FI CBE
R/T Tuned on Ecutek
447hp 502ft/lbs [email protected]
Now this is a great tune. and AWD to boot. car is probably a rocket

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
336 Posts
Not sure if you did the math at Stillen's blog site but 23 PSI at under 5000 rpm (e.g. 4500) is still within the efficiency island - though it's close to the limit.

CAF = ~19 and PR = ~2.5

Bingo!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Unless both cars were tested on the same dyno, on the same day and in identical conditions, that is not a very good comparison at all. This is why I would take all dyno numbers with a grain of salt. One may, however, use dyno testing to see if modifications to a vehicle improved it's performance.
Yes, people never take that under consideration. It was over 90F and humid on the day of the tune.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've given up trying to convince people of that. I think tuners like AMS are doing a long-term disservice to their customers unless the customer specifically says "I'm fine if my turbo's blow up later."
Are you saying AMS goes around tuning cars irresponsibly? It doesn't take long to see that you are not a fan of AMS and that's OK. Like I previously stated, the car sees 23PSI where it's safe and where it made sense. Is it close to the limit? Absof*kinglutely! I also romp on my car every chance I get. No knock, low temps, and good AFR. Even in 100 degree heat the car just pulls. The only thing that im actually worried about is the tranny.

At the end of the day, AMS is one of the top tuners for a reason. They are good at what they do and don't take chances with customer's cars. I have worked with them on numerous projects since they opened doors in the back of a tool&die shop and never had a bad experience. This is why I keep going back. There is literally a min of 10-20 GTRs, couple Lambos, couple R8s, McLarens, Mercs, and various other cars being worked on daily. Even those silly kids at Infiniti USA picked AMS as a partner, but what do we know.

Speaking of, this was just posted. Pretty fitting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B24qz0rJe2y/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

·
Registered
336 Posts
Still insane to be running 23 PSI on 93 octane , that flex fuel can't come soon enough IMO. I'm sure you will see some strong gains though.
I just need to free up from work and wife to get my car in. Might do it next week so I can enjoy it before winter and to get the boost police off my back.

·
Registered
737 Posts
At least you have the AMS HX and coolant expansion for that setup. Almost as much cooling as possible with this platform. I feel like if you blow your turbos you'd get the upgraded turbos anyway so.... SEND IT. Lol

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Are you saying AMS goes around tuning cars irresponsibly? It doesn't take long to see that you are not a fan of AMS and that's OK. Like I previously stated, the car sees 23PSI where it's safe and where it made sense. Is it close to the limit? Absof*kinglutely! I also romp on my car every chance I get. No knock, low temps, and good AFR. Even in 100 degree heat the car just pulls. The only thing that im actually worried about is the tranny.

At the end of the day, AMS is one of the top tuners for a reason. They are good at what they do and don't take chances with customer's cars. I have worked with them on numerous projects since they opened doors in the back of a tool&die shop and never had a bad experience. This is why I keep going back. There is literally a min of 10-20 GTRs, couple Lambos, couple R8s, McLarens, Mercs, and various other cars being worked on daily. Even those silly kids at Infiniti USA picked AMS as a partner, but what do we know.
Let's just say your experience from this post does not match what I've seen from other logs. Your experience was great, congrats! But that doesn't mean that's gospel and the only experience out there. And before there any hint of saying I'm biased, A) I don't have/own/associate with a tuning shop/competitor B) I don't have an AMS tuned car that blew up. I've looked at quite a few logs from several vendors on this platform and share unbiased information about what I've seen in the logs. That's all. Just because there are GTR's, lambs, "insert whatever car you want here" doesn't mean the vendor is putting out safe tunes, especially on a relatively new platform.

·
Registered
336 Posts
At least you have the AMS HX and coolant expansion for that setup. Almost as much cooling as possible with this platform. I feel like if you blow your turbos you'd get the upgraded turbos anyway so.... SEND IT. Lol
I already picked up some RS turbos on Ebay. Just playing the waiting game ATM to see what AMS come up with turbo upgrades. Im just looking for mid 500 awhp. If I needed more, I would just get an E63.

·
Registered
3 Posts
413whp and 409wtq

2016 Q50 Premium 3.0t AWD

K&N panel filters
Megan racing Lower DP's
BMS Heat exchanger
JB4 w/fuel wires and blue tooth
On custom map 6 (17psi peak)
E20-25 fuel mix

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
2018 Q50 Silver - VR30DDTT - Nostrum High Performance - E80
AMS "Big Bore" HPFP
Nostrum LPFP kit
Nostrum M-KDI "Modular" injectors
AMS RA600 turbos
AMS HX
AMS installed electric exhaust dumps
ECUTEK Flex fuel tuned on E80

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
We're really happy with all the hard development work coming together!

Currently, haha. Although it's on its second stock trans... ?
Did the 1st one give up the smoke at this level or after a bunch of racing 1/2 mile stuff?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did the 1st one give up the smoke at this level or after a bunch of racing 1/2 mile stuff?
The spicy 500whp tune with the racing is what cooked the first trans. We've been a lot more careful about avoiding launches, etc. with this one. We're making 350lb-ft (wheels) at 2500rpm, so on something like a launch the trans has to do a LOT of work. Sticking to the high speed stuff is easier on the trans, and it really shows off the horsepower (our products). We'll have to see if a Level Ten trans is in the cards in the future.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What do you think to stock block can handle?

2018 Q50 Silver - VR30DDTT - Nostrum High Performance - E80
AMS "Big Bore" HPFP
Nostrum LPFP kit
Nostrum M-KDI "Modular" injectors
AMS RA600 turbos
AMS HX
AMS installed electric exhaust dumps
ECUTEK Flex fuel tuned on E80

View attachment 89622

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
The spicy 500whp tune with the racing is what cooked the first trans. We've been a lot more careful about avoiding launches, etc. with this one. We're making 350lb-ft (wheels) at 2500rpm, so on something like a launch the trans has to do a LOT of work. Sticking to the high speed stuff is easier on the trans, and it really shows off the horsepower (our products). We'll have to see if a Level Ten trans is in the cards in the future.
Makes sense. Are you able to log trans temp, do we need a better trans cooler?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Posting my Dyno sheet
2019 Lux
Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ on 93 19.76 PSI
Parts List
Red Alpha Intakes
F.I. Full Down Pipes with HFC
F.I Cat Back Exhaust
Red Alpha Heat Exchanger
Red Alpha Auxiliary Intercooler
Red Alpha Coolant Expansion
HKS Blow Off Valve Kit
Red Alpha Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
ECUTEK Tune

Green is Stock
Blue is all parts installed untuned
Red is Tuned

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
203 Posts
James Rico Rawlins's great 515.5WHP/511.7WTQ dyno posted on FB in the VR30 Tech Talk Group. Mods in original post.
These are impressive AMS Performance E85 and 93 numbers. Our cars are very similar in bolt-ons and I am working my way towards James' successes. I have seen a number of AMS tune dyno graphs that are higher in wtq than whp and this tune is precisely what I am shooting for - a nice balance of the tune (parity.) Do members have any regrets with your tuning processes and/or bolt-ons you would be willing to share? My AMS HPFP is the last install before I move into an EcuTek tune over my trusty JB4. Thoughts are to keep the JB4/WMI piggyback strictly as a logging / WMI controller.

281 - 300 of 401 Posts