Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

361 - 380 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
847 Posts
You can look up my bro's IG if you have it.

kouki_420

Other than that I can try to post it here if I can. It's like 25% louder than stock. Installing upper downpipes later after I get the car back from the dealer. I don't know but I suspect a dead injector. Didn't get to drive but about 150 miles total with the tune. Gonna have Nik look at a couple logs to make sure everything is OK.
Soho just tuned my friend's AWD and we were out Saturday and injector 6 failed. Had to follow him to Infiniti of Charlotte to drop the car off. Hoping the dealership takes care of it... he wasn't able to flash back to stock before dropping it off. These injectors suck so bad

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Soho just tuned my friend's AWD and we were out Saturday and injector 6 failed. Had to follow him to Infiniti of Charlotte to drop the car off. Hoping the dealership takes care of it... he wasn't able to flash back to stock before dropping it off. These injectors suck so bad
What kind of fuel was he running?

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
88 Posts
The dealership is repairing mine under warranty. The injectors do suck. I believe running the fuel system near max will expedite the injectors going bad. I don't think the dealer checked my ECU except for CEL's. I flashed to stock beforehand and the only questions the SA had were about the AMS intakes and what other mods I have done to the car. I left the aftermarket y-pipe/mid-pipe on. Forgot to mention I have the HX on too. What parts do your friend have installed? I am going to install a LPFP like Nik mentioned when I get the car back. If another injector fails, I am getting a HPFP. I believe it's the inconsistent fuel pressures that the stock fuel system can't provide when tuned that caused them to go bad more quick.

·
Registered
343 Posts
he wasn't able to flash back to stock before dropping it off.
Oh boy. I really, really wish him luck. Consult III is unable to read many parameters and sensors related to air and fuel while an EcuTek tune is installed. I am not a gambler, but I would bet a significant amount of my retirement savings that he is in for a difficult time.

Best case scenario, the dealership tells him they are experiencing issues reading the ECM, and that the ECM needs to be replaced; at this point, he comes clean about the car having an aftermarket calibration, and that he can flash the ECM back to stock for the service technician to continue. (I had this experience with my dealership when I ran into a massive fueling bug related to EcuTek and I was unable to flash back to stock. Thankfully, my local dealership was easy to work with and allowed me to go in and work directly with the service technician to resolve and test the vehicle.)

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
847 Posts
Does anyone else notice that multi quote does NOT work on this forum? Stinks to have to manually do it.
What kind of fuel was he running?
93 pump

The dealership is repairing mine under warranty. The injectors do suck. I believe running the fuel system near max will expedite the injectors going bad. I don't think the dealer checked my ECU except for CEL's. I flashed to stock beforehand and the only questions the SA had were about the AMS intakes and what other mods I have done to the car. I left the aftermarket y-pipe/mid-pipe on. Forgot to mention I have the HX on too. What parts do your friend have installed? I am going to install a LPFP like Nik mentioned when I get the car back. If another injector fails, I am getting a HPFP. I believe it's the inconsistent fuel pressures that the stock fuel system can't provide when tuned that caused them to go bad more quick.
He's not modded too heavily, intakes, Megan downpipes and Y pipe with a muffler delete, HX as well.

Oh boy. I really, really wish him luck. Consult III is unable to read many parameters and sensors related to air and fuel while an EcuTek tune is installed. I am not a gambler, but I would bet a significant amount of my retirement savings that he is in for a difficult time.

Best case scenario, the dealership tells him they are experiencing issues reading the ECM, and that the ECM needs to be replaced; at this point, he comes clean about the car having an aftermarket calibration, and that he can flash the ECM back to stock for the service technician to continue. (I had this experience with my dealership when I ran into a massive fueling bug related to EcuTek and I was unable to flash back to stock. Thankfully, my local dealership was easy to work with and allowed me to go in and work directly with the service technician to resolve and test the vehicle.)
Well, we have a cool SA here and he told him from the get-go that he was tuned. The SA put in the request to Infiniti for warranty repair, he is just waiting to hear back

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Does anyone else notice that multi quote does NOT work on this forum? Stinks to have to manually do it.

93 pump

He's not modded too heavily, intakes, Megan downpipes and Y pipe with a muffler delete, HX as well.

Well, we have a cool SA here and he told him from the get-go that he was tuned. The SA put in the request to Infiniti for warranty repair, he is just waiting to hear back
Oh its pretty rare to see injectors fail with just pump-gas, usually it's Eth blends and additives that kill them.
Still good to hear you're SA was good about it and put in a warranty request.

Hope they take care of it for him.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
847 Posts
Oh its pretty rare to see injectors fail with just pump-gas, usually it's Eth blends and additives that kill them.
Still good to hear you're SA was good about it and put in a warranty request.

Hope they take care of it for him.
Same thing I thought. Another local guy was tuned locally by Soho, as soon as he switched his tune to AMS he threw an injector on 93 as well. The same SA that took care of him has the current car so I am hopeful there will be another success story... especially as I move towards getting tuned myself

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
315 Posts
FYI - I lost my injectors (2 fully open - 4 leaking) with just my JB4/WMI setup. After the injectors were replaced & the two turbos (leaking seals) I got my EcuTek tune...

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
847 Posts
I wonder if anyone WITHOUT a tune has toasted an injector. It seems odd that it always seems tune related.
Funny you ask. The SA did state that he has had to replace injectors on 100% stock vehicles as well.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts

93 pump

It is hard to see, but after you click all the multi quotes you want, go directly to the reply box. You will get a prompt for using the multi quotes.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Patiently waiting for AMS/Nostrum to release their injectors :cautious: ...

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
🧟‍♂️

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
FYI - I lost my injectors (2 fully open - 4 leaking) with just my JB4/WMI setup. After the injectors were replaced & the two turbos (leaking seals) I got my EcuTek tune...
Have you run more than 15% E at any point before failure?

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
315 Posts
These injectors have proven to not be E friendly and while we couldn’t show a direct connection with running higher E content fuel, it is strongly advised to not do so.

Reactions: Jack Vasavong

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,790 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Someone on Facebook mentioned I should post some here... Can I submit multiple entries at once?

George Brummell Q60 Luxe
Stock turbos, EcuTek Tune @ 19psi by Racebox, E70, AMS RA338 HPFP, Walbro LPFP, AAM 3" FDP, FI Catback,K&N Drop-ins with Burger Inlets, AMS HX

515 AWHP/567 AWTQ

George Brummell (again) Q60 Luxe
Pure Stage 2 turbos, EcuTek Tune @ 25psi by Racebox, E70, Spool FX-150 HPFP, Walbro LPFP, AAM 3" FDP, FI Catback,K&N Drop-ins with Burger Inlets, AMS HX

607AWHP / 582 AWTQ

Nate Pavon Q50 SS
R/T Turbos, EcuTek tune by Racebox @ 24psi, E70, AMS RA338 HPFP, Walbro LPFP, Z1 UDP/AMS LDP, MBRP Catback, AMS Intakes, FB Type 101

592 RWHP / 577 RWTQ

And for good measure...

Boxy (Hussain Boxwala) Q50 RS
Stock turbos, E85, EcuTek Tune by Racebox @ 19psi Spool FX-150 HPFP, Walbro LPFP, DIY Intakes, True 3" dual exhaust with 2.5" Megan LDP, FB Type 118

494 RWHP / 552 RWTQ

Attachments

361 - 380 of 419 Posts