Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
461 - 480 of 486 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Last I saw it was a 12.04. And a blown motor doesnt count unless youre class racing lol.
Maxlegends....but you don't want to do that.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts
And to follow up....supposedly the owner stated the DA on the pull was -2000ft. 😆🤦
Must have been during the winter...in Death Valley.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
And to follow up....supposedly the owner stated the DA on the pull was -2000ft. 😆🤦
I don’t doubt DA of -2000ft.
My best (So far) Dragy 0-60 was at -1617ft.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts

View attachment 100452
You also have a stage 3 AMS tune. His 0 to 60 was within a couple tenths of your time on stock wheels and tires. That doesn't seem odd?

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
You also have a stage 3 AMS tune. His 0 to 60 was within a couple tenths of your time on stock wheels and tires. That doesn't seem odd?
Yes it does. Especially since I used LC at about 9 psi.
the Facebook link doesn’t work for me, does it show his 0-30?

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Yes it does. Especially since I used LC at about 9 psi.
the Facebook link doesn’t work for me, does it show his 0-30?
1.51 😉.

·
Registered
215 Posts

View attachment 100452
3.5s 0-60 is awesome regardless of the DA! My best time in OH valley winter is a whole second slower. There aren’t many cars for the price point and looks (especially the Q60) that can achieve that.

Reactions: Q60NH

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
855 Posts
JB4 is your tune ?

edit - I see the EcuTek tag now - who is the tuner ?

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Before and After.

Car is a 2019 Q 50 Luxe
Only Modification is K&N Drop in filters
Stock 297whp // 272 wtq
Tuned 400whp // 382 wtq @17psi
It was an very hot day in south Florida.
93 octane with ECUTEK

Car is a blast to drive and I can't wait to start adding some more modifications.
Grats sir, some LDP and exhaust definitely help get that torque number up!

JB4 is your tune ?
He flagged it as ECUTEK.

·
Registered
2018 RedSport,Majestic white, AMS bolt ons
39 Posts
2018 Q50 RedSport RWD 445/511 @18psi
Tuned by Z1 Motors

AMS intakes
AMS race heat exchanger
AMS expansion tank
AMS 1.5 gal intercooler tank
AMS lower catless downpipes
AFE Power full exhaust w/muffler delete
HKS blow off valves (black)
Mishimoto PCV catch can
Z1 aluminum lower engine tray
CZP 4” aluminum one piece driveshaft

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe 3.0t
25 Posts
2018 Q50 RedSport RWD 445/511 @18psi
Tuned by Z1 Motors

AMS intakes
AMS race heat exchanger
AMS expansion tank
AMS 1.5 gal intercooler tank
AMS lower catless downpipes
AFE Power full exhaust w/muffler delete
HKS blow off valves (black)
Mishimoto PCV catch can
Z1 aluminum lower engine tray
CZP 4” aluminum one piece driveshaft
Did you feel any performance out of the one piece driveshaft? Thinking of going that route but just want to know if it really helps other than just being able to handle more torque.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,673 Posts
Did you feel any performance out of the one piece driveshaft? Thinking of going that route but just want to know if it really helps other than just being able to handle more torque.
Short answer: just to handle torque.

Do you only care about “feel/butt dyno”? Or factual data and physics calculations?

Long answer:
Many people claim to “feel” a big difference (usually proportional to how much money spend, so they don’t “feel” like they’ve wasted money) the actual physics can and pretty much has been calculated. Rotational mass has been drastically over exaggerated and especially when it involves driveshafts. And whatever you do don’t increase the diameter of the driveshaft to lose weight (aluminum) as you’ll actually lose performance (although such a small insignificant amount it wouldn’t matter)

I had a CF DS cutting DS weight in half on my 17’ toyota 86, a much lighter and lower power “drivers car” that would benefit from weight reduction/rotation mass much more than this platform and it did almost nothing for “feel”. It essentially had the same “feel” difference as when I did trans mount and rear diff bushings. Nothing for acceleration though. And at the cost it is practically the absolute last mod to do unless you manage to break one.

Reactions: YourLocalLeaf

·
Registered
2018 RedSport,Majestic white, AMS bolt ons
39 Posts
I don’t know about feeling anything but I like knowing that I’ve eliminated a couple weak links between the trans and diff.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q50 RS400 AWD
254 Posts
My 2017 Q50 RS400 (mods in sig) made 351 whp and 384 wtq, as baseline. Then I made an impulsive move and had the car tuned on Ecutek. Makes 448/505 on 94 oct.

461 - 480 of 486 Posts