Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

381 - 400 of 419 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
316 Posts
Those are some high E content (E70-85) fuel tunes on stock injectors. The AMS/Nostrum injectors can't be released soon enough!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Those are some high E content (E70-85) fuel tunes on stock injectors. The AMS/Nostrum injectors can't be released soon enough!
George's car never lost an injector on stock turbos. All 6 were replaced when he upgraded to Pure Turbos but he dailies on E70 @ 600WHP and has never had another failure. Something like 10k miles so far.

Nate's car lost injectors when he first installed the AMS pump (he was still on 93) but has not lost another since.

My own car I only lost them when I first installed the AMS pump (I was still on 93 as well) a year ago, but have had 20k miles no issues.

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
316 Posts
That is interesting to note: Timeline of injector loss does strangely mirror my experience. In less than a week after installing the AMS HPFP my injector saga started (2 stuck open / 4 leaking.):unsure:

·
Registered
688 Posts
That is interesting to note: Timeline of injector loss does strangely mirror my experience. In less than a week after installing the AMS HPFP my injector saga started (2 stuck open / 4 leaking.):unsure:
It has to do with stock injectors being used to a certain flow rate. When they experience a sudden shock, they go boom. lol Usually once you replace all 6 you're all set.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
George's car never lost an injector on stock turbos. All 6 were replaced when he upgraded to Pure Turbos but he dailies on E70 @ 600WHP and has never had another failure. Something like 10k miles so far.

Nate's car lost injectors when he first installed the AMS pump (he was still on 93) but has not lost another since.

My own car I only lost them when I first installed the AMS pump (I was still on 93 as well) a year ago, but have had 20k miles no issues.
I call BS on the last sentence lmao!

Did George get his car back yet? The power of his car dwarfs his measly brake system, def need an upgrade.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I call BS on the last sentence lmao!

Did George get his car back yet? The power of his car dwarfs his measly brake system, def need an upgrade.
Lol!!! you were there when the first ones popped, remember! that was right after my AMS pump was installed. On the way to C&C :(

But alas, this thread has jinxed me. I installed my big bore pump yesterday and boom another injector gone. Follows the trend though. Bigger pump on old (>2k miles) injectors = boom.

George got his car back in February bro, he's been dailying it since! No issues yet. He did upgrade the brakes haha

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,223 Posts
Lol!!! you were there when the first ones popped, remember! that was right after my AMS pump was installed. On the way to C&C :(

But alas, this thread has jinxed me. I installed my big bore pump yesterday and boom another injector gone. Follows the trend though. Bigger pump on old (>2k miles) injectors = boom.

George got his car back in February bro, he's been dailying it since! No issues yet. He did upgrade the brakes haha
Which HPFP? The 338? @Boxy

·
Registered
3,438 Posts

Lol - i meant the "I was still on 93 as well " part. I remember that day fairly well as that's also the day when we installed AMS HX on Hunter's car. Which reminds me, who has my air lift vacuum tool now? I don't need it yet but just wondering.

I thought you're turning your car in and looking at a different brand now?

George's car is almost a sleeper in my opinion, no one would think it can eat many V8s for breakfast. And I think you should register as a vendor here...to expand your clientele.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
847 Posts
Racebox :cool:

Reactions: Boxy

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I think you should register as a vendor here...to expand your clientele.
What does Boxy sell?

Btw who is Nate and George? Lol 😂

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
What does Boxy sell?

LOL

Boxy is on his way to becoming a well-renowned VR30 tuner in the great land of Texas. George (from an undisclosed state) trusts him so much that he had his Q60 shipped to Boxy to get it tuned. Nate is ummm...relations officer for Boxy (?) 😆

@Boxy - there goes my 40% discount on tune. TIA!

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
316 Posts
Geographically where might I ask in the Great Nation of Texas? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
LOL

Boxy is on his way to becoming a well-renowned VR30 tuner in the great land of Texas. George (from an undisclosed state) trusts him so much that he had his Q60 shipped to Boxy to get it tuned. Nate is ummm...relations officer for Boxy (?) 😆

@Boxy - there goes my 40% discount on tune. TIA!
Ok well that cleared everything up.. :LOL:

Reactions: q50adix

·
Registered
688 Posts
Geographically where might I ask in the Great Nation of Texas? :unsure:
Houston baby!

Which HPFP? The 338? @Boxy
Yes the RA338 at the time.

😎😎 We're just getting started

Lol - i meant the "I was still on 93 as well " part. I remember that day fairly well as that's also the day when we installed AMS HX on Hunter's car. Which reminds me, who has my air lift vacuum tool now? I don't need it yet but just wondering.

I thought you're turning your car in and looking at a different brand now?

George's car is almost a sleeper in my opinion, no one would think it can eat many V8s for breakfast. And I think you should register as a vendor here...to expand your clientele.
Haha I believe I was still on 93, I know I hadn't filled up a full tank of E yet anyhow. Maybe e30?

LOL your kit has helped many Qs in Texas bro. I think Taimoor has it.

What does Boxy sell?

I own Racebox, tuned some of the fastest cars (I like to think).
Nate is a customer out in SA and George is a customer from IL who was my first biggest supporter and a great dude overall. He shipped his car to me back in January when I had only been tuning for a couple months

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,223 Posts
@Boxy where are you located. I checked and it's not in your profile. Might be helpful to add it?

·
Registered
822 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
305 Posts
Stock 2019 3.0 Sport. Baseline numbers are strong.
DCF2F7C5-4133-44AA-BD10-343C6B86A330.jpeg

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Reactions: Ohthatguy

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
305 Posts
Reactions: u1arunit
381 - 400 of 419 Posts