Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
That looks pretty good. I picked up two from the dealership last time I was in. The important part is the crush gaskets, which comes with these, at least the picture shows them. Great find and thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Please do not use 65f0c. It has a cardboard encap indide and is made in China. Nothing aginst that. This is excess stock of a replaced part number that are being sold cheap.

The new part number is 15208-65f0e. It is made in mexico and has metal end caps inside.
The oem Japanese ones also have metal end caps, but are expensive and hard to find.

Yes, I have cut open 65f0e to confirm that it is metal.

The cardboard box in which the filter comes will say where it's made. Buy the made in Mexico ones. Nissan switched manufacturers.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Please do not use 65f0c. It has a cardboard encap indide and is made in China. Nothing aginst that. This is excess stock of a replaced part number that are being sold cheap.

The new part number is 15208-65f0e. It is made in mexico and has metal end caps inside.
The oem Japanese ones also have metal end caps, but are expensive and hard to find.

Yes, I have cut open 65f0e to confirm that it is metal.

The cardboard box in which the filter comes will say where it's made. Buy the made in Mexico ones. Nissan switched manufacturers.
So which ones do the Infiniti service departments use?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
At our dealership Parts Department I was sold a Nissan Oil Filter number 15208-65F0C, made in Japan. The Parts Manager sold me a few of these and then asked me to wait a moment whilst he disappeared, returning with many crush washers. Yep, we need those!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Other than the Nissan oil filter for the Q, what are some other aftermarket filters that work? Like what is the product code for the Fram filter that we can find in a automotive supply store such as Autozone or Advance Auto Parts?

·
Registered
163 Posts
The M1 is what I run and it's very well made and does the Job!
Could you possibly provide me with a link to this specific product?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
You guys into B&D? Or plain old masochism?
Just use
- have been using it for ages (and totally ignore whining that it "does not drain all oil"

·
Registered
24 Posts
+1 on the Fumoto oil drain. I've used it on my past 4 Nissan/Infiniti cars with no issues. Just a turn of the lever and oil go bye bye.

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do our cars come with synthetic from the manufacture? The Manual says to use genuine Nissan Ester oil so I am assuming it does?

I have free oil change for as long as I own the vehicle so no need to do it myself unless they use dino oil, in which case I will change it myself and use a quality synthetic.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Infiniti dealer uses only genuine Nissan Ester oil.
This is definitely not correct. You go in for one of their oil change specials or the free ones you got when you purchased, they are using dino.

Nissan Ester at either of the Infiniti dealers near me costs more than what they quote for Mobil 1 (some absurd $ amount like $90). I bring a 5 qt jug of Pennzoil Platinum that costs me $22. Problem = solved.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.