brake boosting you can really hear the turbos spooling as they build boost. My fully applied brakes are having trouble holding the car. I’m a little concerned about breaking the stock drive shaft....
What RPM did AMS set the launch control at? I believe that the tuner has to set it, but was wondering if we can change the RPM it is set at??
Seb set mine at 2600rpm but I haven't tested it yet. He sent me the update and said he had made some good changes but 2600rpm seemed a little higher than what I expected but I'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Gad.. I thought 2350 was going a tad over.. at 2500 I'm getting a boot in the arse.
This is why I want to be able to set it. start at 2200 then work up 50 RPM ar a time. That way your getting the job done with the least strain needed.
Now MaxLegends would start at >3K!😂🤣

·
Registered
88 Posts
@QFittyRS I got my update from Seb, has it worked for you yet? I'm on the 3rd or 4th version and can't seem to get LC to engage.

·
Registered
108 Posts
John,

Mine is set at 2250. I can’t imagine any higher.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
John,

Mine is set at 2250. I can’t imagine any higher.
I wouldSSStart at 2200ish and work up if I could change the #. Seems foolish if we can't as the # set by the tuner could be to high or not enough depending on our particular car n mods.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Updated numbers before flex update and RT turbos. 23 PSI max on 93 pump.

444.78 AWHP
518.11 AWTQ

2017 Red Sport AWD
AMS Heat Exchanger
AMS Intakes
AMS Lower Downpipes
AMS Carbon Driveshaft
AMS Coolant Expansion and Auxiliary Tanks
AMS Ecutek Tune 23PSI max on 93
Z1 2-Piece Rotors

Attachments

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Updated numbers before flex update and RT turbos. 23 PSI max on 93 pump.

444.78 AWHP
518.11 AWTQ

2017 Red Sport AWD
AMS Heat Exchanger
AMS Intakes
AMS Lower Downpipes
AMS Carbon Driveshaft
AMS Coolant Expansion and Auxiliary Tanks
AMS Ecutek Tune 23PSI max on 93
Z1 2-Piece Rotors
Still insane to be running 23 PSI on 93 octane , that flex fuel can't come soon enough IMO. I'm sure you will see some strong gains though.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Still insane to be running 23 PSI on 93 octane , that flex fuel can't come soon enough IMO. I'm sure you will see some strong gains though.
23 PSI on the stock turbos puts you completely off the turbo efficiency curve at less than 5000 rpm. You're just generating a lot of heat with no additional power at that boost level.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
23 PSI on the stock turbos puts you completely off the turbo efficiency curve at less than 5000 rpm. You're just generating a lot of heat with no additional power at that boost level.
Yup, at 1.3 bar on 93 octane, my best dyno #'s were only -7 WHP and -15 WTQ from nr2134 #'s.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Yup, at 1.3 bar on 93 octane, my best dyno #'s were only -7 WHP and -15 WTQ from nr2134 #'s.
You're running 4 PSI less boost than nr2134 and have essentially the same power output. That demonstrates the extra boost isn't helping much and is mainly stressing the turbos and engine.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You're running 4 PSI less boost than nr2134 and have essentially the same power output. That demonstrates the extra boost isn't helping much and is mainly stressing the turbos and engine.
Unless both cars were tested on the same dyno, on the same day and in identical conditions, that is not a very good comparison at all. This is why I would take all dyno numbers with a grain of salt. One may, however, use dyno testing to see if modifications to a vehicle improved it's performance.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I've given up trying to convince people of that. I think tuners like AMS are doing a long-term disservice to their customers unless the customer specifically says "I'm fine if my turbo's blow up later."

·
Registered
2,595 Posts

Not sure if you did the math at Stillen's blog site but 23 PSI at under 5000 rpm (e.g. 4500) is still within the efficiency island - though it's close to the limit.

CAF = ~19 and PR = ~2.5

261 - 280 of 309 Posts