Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
781 - 800 of 835 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #781 ·
I'm still not sure what you mean by "40mm inside" but this is what I mean: The first is 0, its in the middle of the rim, simple. The next is negative, the hub mounting surface is beyond the center line of the rim. The last is what I am referring to. Lets say that's a +40 which moves that mounting surface towards the outside of the rim. What several people I have spoken to from several different companies have said is that on this rim because the +40 gives the backspacing of 7.07 the back of the rim face will hit the brakes.

View attachment 107767
wheel design can make or break it.

my wheel is a 19x9.5 +40 and clears the akebobo.

dont look at backspacing.

the wheel either fits or doesnt.

if the face is concave, it can still knick the caliper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've read this thread back and forth and used the search feature, so forgive me if I missed it. But, looking at 20x10 +38 squared for my 2016 AWD premium, stock non-sport brakes for now. From what I've read, I think I'm close at least. Would this be too much poke on the front?

Thanks in advance.

Nevermind - I found a pic online. Too much poke in the front. I bought a set of 20x9 instead.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q50 3.0t Premium AWD Stock, rear spoiler, tinted windows.
17 Posts
Hi guys, so I am looking for the perfect Fitment for 255x40-19 tires. Would a 19x10+30 wheel all around do the trick without any type of rubbing?

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #784 ·
Hi guys, so I am looking for the perfect Fitment for 255x40-19 tires. Would a 19x10+30 wheel all around do the trick without any type of rubbing?
10" is a bit of a stretch. 9.5" would be better for a 255.

if you can find higher offset than +30, it would be better. you dont want the rear to poke.

please look at the first post.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,677 Posts
10" is a bit of a stretch. 9.5" would be better for a 255.

if you can find higher offset than +30, it would be better. you dont want the rear to poke.

please look at the first post.
I have 255/40R19 DWS06 tires on the 9" OEM RS AWD wheels. They fit perfectly. They protect the rim better than the 245's.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, new to the forum but had a question about possible fitment changes to my Q50S. Not to sure on the wheel specs as they came with the car when I bought it and I haven’t gotten around to checking due to work but it’s running on ESR CS15s and tire sizes are 255/45/R19 in the rear and 225/55/R19 on the fronts with some stretch.

I like the stretch look but don’t want to have to keep looking for a shop that’ll stretch tires since it’s a huge liability, so I was wondering if anyone could suggest some wheel specs/tire sizes I could run without worrying about not having full turn radius without tearing up the inside of my fenders.
Also is lowered on Tein springs
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Plant

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #787 ·
As I said earlier, I ordered a second set of the Nismo Z front wheels.

The RE71R was my favorite street tire.

I ran Michelin AS3+ for a bit, but they just didnt have that grip.

The second set has Falken Azenis RT660.

275/35/19 on 19x9.5 +40.

I got Hawk 5.0 pads at the same time. A fair amount of bite over factory pads. Not sure how they would hold up on a road course.

These tires look a lotnlike the RE71R with larger blocks and a slightly quieter ride.

Great grip.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Signature.(sold)
2,763 Posts
So Jode, the 275 are ok upfront.

·
Registered
995 Posts
this will result in a stretched tire and have a good amount of poke. a 255/40/10 has a section width of 10" but a tread width of 8.5". this depends on tire design, a more squared tread will be slightly wider and some brands lie about their tire widths but the aforementioned measurements are generally true. the tread width of this tire will be a full 1.5" more narrow than the width of the wheel.

a 275/35/19 has a section width of 10.8" but a tread width of 9.5". the tread width of this tire is the same as the wheel width. this is generally considered the ideal tire and wheel fitment.

a 19x10+30 will be very close to rubbing the caliper, close enough that its going to depend on wheel design to decide if spacers are needed. if you did need spacers, it would probably only require a 5-10mm spacer at most. concerning wheel fitment on the car, a 19x10+30. to run this, youll need a significant amount of negative camber and need to run a narrow tire to get it to tuck.

heres what it takes to get a 19x10+40 wheel to tuck. you need an unrealistic amount of lowering to help get camber gain in addition to adjusting the rear for additional camber, notice that the rear has slightly more camber than the front. the owner also has to run 245/40/19s and still reports rub at full lock. if this person ran this car at a realistic ride height, the fronts would actually be ok but the rears would poke a bit with +40. keep in mind, youre looking at +30, so add 10mm extra poke to anything you see here. there will be a slight poke up front and a good amount of poke out back.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Sky
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Sky

Reactions: jodedor

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #791 ·
2nd set...

no more anxiety about flat tires...or getting tires when I need them.

Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design Tire Engineering

Reactions: H v H

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks, after looking around I may get 19x9.5+35 offset with 255 40 19.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #793 ·
Sometimes, I have a moment of clarity and realize I dont need an R32...I have been contemplating one.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: damonb10

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice looking Qs. So what is the perfect offset, wheel lined up direct with the body of car with 255/40R19 tires? Would a +22 stick out too far?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice looking Qs. So what is the perfect offset, wheel lined up direct with the body of car with 255/40R19 tires? Would a +22 stick out too far?
Ok. For 255/40R19, I think the following to get pretty much perfectly flush with the fender with no poke would be as follows:

8.5" wide = ~+24mm offset
9" wide = ~+30mm offset
9.5" wide = ~+37mm offset
10.5" wide = ~+48mm offset

781 - 800 of 835 Posts