Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 168 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,881 Posts
I wish i had chosen the Q50 RS over the Stinger :(

Kia/Hyundai are like Samsung - look very nice on the surface but the finesse & fine tuning/calibration is not there.
I like Samsung and LG.

·
Super Moderator
4,881 Posts
Lol. I am an Android guy.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,459 Posts
Apple
The only thing Apples are good for is eating and making money off of.
I've made $3 million off of Apple and I like eating apples so I'd have to agree. If that's all they're good for, I'm down with that.

·
Super Moderator
4,881 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,459 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
OH so you mean its like Apple ;) Samsung has way more tweaking than an Apple.
No.
Samsung may have superior specs on paper. But when it comes to real world use performance Apple is faster and far better optimised, which is what actually matters, instead of fancy paper specs.
It's the same with cars. The truth is the Stinger will impress on a test/short drive. But the shortcomings become apparent once you start to spend more time with it.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,459 Posts
No.
Samsung may have superior specs on paper. But when it comes to real world use performance Apple is faster and far better optimised, which is what actually matters, instead of fancy paper specs.
It's the same with cars. The truth is the Stinger will impress on a test/short drive. But the shortcomings become apparent once you start to spend more time with it.
Now that Apple gave Intel the middle digit and is making it's own 5 nm, M1 ARM-based cpu and combining that with their closed OS makes for optimized performance and ensuring everything works. Compared to a gazillion versions of Android's open-sourced OS and the problems that causes, I'll take Apple any day.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
No.
I wasn't comparing paper specs. We can argue optimized all day, but Samsung is FAR more flexible and customizable than Apple. It's not even close.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
The Galaxy Z sure is flexible!

So between Apple and Samsung, is the comparison between the hardware or the software? Because we all know the software (OS) is Google's. Samsung may have created some custom libraries and apis but still sits on OS. Apple, on the other hand, built both HW and OS. I don't think we can directly compare them.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Whether you pick android or Apple your paying money for a device that you need as a phone that ends up tracking you and collecting data on you

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,459 Posts

So between Apple and Samsung, is the comparison between the hardware or the software? Because we all know the software (OS) is Google's. Samsung may have created some custom libraries and apis but still sits on OS. Apple, on the other hand, built both HW and OS. I don't think we can directly compare them.
Thinking back to when I was actively moderating on the AT&T forums, trying to help users with Android phones was difficult. With all the different flavors of the Android OS plus what the phone manufacturers modified in the open-source OS, and what end-users were changing in their phones, troubleshooting problems was a pain. Apple was a lot simpler to diagnose.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,459 Posts
Whether you pick android or Apple your paying money for a device that you need as a phone that ends up tracking you and collecting data on you
So does your web browser, ISP, cable TV, satellite TV, Alexa, and just about every other device connected to the internet.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Samsung hardware is amazing. Easily best in the industry.
I own a Galaxy S8 since 2017 and it's still great.

Perhaps I'm being harsh on the Stinger - it's got all the right recipe, just needs a bit more cooking if you know what i mean. Slightly better NVH etc

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #98

Perhaps I'm being harsh on the Stinger - it's got all the right recipe, just needs a bit more cooking if you know what i mean. Slightly better NVH etc
Ive heard similar from others as well. It needed to marinate more to really be delicious.

·
Super Moderator
4,881 Posts
I don't know why but since I am an ex "Palm" guy, I 'needed' a stylus. I have an LG Stylo. Do I use the stylus? 1% of the time. :run:

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Thinking back to when I was actively moderating on the AT&T forums, trying to help users with Android phones was difficult. With all the different flavors of the Android OS plus what the phone manufacturers modified in the open-source OS, and what end-users were changing in their phones, troubleshooting problems was a pain. Apple was a lot simpler to diagnose.
I think it's about striking the right balance of having flexibility while reducing the support nightmare. I used to own a service in my previous job and customers were asking me to offer more flexibility while the support team was asking for more control and stability and not make the offering a sort the 'wild, wild, west' model. It was a tough call.

The hardware would probably last forever but the problem may be on the software support lifecycle - both android and apple. They'll sunset it eventually.

Stinger was one of cars I was targeting last summer but couldn't get my wife to agree.

81 - 100 of 168 Posts