Backspacing
: 6.73
Offset: +25
Wheel Diameter: 20
Wheel Width: 10.5
Hub Bore: 73.10
255 +35 fronts no problem
275 +25 rears will stick out

only one person here fit an agressive rear but with a lot of negative camber.

rears tries will stick out about 10mm.

check out the first post. some links still work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The front
255 +35 fronts no problem
275 +25 rears will stick out

only one person here fit an agressive rear but with a lot of negative camber.

rears tries will stick out about 10mm.

check out the first post. some links still work.

The car is in the bodyshop currently, but I did a quick test in the front tires and the brakes did not clear spokes more than a 1mm.

Would you suggest selling the wheels versus putting a spacer on the fronts wheels?

Also the rears with +25 on 10.5 width from what you're saying will not clear the wheel well? How do I get the camber adjustsed/any negative side effects to doing so? (will i need an alignment?)

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #544
The front

The car is in the bodyshop currently, but I did a quick test in the front tires and the brakes did not clear spokes more than a 1mm.

Would you suggest selling the wheels versus putting a spacer on the fronts wheels?

Also the rears with +25 on 10.5 width from what you're saying will not clear the wheel well? How do I get the camber adjustsed/any negative side effects to doing so? (will i need an alignment?)
you can add 2mm spacers for more clearance. 5mm spacers will likely not push your tires out at 255 +35...ending up at 255 +30.

if you are asking about the rears and adjusting camber and do you need an alignment, it changes things a bit.

you will spend couple of hundred or more for adjustable control arms...add installation...add alignment.

you will need quite a bit of negative camber to tuck in the rear wheels. Enough that your rears will wear out fast.

I recommend you sell them.

go to page 1 and look at some fitments. then go through the pages and look at fitments...paying attention to widths, offsets and camber for front and rear.

please list your specific model and drive in your signature...for ex. 2017 q50 sport RWD.

if you can also add a list of your mods in the signature, it will be helpful for future reference.

what is your realistic budget on just wheels? what size do you want and why? how far do you plan to go in suspension mods?

decent wheels are a good 300 a piece.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I based my initial specs off of incorrect details. I checked the back of the wheel and measured them out and both front an rear are at +35 offset, which is the ideal offset correct?

Since I confirmed the offset is +35 what sizes can I effective put on the wheel?

Front Wheels
Backspacing: 6.38
Offset: +35
Wheel Width: 9

Rear Wheels:
Backspacing

·
Registered
31 Posts
you can add 2mm spacers for more clearance. 5mm spacers will likely not push your tires out at 255 +35...ending up at 255 +30.

if you are asking about the rears and adjusting camber and do you need an alignment, it changes things a bit.

you will spend couple of hundred or more for adjustable control arms...add installation...add alignment.

you will need quite a bit of negative camber to tuck in the rear wheels. Enough that your rears will wear out fast.

I recommend you sell them.

go to page 1 and look at some fitments. then go through the pages and look at fitments...paying attention to widths, offsets and camber for front and rear.

please list your specific model and drive in your signature...for ex. 2017 q50 sport RWD.

if you can also add a list of your mods in the signature, it will be helpful for future reference.

what is your realistic budget on just wheels? what size do you want and why? how far do you plan to go in suspension mods?

decent wheels are a good 300 a piece.

Appreciate your help @jodedor

I based my initial specs off of incorrect details. I checked the back of the wheel and measured them out and both front an rear are at +35 offset, which is the ideal offset correct?

Since I confirmed the offset is +35 what tire sizes can I effective put on the wheel?

Front Wheels

Rear Wheels:
Backspacing

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #547
Appreciate your help @jodedor

Since I confirmed the offset is +35 what tire sizes can I effective put on the wheel?

Front Wheels

Rear Wheels:
Backspacing
are you sure about your measurements?

The wheels should be stamped.

Nonetheless...are you planning any suspension mods?

20" is too tall for me, but not my car.

I wish your fronts were 9.5".

front 245/35/20. .26.8"
rear 265/30/20...26.3"

or

front 245/35/20...26.8"
rear 275/30/20...26.5"

or like the q60

front 255/35/20...may be a bit tall for q50.
rear 275/30/20

a 275 rear may stick out a bit on factory suspension.

The q60 RS RWD comes with 255/35/20 and 275/30/20.

fronts are 9" while rears are 9.5"

i dont know the offset. this will be your homework.

i got the tire sizes in the below link for q60.

you may...just may be able to run the same tires. it would be worth a try.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Since we are talking about Q60s, I recently ordered tires through Tire Rack, and had them mounted via ASAP Tire, a mobile tire fitment service. I had ordered my wheels from Vorsteiner during their Black Friday 15% off sale late last year.

Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
Wheel: Vorsteiner V-FF 112
Finish: Mystic Black
Sizes: 20x10 ET 35 CB 66.1
Tires: Michelin PS4s - 255/35R20
Lugs: Racing Composites R40 iConix (Black)
Weight of Each Wheel & Tire: 49 lbs (vs 62 lbs for stock Red Sport wheel & A/S 3+ tire)

Notes: RS-R Best*I Active C/Os w/1" drop; -1.5 Camber

Reactions: jodedor

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,459 Posts
I do like those wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Work cr kai 19x10.5+32 all around
Federal St-1 265/30 all around
Bc coilovers
No fender mods. Rubs a lot up front, not sure what to do with the fender liner. Has anyone removed it for clearance or modified it?

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #552

·
Registered
3 Posts
front should not be that bad.

what is your camber setting?
Not sure. Just put the wheels on and havent gotten an alignment yet. I imagine its around -2 or -3. I had to raise the front from the second picture about 1/2 an inch to make it drivable but as low as it was it would rub on every turn or bump

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #554
Not sure. Just put the wheels on and havent gotten an alignment yet. I imagine its around -2 or -3. I had to raise the front from the second picture about 1/2 an inch to make it drivable but as low as it was it would rub on every turn or bump
if you are at -2 and rubbing, you will have to make some hard decusions.

Pull the fenders or get 255s...but they will be mega stretched on 10.5".

Front fenders should have some give. You may be able to get a rag and gently pull by hand...using both hands close together and pulling a little bit at a tjme and working your way back and forth.

dont just yank in one spot.

541 - 554 of 554 Posts