Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

301 - 320 of 401 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Makes sense. Are you able to log trans temp, do we need a better trans cooler?
I know of someone that just fabbed a Q50 trans cooler. Going to his shop Sat for a BOV install if you're interested in pics and info

·
Registered
85 Posts
2017 Q50S. Fast Intentions CBE, AMS 3" LDP, BMS Heat Exchanger. Tuned by JMS Racing of San Antonio @ 19PSI on 93 octane.

Reactions: serstylz2

·
Registered
172 Posts
About the
2018 Q50 Silver - VR30DDTT - Nostrum High Performance - E80
AMS "Big Bore" HPFP
Nostrum LPFP kit
Nostrum M-KDI "Modular" injectors
AMS RA600 turbos
AMS HX
AMS installed electric exhaust dumps
ECUTEK Flex fuel tuned on E80

View attachment 89622
About those new injectors, would you mind share how are they different than stock? If pushed hard are they going to get stock open like the stock ones do on e85?
Great job advancing this platform btw!
thanks

·
Registered
2019 Q50S signature Edition
60 Posts
2019 Q50S Signature Edition, All with the stock exhaust on 93 octane pump gas. Also, the AMS Red Alpha CAI (got added day before tuning just on a whim/black friday special) and Burger Motorsports inexpensive $299 heat exchanger. Really no mods to create additional hp other than the Jotech tune. This tune jumps to a max 21 psi for a brief instant and falls to primarily 19-18 psi and tapers down slightly more.

434 whp and 513 wtq

·
Registered
737 Posts
Great numbers on stock exhaust. I'm tempted to have my tuner have the max peak hit later in the RPM band but I feel like these small turbos will not last.. peak boost hitting at 5200 RPM sounds like it will last longer

·
Registered
20 Posts
About the

About those new injectors, would you mind share how are they different than stock? If pushed hard are they going to get stock open like the stock ones do on e85?
Great job advancing this platform btw!
thanks
Per AMS the new injectors will solve the issue running E85

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
284 Posts
You heard from AMS directly?
AMS mentioned it (that the upcoming injectors are rated for E85), again, during their Instagram Live Q&A, and Nostrum Energy mentioned it during SEMA:

Reactions: jodedor

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
203 Posts
Impressive numbers - stock injector? How does it drive ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Q50 silver sport 2019
Ams big bore hpfp
Lpfp
Full downpipes 3 -3 inch fullexhaust
Bms intakes ,stock block stock motor
Upgrade pure turbos
Not the owner it’s my fellow q50 brother
@edwin_yong on ig tuned by Martin @rsenthalpy in south Florida weather and climate ?? broke world record for non shop built car.
49ADEE7F-E6B7-4D44-9FD7-6898EB3AA447.jpeg

·
Registered
737 Posts
E70 as well, very important detail lol

Reactions: JRQ50RS

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,589 Posts
No doubt a daily driver?

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
26 Posts
484.9whp/478.37wtq
RT Turbos
AMS Intakes
AMS Heat Exchanger
AMS Big Bore HPFP
AFE full down pipe
Stillen cat-back
BMS Inlets
AMS Intercooler/Coolant Tanks

19psi on 91 tuned by Specialty Z

Going to turn it up and really go for some big numbers once I retune on Q16

Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Registered
210 Posts
Anyone in the "know" on which Dyno runs more accurate numbers on WHP and WTQ, is it
Dynojet or Mustang Dyno...?

I'll eventually go to Visconti tuning to have my 2020 RS AWD Dyno'd once I get all my bolt
on mods done and possibly have them Install their HP Heat Exchanger if I can get done at
a reasonable price.

I'm not sure which Dyno Visconti uses, I will have to call them to find out which one they use.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Mustang dynos read lower as they are load bearing dynos while dynojets are inertia dynos and typically read higher. Both can be inflated or deflated based on settings. Track mph doesn't lie however.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mustang dynos read lower as they are load bearing dynos while dynojets are inertia dynos and typically read higher. Both can be inflated or deflated based on settings. Track mph doesn't like however.

Thank you for your quick response.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Anyone in the "know" on which Dyno runs more accurate numbers on WHP and WTQ, is it
Dynojet or Mustang Dyno...?

I'll eventually go to Visconti tuning to have my 2020 RS AWD Dyno'd once I get all my bolt
on mods done and possibly have them Install their HP Heat Exchanger if I can get done at
a reasonable price.

I'm not sure which Dyno Visconti uses, I will have to call them to find out which one they use.
Mustang dynos read lower as they are load bearing dynos while dynojets are inertia dynos and typically read higher. Both can be inflated or deflated based on settings. Track mph doesn't lie however.

The old saying that a dyno is just a tool is absolutely correct.

Doesn't matter what kind of dyno. The calibration means everything.

You can make a dyno read high or low. You can use customers' 1/4 mile runs to calibrate the dyno.

The best way to use a dyno is to get a baseline and then dyno your mod. That's it. A before and after to give you a decent idea of how much more power/torque you made.

If I got a baseline on a high reading dyno at 400whp/400wtq on a factory Q50 RS AWD, I'd know it's about 50 too high. Once I add an exhaust and measure 420whp/410wtq, for example, I'd know I made 20whp and 10wtq. On a dyno that has been calibrated a bit lower may give me the 350whp/350wtq I was expecting. Adding an exhaust on that dyno may yield 18whp and 9wtq. The difference is marginal.

The best way a dyno is used is for tuning.

Now, there is a heated argument between people who wish to road tune versus dyno tune, but I will just leave it here with the can of worms.

Reactions: JRQ50RS
301 - 320 of 401 Posts