Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last month Motordyne USA released the full catback system for the Q50

Infiniti Q50 ShockWave))) Exhaust | Motordyne USA

I used to have the exhaust on my 370z and when i got the Q50 rather than selling the exhaust I ended up mocking it up but later sold it. Now that Motordyne release one specifically for the Q50 i had to get one.I will make a review of the exhaust compared to my others in a week or 2 after riding with it for a while.

Here's a small sound clip of the exhaust

Here's how the exhaust looks

motordyne by PUREQ50, on Flickr
motordyne1 by PUREQ50, on Flickr
motordyne2 by PUREQ50, on Flickr
motordyne4jpg by PUREQ50, on Flickr
motordyne.3jpg by PUREQ50, on Flickr
motordyne5 by PUREQ50, on Flickr

I forgot to take pictures of the box when I first received it because I was so excited but all I can say is WOW the box was very well pack with lots of foam so nothing would bang around or come loose. The exhaust itself was immaculate everything about it was well crafted compared to other exhausts I have had.
The next day after receiving I went to get it installed:

Before:

optimus1 by PUREQ50, on Flickr

After:

motordyne3 by PUREQ50, on Flickr

·
Registered
70 Posts
I love this.

When you had to mock up the 370Z exhaust to fit the Q50, what did you have to do? Specifically, anything to the Y-Pipe or Mid pipe? I'm wondering if some of the 370Z exhausts could work if they bolt a Q50 axle-back to them (or a G37 sedan exhaust). It would be interesting to see if that worked.

That said, I might just opt for a Motordyne with polished tips and rock out. LOVE those exhausts. Pumped to see them supporting the Q50 platform.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
nice.. would like to hear some "on the road" clips! :)

Reactions: Nemo7

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice.. would like to hear some "on the road" clips! :)
here you go just added a small clip!

I love this.

When you had to mock up the 370Z exhaust to fit the Q50, what did you have to do? Specifically, anything to the Y-Pipe or Mid pipe? I'm wondering if some of the 370Z exhausts could work if they bolt a Q50 axle-back to them (or a G37 sedan exhaust). It would be interesting to see if that worked.

That said, I might just opt for a Motordyne with polished tips and rock out. LOVE those exhausts. Pumped to see them supporting the Q50 platform.
to mock up the 370Z exhaust all i had to do is extend the Y Pipe and extend the tips on that axleback to reach the bumper

motordynemod by PUREQ50, on Flickr
motordynemod1 by PUREQ50, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Reactions: Nemo7

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Nemo7

How is the exhaust doing, anything you would do different or recommend? I was hoping for something loud like the Agency system but this sounds better. Black Friday is right around the corner, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Nemo7

How is the exhaust doing, anything you would do different or recommend? I was hoping for something loud like the Agency system but this sounds better. Black Friday is right around the corner, fingers crossed.
sorry for late response but only thing id do differently is get ART Pipes lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Since you had a 370 i am sure you have heard the fast intentions exhaust. How does this compare to that? Is it louder? Raspier?

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Last month Motordyne USA released the full catback system for the Q50

Infiniti Q50 ShockWave))) Exhaust | Motordyne USA

I used to have the exhaust on my 370z and when i got the Q50 rather than selling the exhaust I ended up mocking it up but later sold it. Now that Motordyne release one specifically for the Q50 i had to get one.I will make a review of the exhaust compared to my others in a week or 2 after riding with it for a while.

Here's a small sound clip of the exhaust
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP7-Lfudq2U

Here's how the exhaust looks

motordyne by PUREQ50, on Flickr
motordyne4jpg by PUREQ50, on Flickr
motordyne.3jpg by PUREQ50, on Flickr
motordyne5 by PUREQ50, on Flickr

I forgot to take pictures of the box when I first received it because I was so excited but all I can say is WOW the box was very well pack with lots of foam so nothing would bang around or come loose. The exhaust itself was immaculate everything about it was well crafted compared to other exhausts I have had.
The next day after receiving I went to get it installed:

Before:

optimus1 by PUREQ50, on Flickr

After:

motordyne3 by PUREQ50, on Flickr
Looks and sounds great! Is this a VQ37 or VR30 setup?

·
Registered
2019 luxe RWD
39 Posts
Id also like to know this since I am in the process of deciding between the FI or the MD exhaust
Which did you end up installing FI cbe or motordyne cbe ? How is it any rasp? Any other mods install with exhaust? What price u pay? What kind of down pipes u have ?? Thank you

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,810 Posts
Which did you end up installing FI cbe or motordyne cbe ? How is it any rasp? Any other mods install with exhaust? What price u pay? What kind of down pipes u have ?? Thank you
The person you are asking your questions to hasn't been on this forum for over 2 years. I suspect you won't get a reply from him.

·
Registered
2019 luxe RWD
39 Posts
The person you are asking your questions to hasn't been on this forum for over 2 years. I suspect you won't get a reply from him.
Loll thank u, do u have a suggestion or prefer 1brand over the other I love the sound of both i have meganldp +jb4 no longer have bms intake but I mean they are about the same price... I love the idea of FI prism color which is bad af.... but I found so far the cheapest FI =$1700 & motordyne tdx2 or shockwave (I’m not entirely sure) =$2000
bur not sure which to buy I have not heard either in person but it wouldn’t matter because it would only make it that much harder to decide.

As far as HP gains I wouldn’t know exactly since every vehicle and mod has a different result but I do want to also get a dyno before & after cbe system to where I stand with 91 octane depending on the price with these mods =jb4+ldp

Thanks for ur initial reply and look forward to & appreciate any reply in the future

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,810 Posts
I've had a FI CBE on for a year now and I have no regrets. I'd buy it again with the resonator and Touring muffler options as I don't want it loud. Same with the LDPs. I'd get the HKS LDPs again because they are resonated also.

Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,223 Posts
Look at ALL the dynos graphs on the FI website. Remember Peak HP is not as important as the USABLE daily HP/Torque #'s are.

The 2K- 4500 RPM range. The big hump for the Torque increase is the reason I chose the FI exhaust system. That and built quality. Freaking jewelry.

The full downpipes and CBE #'S W/O a tune were just amazing to me...and that's with 91 octane.

Because the OEM turbos fall flat at 5K-5500 RPM, I rarely use over 5500 RPM. 2550 RPM- 4K is the range the FI sysyem shines. (EcuTec tuned or NOT)

The power from just full downpipes and CBE was enough so I put off getting tuned. I almost didn't go for the tune. I've said this many times.

I find I don't listen to my radio or CD's because I LOVE listening to the music my car now makes.😍😎

1 - 17 of 17 Posts