Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

461 - 479 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
296 Posts
2019 19x8.5 OEM Q50 Sport wheel and tire combo is heavy! 64.6 lbs after about 3,700 miles of use since new. The much wider replacement set up just dropped a combined 46.4 lbs of unsprung weight. The OEM wheel / tire is in a plastic bag from discount tire in this pic but the bag is nearly weightless.

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #462
Another little gem from Tyre Reviews...

·
Registered
2015 Q50s Hybrid AWD: Z1 2 piece rotors, Stillen rear Sway-bar, Tanabe front strut bar
8 Posts
Quick update on the 275/35/19 square fitment.

I have a problem....too much grip for on-road feedback.

With a 265/35/19 square fitment, I could tell that there was just a touch of understeer on a continuous turn.

I can no longer tell if the car has a slight understeer or not without risking a crash. I don't have a good place to find out. Even the longest sweeping turn where I used to dial in my alignment no longer works. I may just have a bit too much negative camber all around, and not being on a road course won't allow me to get my tire temps to adjust my camber.

I am at -2.2 camber all around. If any of you have tracked your car and measured tire temps, let me know what camber setting you used for AWD.
I'm planning on running the same wheel setup square Nismo with 9.5 on stock suspension height. I plan on using oem tire size as well, do you believe I will run into less of these issues?? I really want the car to handle close to stock and get the added weight savings benefit.

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #464
I'm planning on running the same wheel setup square Nismo with 9.5 on stock suspension height. I plan on using oem tire size as well, do you believe I will run into less of these issues?? I really want the car to handle close to stock and get the added weight savings benefit.
I would recommend a 265/35/19.

This would sit quite nicely on the 9.5 wheel.

At that width, a tire with softer sidewall will still hold decently.

·
Registered
2015 Q50s Hybrid AWD: Z1 2 piece rotors, Stillen rear Sway-bar, Tanabe front strut bar
8 Posts
I would recommend a 265/35/19.

This would sit quite nicely on the 9.5 wheel.

At that width, a tire with softer sidewall will still hold decently.
Interesting, so a slightly smaller diameter with a wider tire.

I'm guessing oem 245/40/19 might look a bit stretched?

I slightly smaller tire won't fill the arches visually as much either I'd suspect hmmm...

the benefit of a wider tire is more grip in a corner correct? I'm not a pro on all this, and you are GURU! :D
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #466
Interesting, so a slightly smaller diameter with a wider tire.

I'm guessing oem 245/40/19 might look a bit stretched?

I slightly smaller tire won't fill the arches visually as much either I'd suspect hmmm...

the benefit of a wider tire is more grip in a corner correct? I'm not a pro on all this, and you are GURU! :D
Thanks!
I am not a guru...I wish.

You wanted something closer to oem.

A 265 will grip a tiny bit less than a 275 and continental and michelin tires with softer sidewalls will still respond decently.

I am running indy500 275/35/19 and I like them so far.

If you run 265, you can run any tire.

If you run 275, be sure it has decent sidewalls.

If you cant tell, get 2 different brands of 275/35 and feel the difference in sidewall flex...grip the inside edge and pull it away from the tire.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Walkaround clip: https://youtu.be/G3PgnrFW12c

This setup ain’t for most as it has a fair amount of stretch and is a little low but it’s still nimble and a fun ride.

Niche Vossos on Zenna Argus (cheap tires I won through work but perform amazing for their actual cost)

Lowered o BC BRs 14k/10k with about another inch to go heh.

wheel diameter: 20
wheel width: x10.5
wheel offset: +35
tire size: 245/35R20
camber settings: -3.5 all around

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any help on wheel and tire fitment?
2016ss Q50, Lowered on rsr down
will 255/40/19 rub on 19x9.5 +22? Or should I just go with 245/40/19? One person told me it will one said it won’t
9C9FC5F4-E889-4D68-A8F4-3B53343F91C7.jpeg 156E90AC-D4FE-4F77-8ADE-778607E29386.jpeg F77C2EC0-81DB-47ED-897A-5E1ECBBD8C2F.jpeg

·
Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 94637
View attachment 94638

Walkaround clip: https://youtu.be/G3PgnrFW12c

This setup ain’t for most as it has a fair amount of stretch and is a little low but it’s still nimble and a fun ride.

Niche Vossos on Zenna Argus (cheap tires I won through work but perform amazing for their actual cost)

Lowered o BC BRs 14k/10k with about another inch to go heh.

wheel diameter: 20
wheel width: x10.5
wheel offset: +35
tire size: 245/35R20
camber settings: -3.5 all around
thats looks good, I just checked their website and looks like the offset is either 30mm or 40mm for the 10.5, did you get them special? I have a 2018 redsport rwd that's speed bump questionable low and looking to put some rims on it. Did you have to modify anything besides the camber? Sorry for dumb questions, just now reading up on rims and tires.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Work Wheels Emotion 2PC CR:
Staggered setup:
20x9.5 +36 (Front)
20x10.5 +42 (Rear)

Tires:
Yokohama ADVAN V601
Staggered setup:
255/35 R20 (Front)
285/30 R20 (Rear)

Suspension:
Tein Coilovers
1.2 inch drop in the front.
.9-1 inch drop in the rear.

Reactions: GTA-RS400

·
Registered
200 Posts
Gonna be dropping it another 1.5 - 2 more inches in the next couple days.

View attachment 95053
What wheels are those? Looks like Work Emotions.

Looks clean so far! Whoa! An extra 1.5-2 inches?! I think that will make your wheels tuck. Looking forward to the pictures of the drop!

·
Registered
2016, Q50S
18 Posts
What wheels are those? Looks like Work Emotions.

Looks clean so far! Whoa! An extra 1.5-2 inches?! I think that will make your wheels tuck. Looking forward to the pictures of the drop!
They are, but not their 2pc wheels. I still have my evo to build. Haha

·
Registered
200 Posts
They are, but not their 2pc wheels. I still have my evo to build. Haha
Nice. The Evo in your profile pic?

That's clean, bro. Always liked the Evo over the STI but sadly the Evo got cancelled. No idea why they did that!

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #475
Nice. The Evo in your profile pic?

That's clean, bro. Always liked the Evo over the STI but sadly the Evo got cancelled. No idea why they did that!
They lost their way when they went to the EVO X. They pushed their flappy paddles when all enthusiasts wanted was a manual. And, the car got heavier.

And, for the pièce de résistance, the final edition was not as nice as the previous year.

You can still find brand new final editions, but you will have to pay north of $80,000.

EVO VIII was the best. EVO IX was more driveable (VVT) and had a better looking front bumper.

·
Registered
200 Posts
They lost their way when they went to the EVO X. They pushed their flappy paddles when all enthusiasts wanted was a manual. And, the car got heavier.

And, for the pièce de résistance, the final edition was not as nice as the previous year.

You can still find brand new final editions, but you will have to pay north of $80,000.

EVO VIII was the best. EVO IX was more driveable (VVT) and had a better looking front bumper.
Yup. Manual was all the EVO needed, much like the STI. I do however like the current STI more than the Evo. But I remember back in the early 2000s, I preferred EVOs over STIs.

Definitely. I was a big fan of the EVO 8.

Really? North of 80K for a EVO X? Dang. I can't say I'm surprised though. Some people still want it and its pretty rare to see a brand new one.

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #477
Yup. Manual was all the EVO needed, much like the STI. I do however like the current STI more than the Evo. But I remember back in the early 2000s, I preferred EVOs over STIs.

Definitely. I was a big fan of the EVO 8.

Really? North of 80K for a EVO X? Dang. I can't say I'm surprised though. Some people still want it and its pretty rare to see a brand new one.
STI up to 2018. It doesnt need those giant brakes.

I could fit 17" wheels over the up to 2018 Brembos.

And, no HK sound system unless you get a sunroof. Now, at least there is a sunroof delete option.

If they can really put out a 2022 2.4 DIT STI with 400HP (you can look up tuners who got their hands on the earlier ascent), their tried and true 6 speed, COBB support, and a hybrid DIT and port injection (less valve deposit), they will have a winner.

Knowing Subaru, well, that is a different story.

·
Registered
59 Posts
After a 3 month wait, I've finally received my new wheels.

'18 Q50RS AWD, stock suspension
Forgestar F14, bronze burst
19x9 +38 all around (required 3mm spacers to clear front calipers)
25.2 lbs each
Continental DWS06 255/40/19

(apologies that some of the pics are over exposed)

461 - 479 of 479 Posts