Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,876 Posts
That's right! And my Subway Footlong at lunch wasn't quite 12" so I will have to throw Subway in there too!
Yeah! Those subversives at Subway were not only screwing us by serving 11 inch subs but they were also using azodicarbonamide in their bread dough as a bleaching agent and dough conditioner. That chemical is used to make yoga mats and other foamed plastic products also...seriously!

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
iI would say +40 for a 275
+38 may fit a 265
+35 ones at z1 may fit 255...265 may get too close.

maybe i am being a little too careful, but my +40 275 is very very close in the rear. I have a youtube video on it.

I am going to try and put the wheel tire weight information in the official wheel thread. I will ask folks to add that information to their posts that I have hyperlinked.

the first post is going to get jumbled up.
My 19x9.5 +40 with 275/35s seem just about right. Pretty close to flush. Definitely no poke. No rubbing with my Teins set to about a 1/2 finger gap.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
132 Posts
Great info (and humor) here! Read through several threads on rotors, wheels, driveshafts, etc. Hoping this thread is most appropriate for these questions (if stupid, sorry...responses won't hurt my feelings...just trying to get correct info).
1. Z1 Two Piece Rotors - Fronts shave more weight over OEM than rears. My thinking is "no" based on several AWD member posts, but could this difference in weight throw an AWD check light? I know differences in overall tire diameter front vs. rear can do this.
2. Overall diameter of Z1 rotors vs. OEM? Same?
3. I see the AMS aluminum and carbon driveshafts, one for AWD and one listed for RWD. Obviously AWD cars have both a front and rear driveshaft. So I assume the RWD version works for the rear driveshaft on AWD cars?
4. Same question about driveshafts and AWD check lights.
5. Will any of the above and/or lighter weight wheels/tires adversely impact traction control, ABS, etc.? I assume these systems are adaptable and would only work better with these components.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,876 Posts
Great info (and humor) here! Read through several threads on rotors, wheels, driveshafts, etc. Hoping this thread is most appropriate for these questions (if stupid, sorry...responses won't hurt my feelings...just trying to get correct info).
1. Z1 Two Piece Rotors - Fronts shave more weight over OEM than rears. My thinking is "no" based on several AWD member posts, but could this difference in weight throw an AWD check light? I know differences in overall tire diameter front vs. rear can do this.
2. Overall diameter of Z1 rotors vs. OEM? Same?
3. I see the AMS aluminum and carbon driveshafts, one for AWD and one listed for RWD. Obviously AWD cars have both a front and rear driveshaft. So I assume the RWD version works for the rear driveshaft on AWD cars?
5. Will any of the above and/or lighter weight wheels/tires adversely impact traction control, ABS, etc.? I assume these systems are adaptable and would only work better with these components.
1. Not sure what you're saying here. The front rotors are larger than the rear rotors so the weight reduction is greater per wheel (10 lbs) in the front than the rear (5 lbs). This mod will not throw any AWD warning lights. I've had these on my car for about 2 years with no problems.

2. Same dimensions. No fitment issues.

3. & 4. I'll let someone who has retrofitted the one-piece DS speak to that.

5. As far as lighter weight rotors, wheels, and tires are concerned, they will not adversely affect the braking systems of the car.

Reactions: Sleeper2017

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
132 Posts
1. Not sure what you're saying here. The front rotors are larger than the rear rotors so the weight reduction is greater per wheel (10 lbs) in the front than the rear (5 lbs). This mod will not throw any AWD warning lights. I've had these on my car for about 2 years with no problems.

2. Same dimensions. No fitment issues.

3. & 4. I'll let someone who has retrofitted the one-piece DS speak to that.

5. As far as lighter weight rotors, wheels, and tires are concerned, they will not adversely affect the braking systems of the car.
Much appreciated on #'s 1, 2, 5. I didn't think these would cause issues, but always better to ask the experts!

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,680 Posts
Wow, this thread has been asleep for over 1.5 years!

·
Super Moderator
3,655 Posts
3. I see the AMS aluminum and carbon driveshafts, one for AWD and one listed for RWD. Obviously AWD cars have both a front and rear driveshaft. So I assume the RWD version works for the rear driveshaft on AWD cars?.
I have a '17 Q60 Red Sport AWD, but the Q50 & Q60 drivelines are similar, so I'll chime in on the driveshaft inquires, since I've performed some upgrades to my Q's driveline.

No, the RWD and AWD (Rear) Driveshafts are different configurations, as the RWD D/S has a splined slip-yoke and the AWD D/S has a 4-bolt flange (shown below) to attach to the output flange of the transfer case.

Another manufacturer of Aluminum D/S for the Q50 & Q60 RWDs/AWDs is Inland Empire (IE), distributed through Concept Z Performance. The weight of the IE D/S for the AWD application is 19.5 lbs, which saves 6.5 pounds over the stock 2-piece D/S, which weighs in @ 26 lbs.

No CELs and no driveline vibrations with the IE D/S. My butt-dyno says it helped acceleration from a dig, and more importantly, the upshifts under power felt more precise, likely due to losing the stock rubber damper (shown below) and compliance of the 2-piece D/S.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
132 Posts
I have a '17 Q60 Red Sport AWD, but the Q50 & Q60 drivelines are similar, so I'll chime in on the driveshaft inquires, since I've performed some upgrades to my Q's driveline.

No, the RWD and AWD (Rear) Driveshafts are different configurations, as the RWD D/S has a splined slip-yoke and the AWD D/S has a 4-bolt flange (shown below) to attach to the output flange of the transfer case.

Another manufacturer of Aluminum D/S for the Q50 & Q60 RWDs/AWDs is Inland Empire (IE), distributed through Concept Z Performance. The weight of the IE D/S for the AWD application is 19.5 lbs, which saves 6.5 pounds over the stock 2-piece D/S, which weighs in @ 26 lbs.
Thank you, very helpful. I see the IE rear DS for AWD on Concept Z's website, but don't see an IE aluminum front AWD DS (though I see the AMS aluminum and carbon versions). Do you have IE rear DS and OEM front DS, or aftermarket front DS?

·
Super Moderator
3,655 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Since you're going for the nth degree here, make sure to only use non-ETOH gas as ETOH has a greater density than gas. Also, use the restroom before driving to eliminate all bodily wastes as weight. Likewise, shave all the hair off your body and trim your nails. Don't forget to strip naked before driving and be sure to spit out the window at regular intervals. Liposuction to remove excess body fat, donating blood before driving, as well as donating a kidney and/or lung would help also.
OMG This was Hilarious. I spit out my coffee reading this post.. haha

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,876 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Maximus400
101 - 111 of 111 Posts