Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did an oil change and went reset the mileage and date within the main console under maintenance. Np there.
Went to reset the dash info on center dash. It resets but it says oil due in 10K miles. In the maintenance console I've got it set for 6500 miles. What's up with that?

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
working as intended, two different things. the maintenance note app doesnt control the OLM. one of these monitors oil life based on many factors and the other is just a basic minder app.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,857 Posts
Font Screenshot Number Event

Reactions: Kraken

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,180 Posts
Yeah, it's like some small unevolved creature with two feeble brains that don't communicate to each other, thus one limb has no idea what the other limb is doing.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I thought something was for sure fubared.
Really not surprising with infinitis whole information layout.
this of it more like a fail safe. the OLM will never let you go over without bugging the crap out of you, lol

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
The car should just refuse to start once you hit 9,950 miles after the last time the oil life reminder was reset.

If I remember correctly, those reminders in the center stack display that you can set custom intervals on don't actually do anything to remind you. You have to go in through the menus to look at them manually. At least the one between the tach and speedo gets your attention. I should say I assume it will come on regardless of what information screen you have that display set to, I don't know for sure. It doesn't appear to keep track of time however. I only change my oil once a year because I don't put many miles on the car, and I have never seen it warn me that I am getting close to the one-year recommended service interval for the oil.

·
Registered
2018 Signature.
2,675 Posts
Your right there Pill, if we can have low outside temperature show up, then the oil change due should show up.

Reactions: Pillboy

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,857 Posts
The car should just refuse to start once you hit 9,950 miles after the last time the oil life reminder was reset.

If I remember correctly, those reminders in the center stack display that you can set custom intervals on don't actually do anything to remind you. You have to go in through the menus to look at them manually. At least the one between the tach and speedo gets your attention. I should say I assume it will come on regardless of what information screen you have that display set to, I don't know for sure. It doesn't appear to keep track of time however. I only change my oil once a year because I don't put many miles on the car, and I have never seen it warn me that I am getting close to the one-year recommended service interval for the oil.
Whachu talkin bout Willis?

Font Parallel Number Rectangle Document

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,857 Posts
I would swear when I first got the car I went in and set values for the "oil and filter replacement indicator" and have not heard a peep out of the car to remind me about it.
Do you have the settings turned on?

Menu > Settings > Meter > Maintenance > Oil and Filter > Show Alerts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts