Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
841 - 860 of 883 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Model: Q50 RWD RS Wheel: •Work •VSTX •Size Staggered: 20x9.5 et +36 (Front) 20x10.5 et +42 (Rear) Tire: •Michelin •PS4S •Size Staggered: 255/35R20 (Front) 285/30R20 (Rear) Suspension: •RSR Down Sus •1-1.2” all around Any modification: N/A And Pictures:
Nice set up quick question ? Did you use wheel spacers to clear the brakes ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
2019 Q50S (Silver Sport)
110 Posts

· Premium Member
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #844 ·
I could have gone 275/35, but I wanted to do a square setup and didn't want 275's on the front
19x9.4 +40 has zero issues with 275/35 swuare setup...in case you decide to change it next time

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,367 Posts

· Premium Member
Jacksonville, FL
428 Posts
Anyone running 19x11 5x114.3 +22 rear wheels on a RWD? I can get a killer deal on these but I'm very skeptical on fitment. I'd run them as long as they don't stick out. TIA

• Haha
Reactions: xBlitzkriegx

· Premium Member
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #850 ·
Anyone running 19x11 5x114.3 +22 rear wheels on a RWD? I can get a killer deal on these but I'm very skeptical on fitment. I'd run them as long as they don't stick out. TIA
Do not...please.

· Premium Member
Jacksonville, FL
428 Posts
Do not...please.
Care to elaborate? I'm trying to educate myself. My thoughts are if it doesn't look like crap and makes your contact patch as large as possible, why not? Rubbing issues? Will they be flush with the side of the car?

· Premium Member
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #852 ·
Care to elaborate? I'm trying to educate myself. My thoughts are if it doesn't look like crap and makes your contact patch as large as possible, why not? Rubbing issues? Will they be flush with the side of the car?
my 9.5 +45 allows a 275 tire just under the fender.

I have camber at -2 degrees all around for handling not for fitment of said wheel and tire.

please click on the few links on page 1 to see wider wheels and their offsets.

you will soon realize a +22 will work with an 8.5" wheel...maybe.

you be the judge.

dont make me say I told you so.

· Premium Member
Jacksonville, FL
428 Posts
I was 95% sure it was a garbage idea. Really just curious what’s the widest we can push. Thank you for the info.

· Registered
1,567 Posts
I was 95% sure it was a garbage idea. Really just curious what’s the widest we can push. Thank you for the info.
It doesn't work that way. You must increase offset as you increase width. I mean, eventually, you run in to a hard stop. 11" is about the max when using a tire that actually fits the wheel. You might be able to run 11.5" if you're into StAnCe NaTiOn and run really stretched tires. Or, if you're like the guy below, you can fit anything you want as long as you don't care if it hangs out of the wheel well.

Here is what 19x11 +22 looks like on a stock height AWD Q50:
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Car

The only real difference between your car and that one is that it would sit a little lower, it would still look just as ridiculous. A 19x11 requires around +50-60 offset to fit under the car. The tires on that car are 255/40/19, very stretched. A proper fitting tire would need to be at least a 295/30 to not look silly.

A 19x9.5+40 is generally flush fitment when using a correctly sized tire on the wheel. Anything more and the wheel itself starts to like out. You can kinda get away with 19x9+35 depending on the wheel. Also, that's a more common wheel size. That 19x11+22 sticks out 37mm (1.6") further than a 19x9.5+40. A 19x11+57 is practically identical to a 19x9+40 for fender clearance.

Tire size, a 295-315/30 would work. If you don't haul tons of stuff, you might be able to cram a 325 out back but that's nearing the limit for an 11" wheel. A 315/30/19 pairs very well with a 265/35/19, 0.4% difference in size.

· Premium Member
Jacksonville, FL
428 Posts
Jesus… That looks terrible 🤣 Definitely not in it for the likes. Really I’m just throwing every bolt-on part available at her and was thinking about wheels. Just gonna stick with stock. She’s sexy. No need to mess with perfection. And I don’t want attention from the police. StAnCe NaTiOn can handle that 🥳 I appreciate the info and hopefully we keep some other owners from making stupid decisions.

· Registered
2,708 Posts

· Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,968 Posts
Reactions: jodedor

· Registered
7,059 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: jodedor

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon