Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have the Add W1, after some initial issues with the wrong bracket sent and the hose clamp allen screw coming loose, I'm still ok with the purchase

·
Registered
2019 Q50S Signature Edition RWD
62 Posts
How well something looks can be very different from how it functions. Functionality is #1 in my book. Just a thought...if I was intaking poison to my body, I'd want a device that removed as much of that poison as possible close to 100 percent. Just 10-20% of the poison getting by is still going to kill ya, just prolong death/illness.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Interesting. When I "have a drink" (a daily occurrence), 90% of the time the proof is in the 80-90+ range. Ergo, 40-45% of what's going in is literally poison. So.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I ended up installing the Add W1 and so far so good. No issues with installation, just tight in the engine when running the hoses.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just installed the Burger Tuning (BMS) Catch Can. I really liked their mounting location and bracket. Took me like 45mins to install. The unit itself is completely billet aluminum.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Does it hit the hood lining? My only complaint about the ADD W1 is the bracket is slightly too tall

·
Registered
799 Posts
As far as i know my ADD W1 does not hit the hood lining. In fact the engine cover sits higher.
Interesting. They had to send me a 2nd bracket due to the original bracket not even allowing the hood to properly shut. The new bracket sits much higher than my engine cover. I wonder if something changed in 2019 that's causing me to have this issue

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,849 Posts
Installed my Add-W1 last night. Haven't put the engine cover back on or even closed the hood yet. Now you guys have me worried about hood liner clearance. I wasn't even thinking about it until I read the last several posts here. I'll check tonight. Do you guys know what the two extra silver Allen bolts/nuts are for? And why are there two holes on the bracket?

·
Registered
941 Posts
For mounting the can different ways or other applications.

·
Super Moderator
3,849 Posts
For mounting the can different ways or other applications.
Can't imagine how the silver bolts/nuts and bracket holes would be used to mount the can any other way... but I'll take your word for it!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Can't imagine how the silver bolts/nuts and bracket holes would be used to mount the can any other way... but I'll take your word for it!
I modded my bracket. I'll post up pics this weekend.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
941 Posts
Here's some pics that should show it well.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
3,849 Posts
Thanks u1. That makes sense. My bracket is one piece, I couldn't do that if I wanted to.

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Super Moderator
3,849 Posts
Here's a close-up of my bracket. You can see it's one piece and you can see the tab with the two holes that would cause my confusion.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Is that bracket mounted to the engine with only one bolt?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Here's a close-up of my bracket. You can see it's one piece and you can see the tab with the two holes that would cause my confusion.
I cut that part off my bracket and painted it so it matched in that area.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I mounted the catch can lower. Look at my pics. I use a 150cc fluid syringe to suck out the fluids thru the dipstick hole so no unscrew or unbolt to service.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Is that bracket mounted to the engine with only one bolt?
Yes that's how they do it. It holds surprisingly well. I know that the MM used two bolts but it's not necessary.

181 - 200 of 269 Posts