·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,994 Posts
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
31 Posts

Second highest run of the day. 90-degrees out in the middle of the afternoon, going back in fall with actual E85. This was tuned on E61 which is best I could get from the pump. First time on a dyno.

Reactions: JRQ50RS

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
251 Posts
Second highest run of the day. 90-degrees out in the middle of the afternoon, going back in fall with actual E85. This was tuned on E61 which is best I could get from the pump. First time on a dyno.
Very nice results from what I assume are still stock turbos. Is your signature line up to date with all mods? Was your tune done with a fuel E estimate vs Flex Fuel Kit integration with the ECM?

·
Registered
802 Posts
View attachment 92666

I see Nik blessed you with the sauce. You here in the Carolinas? 420whp at 6500RPM is delicious

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
251 Posts
Latest Dyno - We still have some tweaking to do towards 450whp / 450wtq on stock turbos and injectors but we are making progress with these new numbers (439.6whp/440.8wtq).

Seb @ Speciality Z has the Flex Fuel Kit integration up and running with this map. The run was with an E17 fuel blend and logs show a peak boost @ 19.4 psi.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Latest Dyno - We still have some tweaking to do towards 450whp / 450wtq on stock turbos and injectors but we are making progress with these new numbers (439.6whp/440.8wtq).

Seb @ Speciality Z has the Flex Fuel Kit integration up and running with this map. The run was with an E17 fuel blend and logs show a peak boost @ 19.4 psi.

View attachment 92707
Is this a JB4 dyno? Tq is pretty low for an Ecutek tune at 19.4 psi.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very nice results from what I assume are still stock turbos. Is your signature line up to date with all mods? Was your tune done with a fuel E estimate vs Flex Fuel Kit integration with the ECM?
Yep, stock turbos, stock injectors, AMS fuel pumps low and high pressure, but not their new big bore one. I have the fuel-it sensor that came with the AMS low pressure pump kit, reads the ethanol level from pin-60.

I see Nik blessed you with the sauce. You here in the Carolinas? 420whp at 6500RPM is delicious
Yep, he did, good guy. I keep my cars registered in FL cause I hate NC automotive laws and taxes. But I'm around the Raleigh Area.

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
251 Posts
Is this a JB4 dyno? Tq is pretty low for an Ecutek tune at 19.4 psi.
JB4 as the WMI controller with Seb @ Speciality Z's EcuTek tune. My RWD car does not have an LSD where a higher wtq tune might make more sense - I like my DWS06 tires. ;) We are looking to dial in a 450/450 balanced tune. That was my goal years ago when I started down this path - make a Silver Sport faster than a more expensive Red Sport and we are nearly there.

·
Registered
334 Posts
That was my goal years ago when I started down this path - make a Silver Sport faster than a more expensive Red Sport and we are nearly there.
Well, you have achieved that goal.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
251 Posts
Yep, stock turbos, stock injectors, AMS fuel pumps low and high pressure, but not their new big bore one. I have the fuel-it sensor that came with the AMS low-pressure pump kit, reads the ethanol level from pin-60.
It looks like our setups are very similar - your results do show these engines (not the stock fuel system) do like higher E content. When AMS / Nostrum get their supply chain back up and running, the next logical step is to swap out the last weak link - stock injectors. Then running with a higher E content (still occasionally) seems like a possible future...

·
Registered
31 Posts
It looks like our setups are very similar - your results do show these engines (not the stock fuel system) do like higher E content. When AMS / Nostrum get their supply chain back up and running, the next logical step is to swap out the last weak link - stock injectors. Then running with a higher E content (still occasionally) seems like a possible future...
Exactly, but heard recently (on this forum) that the pandemic has pushed the release of the injectors back. I think at this point since they have been teasing these injectors for 3+ years(?), we can call them vaporware by now. Playful ribbing until they do come out, and I am sure they will. I emailed AMS and tried to get on the waitlist for the injectors. I hope with the Z platform emerging, more players will jump in to aftermarket space for this motor. But I spoke to an acquaintance at the local Infiniti dealer and it sounds like the Q platform might get replaced by the Nissan Z platform given recent news. Who knows. :) But I enjoy tinkering with this motor.

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
251 Posts
100% agree - the VR30 is impressive when goosed. When I started, my car was 297/290 and with some tinkering and a few $'s (grin) we have gains of +142/+150 - Not a bad jump on a stock engine, turbos, and injectors IMHO.:cool:

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,142 Posts
I'm looking forward to posting my results after my big updates. Hopefully my parts will all be ordered this week.

Instead of eating the $ I've put into my Q50 and getting a new car I'm building my Q with a full refresh.

It should be a totally different car when it's done. I'm just hoping nothing big goes wrong with it after it's put back together.

I saw more GR-R's than I've seen all my life Friday 50% had parachutes on the back.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
51 Posts
I just had to LOL with "I see Nik blessed you with the sauce." He is one of the best tuners out there for sure. I don't understand why there is not that many people getting e-tuned by him. SOHO Motorsports has one of the best customer service ever!

·
Registered
51 Posts
17' Q60 RS RWD Tuned by Nick at SOHO Motorsports on QT 93

AMS intakes, PLM HX, Megan LDP, REV9 y-pipe/mid-pipe, stock axle back

Nick highly recommended a LPFP upgrade (tells this to all his customers). Told me that there may be fuel pressure drops at higher RPM's. Wish they told me sooner, but fuel pump is going in this weekend.

This was on a humid rainy day. Baseline, car made 369 whp and 399 wtq.

Next upgrade is bigger turbos from Pureturbos with full 3" downpipe and exhaust. These turbos are too small from factory and restricting us from making big power up the higher RPM's.

Reactions: JRQ50RS

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I hope with the Z platform emerging, more players will jump in to aftermarket space for this motor. But I spoke to an acquaintance at the local Infiniti dealer and it sounds like the Q platform might get replaced by the Nissan Z platform given recent news. Who knows. :) But I enjoy tinkering with this motor.
The Z is almost guaranteed to be underpinned by the same FM platform as the Q, there may be an update to the platform which then yes the Q50/60 would see updated as well as they are do for a heavy refresh/design.

That said I'm sure the arrival a bit more affordable Z and a better start point for performance would push the tuning
community to really get products to market.... Pretty exciting if I'm being honest.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Nick highly recommended a LPFP upgrade (tells this to all his customers). Told me that there may be fuel pressure drops at higher RPM's. Wish they told me sooner, but fuel pump is going in this weekend.

Next upgrade is bigger turbos from Pureturbos with full 3" downpipe and exhaust. These turbos are too small from factory and restricting us from making big power up the higher RPM's.
Nice. Nik is a good guy, smart, and I can't say enough good things about the team there and their service. They stayed a little late to tune my car fully even though they were going to the track. I have their full stainless exhaust and love it, instead of normal exhaust clamps they used v-band clamps instead, which I thought was a nice touch. The clamping style is actually the deciding factor why I dropped the $ on theirs instead of fast intentions or stillen or HKS. I didn't even know they were in my state until they charged me state sales tax. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts

View attachment 92750
Nice numbers! Any sound clips of your exhaust setup?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice. Nik is a good guy, smart, and I can't say enough good things about the team there and their service. They stayed a little late to tune my car fully even though they were going to the track. I have their full stainless exhaust and love it, instead of normal exhaust clamps they used v-band clamps instead, which I thought was a nice touch. The clamping style is actually the deciding factor why I dropped the $ on theirs instead of fast intentions or stillen or HKS. I didn't even know they were in my state until they charged me state sales tax. :)
Yes, they are top notch for sure. When I go flex fuel, I am going back to them for a retune. Sadly, they charged me tax cause I did a tune at the shop and paid there. Would've saved me $60. Next time, I know to order online or they send me a billing so no tax is charged ;)

Their exhaust definitely looks better than the others with the v-band connections.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice numbers! Any sound clips of your exhaust setup?
You can look up my bro's IG if you have it.

kouki_420

Other than that I can try to post it here if I can. It's like 25% louder than stock. Installing upper downpipes later after I get the car back from the dealer. I don't know but I suspect a dead injector. Didn't get to drive but about 150 miles total with the tune. Gonna have Nik look at a couple logs to make sure everything is OK.

341 - 360 of 415 Posts