Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Love how people think I make this stuff up lol.. I should start fudging the numbers lol... aggie did 9 msd's (which I've also explained on here and told everyone is the way to go if you've got the cash to do it)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Love how people think I make this stuff up lol.. I should start fudging the numbers lol... aggie did 9 msd's (which I've also explained on here and told everyone is the way to go if you've got the cash to do it)
The money factor is def better with the MSD's but the residual, even with 10K miles is pretty low and that is a huge disappointment especially since it is a 2014 model introduced early. That translates into a much higher lease payment.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Are the MSDs beyond the first one, equal to the first one or random? In other words, if the original MSD were $2500, are each of the additional MSDs $2500?

When the lease period ends and the vehicle is returned, how are the MSDs refunded? How long does it take?

·
Registered
325 Posts
The money factor is def better with the MSD's but the residual, even with 10K miles is pretty low and that is a huge disappointment especially since it is a 2014 model introduced early. That translates into a much higher lease payment.
The residual's are pretty close to standard.. how many vehicles have you seen higher after 39 or even 36 months?

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Lower the buyout cost.

Really, what you're seeing is that Infiniti isn't subsidizing the residuals as much (except in the base cars maybe).

The residuals aren't terrible, just not what we're used to with the Infiniti Subsidizing Conditioning we've received over the years.

New model - less need to subsidize right now and I think that is the route the new President is trying to take things.

Over time, if their plan works as they hope, the residuals will be higher naturally (aka Lexus) and there will be less incentivizing on their part and better support from the free market. That's a win-win for everyone if it comes to pass . . . we'll see . . .

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
14 Posts
The residual's are pretty close to standard.. how many vehicles have you seen higher after 39 or even 36 months?
I've seen many vehicles with higher residuals for 36 and 39 months especially when introduced early....residuals go down as the model year goes on and they are highest at the beginning of the year (December/January). These residuals are not great....sorry...and i've leased many cars so just speaking from experience.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lower the buyout cost.

Really, what you're seeing is that Infiniti isn't subsidizing the residuals as much (except in the base cars maybe).

The residuals aren't terrible, just not what we're used to with the Infiniti Subsidizing Conditioning we've received over the years.

New model - less need to subsidize right now and I think that is the route the new President is trying to take things.

Over time, if their plan works as they hope, the residuals will be higher naturally (aka Lexus) and there will be less incentivizing on their part and better support from the free market. That's a win-win for everyone if it comes to pass . . . we'll see . . .
Yes, but not a win/win at the present time if you are in the market / lease is up..and Lexus does not incent their leases...

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've seen many vehicles with higher residuals for 36 and 39 months especially when introduced early....residuals go down as the model year goes on and they are highest at the beginning of the year (December/January). These residuals are not great....sorry...and i've leased many cars so just speaking from experience.
Okay.. name them lol.. depending on the trim the q50's residual goes into the low 60's.. sorry.. I've sold many cars and my experience says different lol :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just as a comparison, is350 fsport AWD has a residual of 65 percent at 36mos. 27 mos was 73 percent. 48mos was 55 percent. I don't know what the equivalent residual to the q50 that would be.

Only problem is I can't remember if this was for 10k or 12k as I had them quote both. ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just as a comparison, is350 fsport AWD has a residual of 65 percent at 36mos. 27 mos was 73 percent. 48mos was 55 percent. I don't know what the equivalent residual to the q50 that would be.

Only problem is I can't remember if this was for 10k or 12k as I had them quote both. ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
So if it is 10k it is almost identical to 36 months on q50 base awd lol (res. Is 1% better at 36 than 39)..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.