Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
801 - 820 of 835 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Q50 luxe
5 Posts
Hey guys I have a 2021 Q50 Luxe with the stock 18s and I was looking into getting the enkei RPF1 in 18x9.5 +15 I’m going for a super flush meaty look and was wandering if this offset is to aggressive or should I go with +38 instead

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey guys I have a 2021 Q50 Luxe with the stock 18s and I was looking into getting the enkei RPF1 in 18x9.5 +15 I’m going for a super flush meaty look and was wandering if this offset is to aggressive or should I go with +38 instead
A 9.5" wide will be flush/near flush at a +35. Anything less will begin to poke. A +15 will poke from the body an inch and you will have to run a stretched tire to clear fenders. If you want hellaflush and are willing to run camber, I guess it could work.

The +38 is still aggressive, nearly flush, and you can run a 265/35. It will look super meaty because the tire will have a square sidewall. I vote for +38s.

·
Registered
2021 Q50 luxe
5 Posts
A 9.5" wide will be flush/near flush at a +35. Anything less will begin to poke. A +15 will poke from the body an inch and you will have to run a stretched tire to clear fenders. If you want hellaflush and are willing to run camber, I guess it could work.

The +38 is still aggressive, nearly flush, and you can run a 265/35. It will look super meaty because the tire will have a square sidewall. I vote for +38s.
I’ve been going crazy trying to find examples but havnt been able to find any for the specs I wanna go for but I definitely don’t want them to poke out a lot I want more of a flush fit

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
That sticks out way too much for my taste. With that much offset you'll be throwing all kinds of road debris all over the side of the vehicle.

Reactions: Avedis53

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,677 Posts
The lower portion of your doors and outer sills will get chipped up with that offset.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #809 ·
I’m still debating on going with that offset but if I do I’ll most likely apply PPF on the doors and stuff as an attempt to minimize damage but I’m definitely expecting it
get the +38.

NOT the +15.

You have been warned.

You may still run a 275 tire on that +38 IF you give it about -2 camber...which is what I run all aound on my AWD because I need it for handling.

Reactions: OTW Z-Boy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anyone running 265/35-19's all around with stock sport suspension? I'm thinking of installing some 19x9.5 +45s and wondering if anyone is running something similar. I'd like to keep all four tires the same so I can rotate when needed. Specifically wondering how the wider front tires would affect steering/handling in turns and on the highway..

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #813 ·
as long as those wheels clear your front brakes, that setup is fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm planning on getting the wheels in the link below except 9.5" wide (instead if 8.5) and 45mm offset (instead of 38). They obviously clear the front calipers in these photos. My assumption is that the spokes on the wider wheel will be 5.5mm further from the hub mounting surface of the wheel and should therefore not have any problem clearing the sport calipers, provided no spacers were used in photos I've linked to.Infiniti Q50 White Asanti ABL-12

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #817 ·
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm planning on getting the wheels in the link below except 9.5" wide (instead if 8.5) and 45mm offset (instead of 38). They obviously clear the front calipers in these photos. My assumption is that the spokes on the wider wheel will be 5.5mm further from the hub mounting surface of the wheel and should therefore not have any problem clearing the sport calipers, provided no spacers were used in photos I've linked to.Infiniti Q50 White Asanti ABL-12
you need to ask the manufacturer if the 9.5 +45 clears the brakes.

IMHO, they wont. most aftermarket wheels are good at +38 or +35...especially at 9.5".

i dont know of any aftermarket 9.5 +45 that would clear.

·
Registered
33 Posts
you need to ask the manufacturer if the 9.5 +45 clears the brakes.

IMHO, they wont. most aftermarket wheels are good at +38 or +35...especially at 9.5".

i dont know of any aftermarket 9.5 +45 that would clear.
I guess it just depends on the wheel. Muskie28 is running 19x8.5 +45 (12.5mm less room for the caliper than the x9.5) it would seem with no problem.Post A Picture Of Your Q50

·
Registered
33 Posts
19x9.5 Rota KB-R +37.5mm (40mm offset + 2.5mm spacers)
Wheels cleared Akebono big brakes by ~1mm, but added 2.5mm spacers for a little more room

285/35R19

View attachment 109723

View attachment 109724

View attachment 109725

View attachment 109726
Those are clearly high-quality wheels designed to be light weight, so I can definitely see how the spokes starting to curve inward toward the mounting surface so close to the barrel could cause some brake clearance issues with a high positive offset.

801 - 820 of 835 Posts