Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
861 - 880 of 883 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys i just wanted to run some wheels by you guys before I buy a new set of wheels and tires. I already messed up on my last set so want to get it right this time around. I'm thinking of going for a set of 18x9.5 +38 avid1 av6 wrapped in 265/40/18 tires. My car is a 2020 luxe AWD and keeping it stock suspension. I want the setup to fill the wheel well and look a little meaty. Any help would be appreciated.

· Premium Member
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #862 ·
Hi guys i just wanted to run some wheels by you guys before I buy a new set of wheels and tires. I already messed up on my last set so want to get it right this time around. I'm thinking of going for a set of 18x9.5 +38 avid1 av6 wrapped in 265/40/18 tires. My car is a 2020 luxe AWD and keeping it stock suspension. I want the setup to fill the wheel well and look a little meaty. Any help would be appreciated.
as long as they clear your brakes, the 9.5 +35 with 265 ahould fit without rubbing your fenders.

it is best to get the wheels and test fit.

then get tires and test fit.

· Premium Member
2019 Q50S (Silver Sport)
110 Posts
Agreed with above. @jodedor is the man. Sometimes the shape of the concave of the wheel matters more than the offset when clearing sport brakes. I have 19x8.5 +35 Enkei Raijin and the shape of the wheel spokes leaves tons of room for Akebonos. I could go 9.5 in the Raijins (and probably will) with room to spare.

· Registered
2 Posts
Agreed with above. @jodedor is the man. Sometimes the shape of the concave of the wheel matters more than the offset when clearing sport brakes. I have 19x8.5 +35 Enkei Raijin and the shape of the wheel spokes leaves tons of room for Akebonos. I could go 9.5 in the Raijins (and probably will) with room to spare.
I don’t think the luxe has the sport brakes and I don’t plan on doing the upgrade. But in that case 19x9.5 +35 should clear right? And if those clear then I should do like 275/35/19 all around right?

· Premium Member
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #865 ·
I don’t think the luxe has the sport brakes and I don’t plan on doing the upgrade. But in that case 19x9.5 +35 should clear right? And if those clear then I should do like 275/35/19 all around right?
do a test fit with 265 and 275.

275 at +35 may rub when the supension is compressed.

· Registered
7 Posts
Hello!

I am new to buying wheels and tires for cars as my Q50 is my first car. Are there any good options without lowering the car? I can also lower the car - but even then I don't know where to start.

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,367 Posts
Hello!

I am new to buying wheels and tires for cars as my Q50 is my first car. Are there any good options without lowering the car? I can also lower the car - but even then I don't know where to start.
Welcome! Now read this:

· Premium Member
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #869 ·
Hello!

please go back and read through the first post.

there is a lot of information to help you make a decision.

· Registered
7 Posts
I guess I never got to update my comment regarding the wheels...
So I went with the Ambit/Doss R18's
20x9 +35 : 245/35/20
20x10.5 +45 : 285/30/20

FYI: Required a 5mm spacer on front to clear Sport brakes...3mm could have worked too.

Did you purchase the Ambits online? I like the look and am considering it.

· Registered
7 Posts

FYI: Required a 5mm spacer on front to clear Sport brakes...3mm could have worked too.

// Does anyone know where I can purchase these wheels? I have been looking for them w/ no success.

· Registered
4 Posts
1st Post and It's going to be weird!
I just purchased a 2016 Q50 Redsport and I was looking at different wheels - I saw all the ones running the NISMO wheels which was my first impulse but then I thought - what would be different?
2021 A90 Supra wheels - the fronts are 19x9 and weigh 24lbs and the rears are 19x10 and weight 25.3 - that's waaay better than the 31lb Redsport wheels. But I'm old and don't understand the "fitment voodoo" that goes into your wheels not looking crazy. Does the pictured make sense?

Attachments

· Registered
1,567 Posts
1st Post and It's going to be weird!
I just purchased a 2016 Q50 Redsport and I was looking at different wheels - I saw all the ones running the NISMO wheels which was my first impulse but then I thought - what would be different?
2021 A90 Supra wheels - the fronts are 19x9 and weigh 24lbs and the rears are 19x10 and weight 25.3 - that's waaay better than the 31lb Redsport wheels. But I'm old and don't understand the "fitment voodoo" that goes into your wheels not looking crazy. Does the pictured make sense?
Those wheels would stick out past your fenders about 2" front and rear. It would look absolutely hilarious.

Reactions: jodedor

· Premium Member
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #876 ·
See - that's why I wanted to consult you young folk!!! Looks like its Nismo V2's!
offset...offset...offset.

And please remember that if you run the Nismo wheels then you need 2 sets of the fronts all around because you cannot use the rears. The rears would stick out too much.

assuming you have a RWD, you can do a square fitment of 275 all around or do 275 rear and 255 front.

· Registered
4 Posts
offset...offset...offset.

And please remember that if you run the Nismo wheels then you need 2 sets of the fronts all around because you cannot use the rears. The rears would stick out too much.

assuming you have a RWD, you can do a square fitment of 275 all around or do 275 rear and 255 front.
Ohhhh - so I have to run the 19x9 - didn't know that either. You guys are awesome. Being able to run a square fitment will be nice. I had staggered on my IPL .

· Premium Member
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #878 ·
Ohhhh - so I have to run the 19x9 - didn't know that either. You guys are awesome. Being able to run a square fitment will be nice. I had staggered on my IPL .
19x9.5 +40.

that is the spec for nismo front wheel for both styles. you said nismo.

call Z1. They had best price for new wheels. you are looking at under 3k for sub 20# 19" wheels. cant lose.

or run an aftermarket setup to get a wider rear, but you need offset.

rears of 10" and wider are using at least +45 offset.

click in the links.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello, man!
Have you completed this setup? How is the fitment?
I have Gram Lights with similar spec 18x9.5j +38, but currently running them on 255/40/18 - tyres looks pretty small, and I don't want lower my car. I'm thinking to go with 265/40 or 275/40.
If you have completed your setup I'll appreciate if you send me some fitment photos.

*Sorry if my english is broken :)

861 - 880 of 883 Posts