Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I’ve owned a 2004 G35 coupe, a 2009 G37, and currently have a 2019 Q50. I really miss the sound of my 04 G35. What after market exhausts will get me close to that sound? I’m fine with axel back or CBE. Thanks!

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,855 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, ARK Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
711 Posts
Unfortunately you will never get that sound, the G35 was the best sounding car Infiniti produced, the G37 was just as good but at the end of the day those are NA motors compared to forced induction 3.0s. I strongly recommend going with CBE over the axle back, I did that my first Q50 and just wanted more so I had to piece together a full exhaust kit, I was also under the impression that I would not mod my car, that did not last long. Regardless of what you decide, there are a ton of clips on youtube for you to view, the most popular choices are Fast Intentions(90% of the members will recommend) , ARK (I strongly recommend, as will others), Stillen, MBRP (Strongly recommend not getting this set due to the drone), Invidia, and quite a few more but cant think of them off the top of my head. Infiniti has an axle back and thats what I started with, I wanted more right away lol Good Luck in your hunt!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all! I’ve owned a 2004 G35 coupe, a 2009 G37, and currently have a 2019 Q50. I really miss the sound of my 04 G35. What after market exhausts will get me close to that sound? I’m fine with axel back or CBE. Thanks!
Unfortunately you will never get that sound, the G35 was the best sounding car Infiniti produced, the G37 was just as good but at the end of the day those are NA motors compared to forced induction 3.0s. I strongly recommend going with CBE over the axle back, I did that my first Q50 and just wanted more so I had to piece together a full exhaust kit, I was also under the impression that I would not mod my car, that did not last long. Regardless of what you decide, there are a ton of clips on youtube for you to view, the most popular choices are Fast Intentions(90% of the members will recommend) , ARK (I strongly recommend, as will others), Stillen, MBRP (Strongly recommend not getting this set due to the drone), Invidia, and quite a few more but cant think of them off the top of my head. Infiniti has an axle back and thats what I started with, I wanted more right away lol Good Luck in your hunt!
Thanks for the advice! I’ll check out Fast Intentions. I’ve seen some videos for ARK. Sounds great but probably too loud for me being 40 and living in the burbs.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,855 Posts
Thanks for the advice! I’ll check out Fast Intentions. I’ve seen some videos for ARK. Sounds great but probably too loud for me being 40 and living in the burbs.
14-16 week lead time on FI CBEs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts