Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
Z1 2 piece rotors save 30 lbs over OEM sport disks
My 19"-9.5" VF Forged VS02's are 20 lbs each.
My FI full catted downpipes, Resonated X-pipe and CBE saved 6 lb 3 oz

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
They said it may weigh the same or a tad more when I called them. Maybe i made an error weighing my parts, but they were catted full downpipes and resonated X-pipe. DP are 3" and the resonators added some extra weight too. But still lighter than OEM and better tubing. The OEM rusted in 3 months and the muffler pillow was tinny thin metal. The FI felt like it's heaver gauge all around.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
My VF Forged rims are 20lb. 19"x9"

Exhaust and MPG
After I installed my FI full downpipes and CBE my power went up and I got almost 2 MPG more. It was so nice I considered not tuning it. Post tune my MPG went back to my stock MPG.
However if I am heavy with my foot and "play" more than usual my MPG dips down 2-3 MPG. 18-19. I average 21-23 per tank usually. Mixed driving.
If I lived in the flats it would be more.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
The VF Forged VS02's were a very good deal. The only problem is the lead time. So just incase I damage a rim I even purchased a spare one. Running 19x9's on all four corners makes it easy. At $625 each the price was right. Josh set me up.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
I weigh all the parts I install and remove to keep track.
A personal diet is free. I still need to loose 10 lbs. Uggg. ?

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
The price made my eyes pop out! ?

$1500 OUCH!! ?

Granted it is a Lithium ion battery. Probably will last longer than the car.
It will be interesting to see the weight savings.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
Again, the best is to lighten unsprung weight/mass. Rotational weight is the best. light rims and 2 piece brake rotors. (30lbs less than OEM). 18" rims are the best performance and come in at around 18.5-19 lbs for forged monoblock. My 19" x 9" were 20 lbs. each.
Going on a person diet can save weight and may be a healthy thing to do unless you're already OK in that department. I lost 90 lbs. Cheaper than seats, and no more BP meds needed. Bonus!!!

I guess shaving my mustache would help. ?

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
The PCA requires EVERYTHING is out of your car. Nothing in the trunk, glove box, map pockets, no floor mats, just your lug nut socket/key as they verify torque in inspection. Valid drivers license is required as well as a current pre-inspection form signed by valad club approved site.

They recommend bringing tons of drinking water, a chair, windex, paper towels, sunscreen, extra quart of oil, torque wrench, jack, tow hook, food, rain gear, umbrella (sun or rain), hat, sunglasses, and money. You keep it all at your parking spot.

Looks like a campsite but with very expense cars. ?

They check during inspection at the beginning of the day under the hood, trunk, and check the torque on every lug nut. Hence bringing your socket/key.

Since gas is heavy the serious drivers have a few VP gas containers filled with gas of chouce and the octane of their choice.

100 octane unleaded is $11 a gallon at the track. They had 93 too for less. I did not ask the price. I just topped off with 4.7 gal of 100. 5 or so gallons mixed with 93 = 96 mix in the tank when full.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
I got 29lb 5 oz for front OEM rotor FYI & 19 lb 7 oz for Z1 2 piece rotor from my notes.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
Aluminum? I'll stick with steel. TI would be nice though. Tough stuff. I used to have a TI jet engine fan blade on my office desk. Plenty of tough AL alloys tho.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
Dyno uses them.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
Or just go on a personal diet. Bicyclists spend a fortune on Ti parts. We can too, but if loosing 10 lbs by not eating pizza n chips followed by a good import beer, may be good for you, and save a ton of $. Cheep good way to lighten your car.

Granted if you are thin losing weight is not an option.
Lol or kick your passenger out of the car. I used to be fat, now am just a bit over weight. Lol.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
Me too, I gave 6 Becks "NA" beers in my fridge. Tasty mmmmm. ??
That way I can drink n drive ?.. can't eat pizza w/o one! I gave up etoh years ago. Not worth it. Even if you are under the limit if you get in an accident you are screwed.

<johnInNH story>
I was at a dead stop when a kid on a bicycle hit me head on in my car. He was driving one handed with a hotdog in his hand while looking back at his friend behind him.
He flew onto my hood leaving mustard & relish on my windshield. He got bruised pretty badly & screwed up his bike some.
Well, at the far side of the parking lot a good samaritan called the local cops "some drunk hit a kid on his bike"

Needless to say 3 cop cars surrounded me. First thing was "have you had anything to drink"

Very long story... his friend verified my recount of the story and the kid was all apologetic. He was grounded by his mom b4 he went out and kept saying "don't tell my parents!"
A little tough as the kid had a huge hematoma on his stomach/waist.

Not drinking AT ALL was a saviour. Imagine if I had even just one beer that evening.
Ever since I never have to worry as I don't drink. It's just not worth it to me. Plus, I save a lot of $. I have expensive taste. ?
<end frivolous story>

Reactions: ptatohed
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.