Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,635 Posts
I had sent Add-W1 a question about the tab with two holes on the bracket and the two extra Allen silver screws and this was their reply:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. that is extra from the packing for other setups.

Thank you,

Jack

·
Registered
352 Posts
I had sent Add-W1 a question about the tab with two holes on the bracket and the two extra Allen silver screws and this was their reply:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. that is extra from the packing for other setups.

Thank you,

Jack
OK. 🙂

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
u1, if I may.... regarding your sig.... Can you tell us more about the sport pedals? (should be Stillen RASB, not RSB ;) ). (Should be EcuTek or ecutek, not ECUtek (according to them)). (Should be ADD-W1, not ADD1.) I'd spell out Radiant. What is an AOM? What is a Proclip? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
352 Posts

• u1, if I may.... regarding your sig.... Can you tell us more about the sport pedals? (should be Stillen RASB, not RSB ;) ). (Should be EcuTek or ecutek, not ECUtek (according to them)). (Should be ADD-W1, not ADD1.) I'd spell out Radiant. What is an AOM? What is a Proclip? Thanks. :)
    OK mostly fixed. You better check it out... LOL
  • Ebay replica sport pedal kit
  • Diode Dynamics AOM is a fog light always on module
  • Proclip is a phone holder

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
So, check valve or no check valve?

·
Registered
352 Posts
So, check valve or no check valve?
You talkin to me...? Haha...

If yes, then no, there is no check valve on my two port can kit. PCV valve serves as check valve.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
You talkin to me...? Haha...

If yes, then no, there is no check valve on my two port can kit. PCV valve serves as check valve.
I did a bad job at trying to get back on topic, sorry. I was just asking if people think a check valve should be used or not. I wasn't asking if you specifically have one. More your (and other's) opinion on the use of them.

Just asking because the Add-W1's instruction show one and state "Optional" with no explanation as to where you might buy one and what its benefits are.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,058 Posts
I guess I don't see why a check valve would be necessary on the PCV hose since the PCV valve already serves that purpose.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I did a bad job at trying to get back on topic, sorry. I was just asking if people think a check valve should be used or not. I wasn't asking if you specifically have one. More your (and other's) opinion on the use of them.

Just asking because the Add-W1's instruction show one and state "Optional" with no explanation as to where you might buy one and what its benefits are.
Do you have the three port catch can kit, or the two?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Curious as to why the car doesn't come with an OCC installed from the factory if it's such an critical part. Anyone have answers? Can it cause an issue if it's installed?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Curious as to why the car doesn't come with an OCC installed from the factory if it's such an critical part. Anyone have answers? Can it cause an issue if it's installed?
That question can be asked pretty much about everything we add or replace with aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Curious as to why the car doesn't come with an OCC installed from the factory if it's such an critical part. Anyone have answers?
Many automakers have air/oil separators, which are like a Catch Can, but with a continuous drain (back to the crankcase). Various Audi engines have air/oil separators as factory-installed equipment. The air/oil separators are technically "maintenance-free" and are emissions-compliant. OCCs are certainly not maintenance-free...

·
Registered
26 Posts
That question can be asked pretty much about everything we add or replace with aftermarket.
Not really if we're talking longevity. LDPs, tunes, etc from what I can tell don't improve reliability or longevity. Things like the OCC and the Heat Exchanger might hence my question.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Not really if we're talking longevity. LDPs, tunes, etc from what I can tell don't improve reliability or longevity. Things like the OCC and the Heat Exchanger might hence my question.
Yeah. Catch can (or, more likely, a maintenance free separator like Iridium said), larger HE, larger coolant tanks, BOVs, etc. I've learned not to ask the question: "If this aftermarket modification is so much better, why didn't Nissan do it?" I just do it anyway. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah. Catch can (or, more likely, a maintenance free separator like Iridium said), larger HE, larger coolant tanks, BOVs, etc. I've learned not to ask the question: "If this aftermarket modification is so much better, why didn't Nissan do it?" I just do it anyway. ;)
I asked similar while owning my Tundra. Not having certain items factory installed probably has a lot to do with bean counters. You've got it right tho...add it if you want and be on your merry way. My Q about the OCC was to see if there's a detriment to it. Doesn't seem like there would be but was curious.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just a hunch, but I suspect they didn't do it because then you wouldn't need to pay them for expensive nut-blast valve cleanings as often.

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
I use this one:

I fitted a small hard plastic tubing to mine to be sure it'll pass thru the dipstick hole. You could also use the largest blunt needle that comes with the kit.

201 - 220 of 224 Posts