521 - 540 of 554 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #521

·
Registered
137 Posts
Straight line mainly. Also looks lol. I am not a pro driver and it’s a 2-ton sedan. But please do tell me your opinion.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q50 RS400 AWD
118 Posts
Straight line mainly. Also looks lol. I am not a pro driver and it’s a 2-ton sedan. But please do tell me your opinion.
He's asking to determine what type of tires you should get. Which is what's most important for traction. You could keep your current wheels and just splurge on better tires.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #524
Many on this forum have touted the traction difference of an LSD.

Your alignment is a factor as well as tire pressure. Too much negative camber could mean less contact patch...same with too much or too little pressure.

I have AWD, so I cant comment much at all on LSD.

RWD folks, please chime in on LSD and tire choice.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I failed to mention the fact that I am talking about a great used set of the above complete with Nitto Invos upfront and PZeros in the rear. The price is great too. I’m more concerned with fit. By my calculation it should fit perfectly - just right upfront and have ~4-5mm clearance to fender in the back, which should be made up by the meaty 305s.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #526
I failed to mention the fact that I am talking about a great used set of the above complete with Nitto Invos upfront and PZeros in the rear. The price is great too. I’m more concerned with fit. By my calculation it should fit perfectly - just right upfront and have ~4-5mm clearance to fender in the back, which should be made up by the meaty 305s.
if you are looking at fitment, they will not stick out of the rear fender nor the front fender.

again, use willtheyfit or any other site. plug in 275/35/19 + 40 F/R and compare to your desired setup.

i am pretty sure the rear outside will be the same.

the front of your setup may be more inboard.

·
Registered
137 Posts
if you are looking at fitment, they will not stick out of the rear fender nor the front fender.

again, use willtheyfit or any other site. plug in 275/35/19 + 40 F/R and compare to your desired setup.

i am pretty sure the rear outside will be the same.

the front of your setup may be more inboard.
So you agree it should fit right in? My last front setup was perfect fit at 9 +29. 9.5 +33 is within 2mm of that. My current rear setup is 10 +40, and the new one is 11 +56, or 4mm inward (which COULD be fixed by a 5mm spacer if needed). But, I’m now rocking 285s. My biggest concern is 305 fitment on the inside at about 1 finger gap height and 305s outside poke which I hope to make up for the 4mm lost by positive offset. Would 305s PZeros step outside an 11in wheel or would it fit about the same as my 285s are fitting the 10s?

·
Registered
782 Posts
How do you like those tires ??
The tires are good so far. It prevents good grip for the performance. Its not quiet but its not loud either.

The tires are not good in the rain or wet roads though. But my car is tuned so maybe that's why.

Reactions: JaySRR

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the feedback

The tires are good so far. It prevents good grip for the performance. Its not quiet but its not loud either.

The tires are not good in the rain or wet roads though. But my car is tuned so maybe that's why.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
63 Posts
Alright, made it through all 531 posts to get here! Great stuff.

Have looked at willtheyfit, tiresize.com, tirerack, etc., so hopefully not asking a stupid question. I have a 2017 AWD RS, stock 19x9 +47 wheels and 245/40/19 Dunlops on all four corners. Looking to upgrade tires, likely Continental DWS 06. For both weight and traction. Will possibly upgrade wheels to something lighter later, tires seem like the best bang for the buck to start. Don't want to mess with spacers or adjusting camber and don't plan any suspension mods. Question is size (square):

255/40/19 - I know these are popular and will work front and rear with no issues. But a bit larger diameter than stock.
265/35/19 - What (size) comes on rear of RWDs. Will they fit front with no issues? A bit smaller diameter than stock.
275/30/19 - Is this just stupid to try with 9 inch wide wheels? In compatibility/appearance/performance, or all three? Tirerack says compatible w/ 9" wheels, but seems like a bad idea. Almost exact size as factory though.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
63 Posts
Or just go stock size?

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #534
Alright, made it through all 531 posts to get here! Great stuff.

Have looked at willtheyfit, tiresize.com, tirerack, etc., so hopefully not asking a stupid question. I have a 2017 AWD RS, stock 19x9 +47 wheels and 245/40/19 Dunlops on all four corners. Looking to upgrade tires, likely Continental DWS 06. For both weight and traction. Will possibly upgrade wheels to something lighter later, tires seem like the best bang for the buck to start. Don't want to mess with spacers or adjusting camber and don't plan any suspension mods. Question is size (square):

255/40/19 - I know these are popular and will work front and rear with no issues. But a bit larger diameter than stock.
265/35/19 - What (size) comes on rear of RWDs. Will they fit front with no issues? A bit smaller diameter than stock.
275/30/19 - Is this just stupid to try with 9 inch wide wheels? In compatibility/appearance/performance, or all three? Tirerack says compatible w/ 9" wheels, but seems like a bad idea. Almost exact size as factory though.
So you read 500+ posts eh, whipper snapper???

Did you read this thread about factory 19x9.5 in the front?

And, did you check out my youtube vids...I have one with 265/35 on factory 19x9.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
63 Posts
Ok, sticking with factory 19x9 wheels for now, so it sounds like 275's are completely off the table if I want to keep it square (AWD). Watched youtube video, so you were able to run 265/35's on the stock 19x9's with no issues or adjustments? I know you said there was some slop compared to the 9.5 wide wheels you switched to, but would you recommend 265/35 over 255/40 on the stock 19x9 wheels? I hate how stretched the current stock Dunlops look.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #536
Ok, sticking with factory 19x9 wheels for now, so it sounds like 275's are completely off the table if I want to keep it square (AWD). Watched youtube video, so you were able to run 265/35's on the stock 19x9's with no issues or adjustments? I know you said there was some slop compared to the 9.5 wide wheels you switched to, but would you recommend 265/35 over 255/40 on the stock 19x9 wheels? I hate how stretched the current stock Dunlops look.
265 on factory 9" is too sloppy unless you run a very stiff sidewall.

I wouldnt go wider than 255

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
63 Posts
10-4. That's what I needed to hear, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,459 Posts
10-4. That's what I needed to hear, thanks.
I had 245/40R19 DWS 06 tires on the RS wheels. They looked stretched and didn't provide much in the way of wheel rim protection. I replaced them with 255/40R19 DWS 06 tires and they look better on the wheel and do a better job of rim protection.

Reactions: Sleeper2017

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello everyone,

Bought a set of barely used Curva 20" C46 wheels found at the link below and have a few questions.
I assumed as the main car used to promote these wheels was a Q60, the bolt pattern/space between the BBK would be just fine and I wouldn't have to worry about spacing. This unfortunately is not the case and I have the thickness of a hair or less between the wheel and the brake.

Reading up on issues with aftermarket wheels vibrating, I am concerned with what setup I should go for with these wheels given my car.

My Q50 is a 2017 Silver Sport RWD.

The Curva C46 wheels specs are as follow:
Front: 20x 9.0J
Rear: 20x 10.5J

I've seen quite a few setups from Fitment industries recommend tire sizes for the front and back as follows.

Front: 255/35/ZR20
Rear: 275/30/ZR20

This fitment would lead me think that the rear would level with the front tires of the car. Would there be any particular issues with this setup, or would anyone be able to comment one the most optimal setup for my ride?

Any help would be much appreciated as I plan to take this process slow instead of just throwing just anything on the car.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #540
Hello everyone,

Bought a set of barely used Curva 20" C46 wheels found at the link below and have a few questions.
I assumed as the main car used to promote these wheels was a Q60, the bolt pattern/space between the BBK would be just fine and I wouldn't have to worry about spacing. This unfortunately is not the case and I have the thickness of a hair or less between the wheel and the brake.

Reading up on issues with aftermarket wheels vibrating, I am concerned with what setup I should go for with these wheels given my car.

My Q50 is a 2017 Silver Sport RWD.

The Curva C46 wheels specs are as follow:
Front: 20x 9.0J
Rear: 20x 10.5J

I've seen quite a few setups from Fitment industries recommend tire sizes for the front and back as follows.

Front: 255/35/ZR20
Rear: 275/30/ZR20

This fitment would lead me think that the rear would level with the front tires of the car. Would there be any particular issues with this setup, or would anyone be able to comment one the most optimal setup for my ride?

Any help would be much appreciated as I plan to take this process slow instead of just throwing just anything on the car.
awesome...what are the wheel offsets?

521 - 540 of 554 Posts