Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

341 - 360 of 383 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
I’m confused about your advice tho. Wouldn’t inner clearance INCREASE with LOWER offset since the wheel (and tire) center is moved outwards?
We are talking about clearing the fender.

Yes, there would be less inner clearance, but IIRC, there is enough room in the rear. Just jack up your car and reach back there to feel how much clearance you have. Deduct from that number based on offset and tire width.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just in case I went with 20x9 +35 245/35 and 20x10 +40 285/30. Looks good and fits flush.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone, just picked up a 15 Q50s and was wondering if a 19x10 +25 would be enough to clear the front and rear brakes?
Got a couple of options lined up and looking for some advice!

·
Registered
127 Posts
It’s generally accepted that that’s gonna stock out past the fender. I have 10 +40 in the rear and it’s flush. Same for the front would be flush. Any lower offset will stick out. Brake clearance depends on the wheel design as well.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
Hey everyone, just picked up a 15 Q50s and was wondering if a 19x10 +25 would be enough to clear the front and rear brakes?
Got a couple of options lined up and looking for some advice!
1. offset means nothing when it comes to brake clearance.

2. Just about any wheel at a +25 would most likely clear the sport brakes.

3. That is way too much offset unless you run a 245 tire (which would be overstretched).

Please look at the first page and get some ideas by clicking on the hyperlinks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1. offset means nothing when it comes to brake clearance.

2. Just about any wheel at a +25 would most likely clear the sport brakes.

3. That is way too much offset unless you run a 245 tire (which would be overstretched).

Please look at the first page and get some ideas by clicking on the hyperlinks.
Ah gotcha. Yea first time dealing with bigger brakes, so I’m trying to get an idea on sizing.
One of the wheels I’m looking at are Vossen HF3s. I was thinking of the 19x10 +25 being safe enough, but was also considering a 19x9.5 +30 with a 245/40 tire.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Give or take 3mm either way, 19x9 +29 front and 19x10 +40 (or 10.5 +45) rear is what you need to be flush.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Also, you have a VQ37 car. You don’t need all that much tire. 245/265 is all thy you need. 19x9 and 19x9.5/10 is all that you need or you’ll start loosing performance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I’m on 20x8.5 +38 all around and my tires are Nitto 225/35/20 and when I needed wheel replacement Discount Tire told me they wouldn’t be able to place the wheel on the tire because it was too small, but another shop did it no problem...car doesn’t drive weird at all.

Is that something I need to worry about? DT confused me for a minute

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
So I’m on 20x8.5 +38 all around and my tires are Nitto 225/35/20 and when I needed wheel replacement Discount Tire told me they wouldn’t be able to place the wheel on the tire because it was too small, but another shop did it no problem...car doesn’t drive weird at all.

Is that something I need to worry about? DT confused me for a minute
225 on an 8.5 is well within reason. Nothing to worry about.

You only need to be sure that the 225s at a 35 profile will handle the load of the vehicle.

My wife's Pathfinder, for example, runs on 235s. I wanted to get a dedicated snow set at 215, but was told the 215 would not be able to handle the load.

·
Registered
2 Posts
225 on an 8.5 is well within reason. Nothing to worry about.

You only need to be sure that the 225s at a 35 profile will handle the load of the vehicle.

My wife's Pathfinder, for example, runs on 235s. I wanted to get a dedicated snow set at 215, but was told the 215 would not be able to handle the load.
Ah I understand the worry on their part now, crunching the numbers I found out the tires far exceed the max weight of the car though...maybe it was a precaution, I appreciate the insight.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD
13 Posts
Aloha
I'm trying to re-use my wheels from 350Z which ran a staggered set-up with Advanti Svelto 19" 8.5" +30 up front and 19" 9.5" +30 in back. Then I went and messed everything up by buying a 2018 Q50 AWD :) from Hertz.

Now I'm moving everything over. I'm trying to save money and also re-use the 255/35 Michelin Super Sports I had up front. So I bought a pair of 255/35 19" Super Sports for the back and they're on the way from Costco. So it'll be the same size tires on two different width rims. I'm guessing I'll be one of the few people running this odd "semi-staggered" setup. However it shouldn't mess up the wheel speed sensors because all the tires are the same diameter , but the back tires stretched a bit more but within Michelin specs.
I'm interested to see how it looks.
I should have it installed in a couple weeks and I'll post pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
Aloha
I'm trying to re-use my wheels from 350Z which ran a staggered set-up with Advanti Svelto 19" 8.5" +30 up front and 19" 9.5" +30 in back. Then I went and messed everything up by buying a 2018 Q50 AWD :) from Hertz.

Now I'm moving everything over. I'm trying to save money and also re-use the 255/35 Michelin Super Sports I had up front. So I bought a pair of 255/35 19" Super Sports for the back and they're on the way from Costco. So it'll be the same size tires on two different width rims. I'm guessing I'll be one of the few people running this odd "semi-staggered" setup. However it shouldn't mess up the wheel speed sensors because all the tires are the same diameter , but the back tires stretched a bit more but within Michelin specs.
I'm interested to see how it looks.
I should have it installed in a couple weeks and I'll post pictures.
please dont do that

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a 14 q50 rwd all stock and am looking at getting staggered aodhan ds01s 19x9.5 +22 in front and 19x10.5 +22 in back, just wondering what size tries would be best and also any advice at all i’m very new to the car scene.

Edit: Also advice on bags/coilovers not to sure which way to go yet

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #357
i have a 14 q50 rwd all stock and am looking at getting staggered aodhan ds01s 19x9.5 +22 in front and 19x10.5 +22 in back, just wondering what size tries would be best and also any advice at all i’m very new to the car scene.

Edit: Also advice on bags/coilovers not to sure which way to go yet
please check out the hyperlinks in the first post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, new member to the Q50 scene. I just bought a 2016 Q50 non sport AWD 3.0, all stock for now, but looking into wheel options. I've been searching and maybe I missed it but is anyone running 20x10.5 +45 square? It seems like the rears would be flush but the fronts might be tucked in a tiny bit. Is that about accurate? I just want to get an idea before I start throwing money around aimlessly. Plans for the future include reflash, z1 catted dps, catback exhaust, ams intakes, ams he, and probs bc coils eventually. Wheels first then coils most likely so this would be stock suspension to start. Stockers are 17s @ 225/55/17 so height is about 26.72". 20's with MPSS @ 255/35/20 would be about 27.02". Is this practical as well, those tire are rated for 8.5-10" wheel so it'd be a little stretched I guess or could I fit 265/35/20 bringing it to 27.32" and still sit pretty flush? Sorry for all the questions here, just new and couldn't find an answer.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #359 (Edited)
Nick I am more aggressive than others when it comes to fitting wider wheels and tires on my car and I will tell you that a 9 and a 1/2 at a plus 45 is the closest you want to get to the inside suspension parts With A275 tire up front.

i should have a link to my original fitment trials in the first page.

9.5 +50 and a 275/35/19 was just touching the inner suspension up front. I had to add a 5mm spacer to clear.

go with 9.5 +45 275/35/19 as the closest you want to be on the inside and claculate what width, offset and tire size you want to run.

for the rear, 9.5 +40 275/35/19 is as far out as you want to run as it will be too close to the fender.

I really need to add more questions and answers to the first post.....

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #360
Ooooops...I just mustered the will to clean up the first post and add more hyperlinks and Q&Q only to find out that I am limited to editing 8 posts in 10 days or 10 posts in 8 days.

Either way, I guess I will refrain from editing any more posts until I can edit the first post in this thread.

Sorry for the wait.

341 - 360 of 383 Posts