Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

421 - 440 of 479 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #422

Registered
Honestly i was gonna go 225 but its my daily. 不不不

For my meaty setup, itd be my evo 9. 275 on a 9.5.
I'm also 275 on a 9.5. Love it

Registered
Looking for a little advice on a potential setup. I'm hoping to reuse my current tires (Conti DWS 255/40/19) and remain at stock ride height. Many of the wheels that I like (and can afford) come in 19x9 or 19x9.5, which would be perfect, but they require a very aggressive setup to clear the akebonos. Is it advisable to go down to a 19x8.5 given that the stock RS wheels are 19x9? Thanks in advance!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #427
Looking for a little advice on a potential setup. I'm hoping to reuse my current tires (Conti DWS 255/40/19) and remain at stock ride height. Many of the wheels that I like (and can afford) come in 19x9 or 19x9.5, which would be perfect, but they require a very aggressive setup to clear the akebonos. Is it advisable to go down to a 19x8.5 given that the stock RS wheels are 19x9? Thanks in advance!
You may run a 255 on a 9.5

I have 255 on a 9.5 on a different car and the fitment is fine as far as stretch.

If I were to run only a 255, I would get a 9" or a 9.5" wheel. Don't even sweat it.

Registered
You may run a 255 on a 9.5

I have 255 on a 9.5 on a different car and the fitment is fine as far as stretch.

If I were to run only a 255, I would get a 9" or a 9.5" wheel. Don't even sweat it.
Thanks, but I think I may have worded my question incorrectly. Should I run a 19x8.5 on a RS? Factory wheels are 19x9. I know 255 will fit on a 8.5 and I like the meaty look, but Im concerned with going narrower than factory specs. Im unable to find any 9 or 9.5 wheels with appropriate offsets for a stock ride height AWD. Potentially looking at a set of Rohana RFX11 19x8.5 +35 all around.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #429
Thanks, but I think I may have worded my question incorrectly. Should I run a 19x8.5 on a RS? Factory wheels are 19x9. I know 255 will fit on a 8.5 and I like the meaty look, but Im concerned with going narrower than factory specs. Im unable to find any 9 or 9.5 wheels with appropriate offsets for a stock ride height AWD. Potentially looking at a set of Rohana RFX11 19x8.5 +35 all around.
You may run an 8.5 for your 255 tires (he says with a cringe)

But, you shouldn't.

Registered
You may run an 8.5 for your 255 tires (he says with a cringe)

But, you shouldn't.
Thanks, point taken! Ill keep looking. May have to widen my budget a bit.

Really had my heart set on Forgestars CF5V, but would have to run 19x9 +27 to clear the front brakes, which I think will poke too much for my liking on stock ride height. Josh at GetYourWheels has been great at making suggestions, but the offsets have to be fairly aggressive on most flow formed options.

I lost all hope and was desperate, hence the 8.5 width question.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #431

Really had my heart set on Forgestars CF5V, but would have to run 19x9 +27 to clear the front brakes, which I think will poke too much for my liking on stock ride height. Josh at GetYourWheels has been great at making suggestions, but the offsets have to be fairly aggressive on most flow formed options.

I was going to suggest tire-rack, but I just went on there and it was dismal. Lots of 8.5...nutty.

I still think the nismo wheels look great on this car. I know it is not necessarily in your budget. You may be able to pick up used nismo wheels.

There were 2 flavors, and as much as I like mine, I think the older graphite would look fantastic with your color.

Hubcap heaven is decent....you will need 4 fronts.

Registered
I was going to suggest tire-rack, but I just went on there and it was dismal. Lots of 8.5...nutty.

I still think the nismo wheels look great on this car. I know it is not necessarily in your budget. You may be able to pick up used nismo wheels.

There were 2 flavors, and as much as I like mine, I think the older graphite would look fantastic with your color.

Hubcap heaven is decent....you will need 4 fronts.

View attachment 92044
Appreciate the suggestion! Those are definitely at the top end of my budgetwas hoping to stay under $2kbut its not quite my style. I just came across HREs FF10 which are a few bucks more. Also considering VS Forged, but those are significantly more expensive.

Registered

I've posted this link several times and may be geared to people as yourself.

This guy is running Forgestar CF10 19x9 +40 on his RS400 AWD using 255/40-19 tires.
No poke, flush fit. It was spec'd by Josh at Get your Wheels. It is the semi-concave profile.
Might not be your cup of tea but just an example of what's out there.

Registered
I've posted this link several times and may be geared to people as yourself.

This guy is running Forgestar CF10 19x9 +40 on his RS400 AWD using 255/40-19 tires.
No poke, flush fit. It was spec'd by Josh at Get your Wheels. It is the semi-concave profile.
Might not be your cup of tea but just an example of what's out there.
Thanks! I hadn't considered the CF10 before. That post was the reason why I initially inquired about the CF5V in a similar setup, but the design doesn't allow such a high offset while clearing the brakes. I'm told that Forgestar F14's require a +30 offset at 19x9 to clear the brakes. Subtle differences, but a huge impact on appearance when you're at stock height.

Registered
Finally got my new tires and rims. Niche M162's 20x9 255 front and 20x10.5 275 rear. Running Delante D8's. I was going to drop it, but i think it looks good. So ill prob leave well enough alone. Thoughts?

Registered
Looks good but with the 20s it needs dropped IMHO.

Finally got my new tires and rims. Niche M162's 20x9 255 front and 20x10.5 275 rear. Running Delante D8's. I was going to drop it, but i think it looks good. So ill prob leave well enough alone. Thoughts?
View attachment 92075

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #437
The delinte d8 looks like Continental DWS.

Registered
Hey i have a 14 non sport q50 and am on 18x9.5 +30 all around, wanting to go on coilovers, what are good options and would i have any sort of rubbing? my wheels are 255/45

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #439
you should be ok...try plugging in your specs and my specs and see if they are the same....in will theyfitdotcom

Ok...here it is for you as I was certain it would be ok and was curios to know if I was.

As you can see, the top outside edge of your tire is the same as the top outside edge of mine. Mine barely clears, but it clears and not with a bunch of nonsensical negative camber. My camber is -1.6 all around.

Registered
Model: 2016 Q50 AWD Premium

Wheels:
Maya MRS 3-piece
20x9 et +42 (Square)

Tire:
Cooper Zeon Rs3-s
255/35R20 (Square)

Suspension:
Stock (Alignment below)

It needed one badly anyway haha

Any modification: N/A